More Proof Blizzard is Abusing Healers in RSS

What’s the healer balance right now? It’s pretty close to even

It absolutely is not. There are over 100 Hpals over 2400, but only 12-13 players above 2400 for some of the other healer specs in RSS. It is absolutely not close to balanced or evenly distributed, and currently, with deflation as bad as it is, the most logical path to 2400 for healers, is create a whole new Hpal and push it out, which is unacceptable when we had much more rating inflation in DF S1 and people were happier, queueing more, and playing the classes they enjoyed.

It’s fine for some classes to be better than others balance wise, but it is not fine for the difference to be whether you are 2100 or 2400. That is why we are asking for inflation, and why inflation is so necessary.

You should be able to reach 2400 with any healer spec, and see representation similar to what we had in DF S1 (200-250 players above 2400 for the worst healer specs), which is when RSS first went live. That way, if one healer or spec is better than the others, it will be the difference between 2400 and 2700, which does not see an entire achievement tier being out of reach, but rather becomes a matter of prestige, as it should.

1 Like

stupid garbage poop company.

i expect nothing from them this season or this xpac.

devoker still most garbage dps spec in game gg

2 Likes

what are they going to do? give healers more rating? that’ll just benefit the healers already playing, it wont incentivize people to want to play healer. although keeping the healers we already we already have wouldn’t be such a terrible strategy since a lot of them dont want to play.

If you’re citing venruki, why wouldn’t you just link venruki’s video instead of asmongold clickbait. This is the video in question

2 Likes

I just copied the link from another thread. I didn’t realize one streamer versus another would be such a big deal for people. I am not hip to any of this I suppose. I will see if I can change the link and timecode.

They increase healer rating, and increase the rating gain curve for healers (and minimize the issues that cause an overall negative downward trend, as pointed out by Venruki) and you will not only keep the healers you have, but see DPS players who are struggling to reach their goals switch to healer as it will be more consistent to reach 2400 in RSS.

The end goal is to hopefully get healers to a place where performing 3-3 moves you upwards over time, so that more players will be incentivized to play healers overall. If you think that’s “free” and “a handout” you are on to something, because doing that in RSS hurts none of the competitive efficacy, and draws in players to role we need filled for the community to be healthy. People are essentially starving, and the rich (you) are skeptical about foodstamps, to use a metaphor.

RSS should be seen as a feeder mode for people to build their achievement history, and confidence so that they will move into the real competitive mode which is 3v3, and which will be boosted by the amount of new healer players that are competent after practicing many games because they knew they could reach 2400 if they did.

Hope that helps those to see how crucial it is to make healers have a normalized climb in RSS where most of their games are 3-3 and out of their control.

It’s not perfect but this is the best balance I’ve seen since launch. Hpal meta is one of the better ones

1 Like

The thread about there being no elite sword mog has like 600 replies and 1200 likes. Not a whisper from the devs.

I have no issue with the balance, Blizzard just needs to inflate. We should not be telling some healer specs that they don’t get 2400 because Blizzard doesn’t want to turn the rating up. I am fine with all the Hpals moving up in rating too, so they are 2700-3000 rating, if that means our fellow healers of less-good specs get their 2400 achievements which they deserve.

If someone got 2400 last season as a healer, they deserve it this season as a healer if they are playing just as well. With deflation currently, that is not true.

The sword is being added. No, I will not be screenshotting the Teams.

2 Likes

I’m 1750 right now after i pushed a bit on resto druid. I feel like with the right mmr boost I could get 1800 and be happy

1 Like

What? Proof?

1 Like

No one is going to take this seriously when you say “abuse”. No one is “abusing” healers.

Honestly all you healers are really doing is annoying everyone and giving incentive to just make a 2v2 and RBG solo queue. Then ban heals from 2v2. Problem solved.

1 Like

I hope you never want heals from healers in PvP.

1 Like

Link? I can’t seem to find one as an official discord

I don’t. You primadonnas need to play or not. Obviously not even Blizzard cares. Give us 2v2 DPS only.

:dracthyr_nervous_animated: :dracthyr_nervous_animated: :flushed:

It’s not about abuse, but if you’re getting annoyed from people pointing out some pretty massive issues I’m not sure what to tell you. Get more patience and learn to understand issues being presented, or don’t I guess.

Either way, there is definitely a problem. It was there in season 1 too but it was so inflated it didn’t matter much. In season 2 they capped mmr and artifically deflated mmr, so now you have healers who are at 2.4k mmr going against healers at 2.1k mmr, which means you lose mmr for a 4-2 or 5-1 and lose cr/mmr for a 3-3. Happens to dps too, just not as bad because dps go against each other so its 3v3 and healers are 1v1. The other issue is capping mmr, season 1 was fine the insane players should be much further up than the mid level players/good players. The video has a good run down of what’s happening and now that more of the dps mains are playing healers they are seeing it as often as we do.

1 Like

Yes right now we talking about healers who play now that don’t want to que anymore. Incentivizing players is another subject. I am on my 8 healers don’t want to que solo period same as other. I am so fed up with 3:3 and 0 points. Fed up with 5:1 or 4:2 and gaining nothing or 1-2 points. Fed up with disc being rarbo and h pal just dominating solo, skilles, backpaddling pallies just shooting up to 2k bracket as it was 1400.

2 Likes

Get more patience lol. Healers have dominated arena play since they cancelled titles for 2v2. Cant play 3s without a healer. And all the crying you guys did about dps heals and CC is too much and wah wah wah, now you need a healer for 2v2.

Enough is enough. PvE needs tanks and healers. PvP doesn’t. Dont think for one second you cant be marginalized with a 2v2 dps only SS.

1 Like

I don’t really care about your 2v2 dps idea lol, they can go ahead and do that. It’ll be dead pretty quickly, but if it’s something they want to do I wouldnt oppose it. I’m sure it’ll be very balanced and dps players certainly won’t complain. Either way, I didn’t oppose the idea I just think it’s hilarious you’re threatening with that as if it means anything lmao, you aren’t developing the game, 0% chance you can do anything about that.