More Runeblade Weapons

I stated runeblades that only we could use, so that means literal runeblades as a weapon only dks could use.

That’s a mawforged hammer though. I’m thinking specifically of the rune covered blades from the death knight starting area, and the armory box from the Broken Shore.

So literally like DHs getting warglaives. Yeah. Ok then thoughts of the actual system I proposed then? As we would turn weapon drops into unique runeblades.
Like Shadow’s Edge turning into Shadowmourne. For a visual simile.

Exactly

As i said When we get a weapon and take it to a forge and place runes on it, it changes into a runeblade like Shadowmourne and Frostmourne. It changes its looks into a full runeblade. Wither it be a mace, sword, axe.

This is what I would love to see give us some damn flavor

Ok I getcha now.
We were on the same wavelength but with some static distorting the view between us.

1 Like

Do you guys understand the massive undertaking that what you are asking for actually consists of?

Every single weapon would need to get this alternative look to it which they are absolutely not going to do.

They would have to do all 1h weapons outside of daggers and fist weapons, they would have to do all 2h weapons as well. Its an unrealistic ask when they could just make some more.

They have a lot of concept art that they could implement. They have axes, they have swords, no real maces, they even have some polearms that they could turn into in game rune weapons.

1 Like

Yes I do realize the extent I ask for. However I am not saying that every single weapon needs a 1 to 1 copy.

Say we have Generic Quest Swords 2H 1-10, that turns into Generic Quest Runeblade 2H 1-3
then maybe Generic Dungeon Swords 2H 1-5, and those turn into Generic Dungeon Runeblade 2H 1 or 2
So it’s not doubling the amount of art and model assets. Although it would mean More than just the normal weapons of current.

But it means there become a lot more Class Oriented options for DKs. DHs get this treatment right now for free with Warglaives. As the only other HERO CLASS, I feel we deserve equity on par with DHs. It may not be about the Power of the Class anymore but a Hero Class definitely should get more in terms of cosmetics and feel. Some dry humour DK only joke lines. Maybe tiers of eye glow from minimal to standard to extreme. (Minimal basically being the blank eyes no glowy bits. Standard as they are now. and extreme being like the DH but in DK blue. Unless they wanna also give us class eye color options.)
I would ALSO love to see some Tattoo options in Lich Blue or flat black. As Koltira ahs runic tattoos, on his chest. (If you use modelviewer it’s an NPC only shirt but hey that was the tech at the time.)

Am i asking for a lot? Yes, Yes I am. Because you don’t market something as a HERO CLASS and then throw it in the garbage for several years.

2 Likes

Last time I tried the /joke on my dk we didn’t have our own jokes we had the normal ones for the race. Unless thats changed but that was a few years ago. Well it was either us or DH that didnt have their own jokes.

DHs have their own but not us DKs.

yea I thought so I knew one of them didn’t have their own jokes like the other one. Which just frustrating.

Right? I mean there’s some gold waiting right there.

Icecream jokes. Snow jokes, Winters jokes.
Along with just more undead humour.

This “They keep saying winter is coming but its already here” or something like that pull off Winter is coming from got.

mhm and then the flirts.

“I’d say you’re sweet like Ice cream. But I no longer have a sense of taste.”

1 Like

Yep that is a good one

This is a monumental ask.

Its also a slippery slope. If Dk’s get it then every other class will want weapons that are exclusive for that class. People already look at what other classes have in terms of talents and abilities you think they wouldnt say “DH’s and DK’s get their own weapons we should too!”.

Other classes aren’t Hero Classes. That’s the line they need to draw and that is it.
Should other classes get soem class exclusive mogs? Hell yeah. But systems? Not so much.

If you are going to do it for one it should be for all to be honest. If equity is the goal then you cant just say “only hero classes get this”.

This is really about how to implement cosmetics. Make it so if you are a blacksmith and a DK you can craft certain weapons that actually look like runeblades. Do the same with the other classes as well. It doesnt need to have a ton of them either and it would increase the appeal of professions at the same time. They had requirements before when it came to professions, requires engineering 400. Tier sets also require that class. So make it so if you are a blacksmith and a Dk you can make runeweapons and make it so that dk’s can only use them. Make it so that you have to use a Runeforge to craft them or something.

That’s not a bad idea either.

The hammer itself does have runic engravings, they just dont glow, and are tiny. I would love to have more options for runic warhammer/mauls though. We dont have nearly enough runic maces or hammers with proper rune engravings.

I couldnt find any examples online, so I just made my own example.

1 Like

Damn, that’s cool as hell.