More Horde Mount Bias? Why does Blizzard hate the Alliance?

When is this going to end? Why is it that being Alliance now means less quality reward in mounts, but now also quantity?

The horde already has access to Kua’fon through their exclusive questline. However, this is account wide, but doesn’t make it any less appealing because as an Alliance player you have to play Horde to get it.

Now in 8.2, they get yet another one, Child of Torcali. Another exclusive Horde questline, how is it possible for the Horde to get two more exclusive questline mounts before the Alliance sees their raise their bee one?

Reputation wise, the horde has more unique rewards. Also, they are getting a spectral reputation mount too while the Alliance only gets the recolor versions even though a spectral version makes much more sense for Drustvar and the Ember of Order.

I know many of you will say I’m just whining for no reason, but man the evidence is there. Being Alliance is already bad enough when it comes to PvP and PvE, but now we are getting shafted in rewards since the beginning of BfA.

At this point, I want the bee mount to become literally Alliance only. Not account wide at all. You can ignore this last sentence, this is me just being plain salty.

35 Likes

Nice last second edit. I can respect you were able to self reflect there where needed.

As for the rest, we already have data mined quests showing the bee mount will almost certainly be an Alliance only quest. I wont hold my breath but I wouldnt be surprised if there is another on the way. What kind of Kul Tiras islands type mount would you want to see through questing?

Blizzard hates the Alliance should be the name of an emo punk band.

Their first disc should be named “Dad never loved me”.

28 Likes

that would require blizz to let us get our own band like the tauren chieftans oh wait… that would mean we would have to be liked enough to get a band like the horde too!

18 Likes

I think a wicked mount would be awesome. The ones from Drustvar, the pet itself already exist. Maybe we get a questline to feed it magic and raise it to be a mount.

15 Likes

Why is it that being alliance means your faction leaders get to teleport out every time at 5% health?

41 Likes

Aren’t there 2 Horde bands in DMF now?

5 Likes

Ha, that was going to be my suggestion. it uses the wolf skeleton so it wouldnt be too hard to toss a saddle on it.

Also wouldnt mind one of the new lizards like we see the Troggs riding on.

6 Likes

Y’know. The whole horse mount meme wouldn’t be so bad if the animations weren’t so god damn stupidly awful. Ride a horse in game right now. Watch it from the behind your character as it runs. Notice anything? That’s right, it’s as if your toon is just bugged and floating in the air because it does. not. move. It’s only when you move your camera angle to the side that you actually see anything happen. The same issue plagues the ram mounts. The Blizz animation dept completely dropped the ball on this.

12 Likes

oh yeah you are right my bad

1 Like

Sounds like you could use another horse mount.

20 Likes

You’re right. You’re whining for no reason. And I say that as Alliance, and as a mount collector.

P.S. The horse mounts are great, and I love 'em. Amongst other things, they make the 10 year old girl I once was very happy indeed. Whereas most of the BfA Horde mounts are straight up hideous…

9 Likes

Speak for yourself, I’ve wanted a Grand Gryphon reskin like the Order of Embers one for YEARS.

1 Like

Oh boy! A recolored direhorn! So unique! So much bias!

33 Likes

You chumps can keep your horses, kodos, dragons, and direhorns.

I got my two person rocket that can only be obtained by having real friends.

10 Likes

I made a thread before that mount animations need to be updated. I hope they add it to their list to be honest. This plagues cat mounts too, it looks awfully weird when you look at yourself riding from the side. We are like floating.

4 Likes

Gee, I guess all you have to console yourself is access to two recolours of our elite pvp mounts.

4 Likes

I’m sure it looks bad saying this on a Horde toon, but meh? I have Horde and Alliance characters. I’m trying to collect everything, no matter the faction.

That said, I would give up both faction mounts and have all of the horses if I got the Alliance’s ability of retaining racial leaders.

3 Likes

Winter sales and an email account got it for me for less than a store mount. Didnt have to subject my other friends to WoW that way.

I’m whining on quantity. How can you ever argue with that? That is not even subjective. You are getting shafted on pure numbers and content alone and you are okay with that?

10 Likes