More Entropic Embrace skins

Hello!!

I would love to see more Entropic Embrace skins for Void Elves :slight_smile:

Currently, we only have the “deep blue” skin (you can see it here: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/20/3/1589357692-5eziqeucz1.png) that Void Elves turn into when Entropic Embrace kicks in. I would love to be able to choose from among a wide range of “voidy” skins, ranging from no-void skin to full voidy skin, like Alleria’s form (you can see it here: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/20/3/1589357692-5eziqeucz1.png)*

Perhaps something similar to how Worgen customization works? For instance: imagine going to the character selection screen, then choosing Void Elf and then you’d see your normal Void Elf skin and at the back you’d see the Entropic Embrace form. Imagine being able to manually select both normal and Entropic Embrace forms directly from the character selection screen or even the barbershop!

*Image links extracted from MMO-Champion: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2382861-Official-High-Elf-Discussion-Megathread/page959

EDIT:

Here’s another option I’d like for Entropic Embrace: the option to fully voidify your character, including armor, like Alleria:

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/june/AlleriaVoid.jpg

DISCLAIMER:

I don’t get it. I really don’t get it. Why would you be bothered by customization options for Void Elves that, according to you guys, deviate from the race’s main theme? It’s like being against Wildhammer customization options for Dwarves or against San’layn/Dark Ranger options for Blood Elves. These options do deviate a lot quite frankly from their “parent” race and I’ve yet to see a single poster complaining about it.

I’m starting to feel there’s this big group of forum posters who will always complain about any option with which we could remotely resemble an Alliance High Elf. I didn’t even propose the no-void thinking on High Elves, but actually on my Void Elf Warlock, who I roleplay as not being as powerful as the rest of Void Elves and thus, in my headcanon, wouldn’t be able to activate Entropic Embrace.

I also know, both here and in the EU forums, quite a few Void Elf fans who love the race and the theme but detest the racial’s looks.

It’s perfectly fine that you have this weird High Elf phobia, but please leave it out of this thread. Thank you.

34 Likes

Let me aid you, friend.

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/20/3/1589357692-5eziqeucz1.png

34 Likes

I hate to be that person but this just feels like an excuse so people pretending to be High Elves can ignore the fact they’re void elves.

Edit: The darker one seems cool as he’ll though. Perhaps unlocked with your heritage armor?

12 Likes

Agreed. I like everything in the post prior except the non visual non void choice. That’s weird. And it feels very calculated. You got the normal skin stop trying to dismantle the racials.

10 Likes

Changes in the appearance would be more the job of a glyph than a customization setting. That’s too much work for such a small detail. But a glyph for just one race won’t be made, either.

I think some difference should be kept between Alleria and us. We didn’t all eat the heart of a demon nor did we absorb a void Naaru. Let her remain special.

5 Likes

Can I have Alleria void form randomly without being a Void Elf. :<

That looks cool!

1 Like

Thanks!! Inactivity shouldn’t really be a reason to lose TL3 privileges :disappointed:

Yeah I would kill for that skin :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This seems the perfect thing for a glyph.

That’s exactly what this is.

The definition of entropic is having a tendency to change from a state of order to a state of disorder. When entropic embrace procs we’re pretty much empowered by the void.

So, the idea of entropic embrace having a light or no void option doesn’t make sense.

I totally love that void look. It looks way more sinister and I want it lol.

7 Likes

We know Blizz can do something like this what with warlock’s green fire and all. I’d be down, the darker skin looks cool

1 Like

I know right? My Void Elf priest would totally choose that dark form! :grin:

2 Likes

I know this is bait, but I’ll give a tiny bite.
You’re a void elf.
You’re a Ren’dorei.
If you don’t want your Thalassian elf to be associated with the Void, the Horde is waiting for you.

6 Likes

Yeah I really love the darker skin. Some players would even like Entropic Embrace skins to be permanent (optionally). Not sure if that would be very lore friendly, but I’d also love that option.

3 Likes

Don’t see why it wouldn’t be lore friendly. More void options would surely help sell the difference bwteen blood elves and void elves

Void options, sure.
The OP explicitly also mentions “non-void” options.
That should be a no.

6 Likes

More void variety? Sure.

Non void entropic embrace? No.

8 Likes

Cause some people could argue Entropic Embrace should be temporary. But I honestly couldn’t care less, just imagine those almost-black Void Elf rogues sneaking up on you :joy:

1 Like

(Statement): More options are always better. Unit Exacitor is in support of this addition.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Void Elves get white, and silver hair options in Shadowlands.

5 Likes

Just to note, I believe alpha already has this:

Obviously its not 100% perfect since we dont currently get the ghostly white hair like Alleria’s but it seems like Blizz is making efforts in this area.

I do hope though that we get glyphs for it so people who like the old void form can still have it. More options are better!

Disclaimer: I am not in alpha so I did not take this screenshot. I have no idea if this was simply photoshopped but it came with other pictures that seemed legit.

4 Likes