More Customisation Options for Default Frames

Would be nice to have an ‘advanced’ menu for default frame customization. It could include things like;

• Amount of buffs/debuffs displayed (max at 6 or so)
  • Text size
  • Show headers Y/N
  • Horizontal/Vertical groups
  • Text Positioning
  • Power bar %/# displays

I actually really like using the default frames however due to having a smaller screen the limited sizing options make it hard to have a good sized frames at a suitable position for healing. Due to the group headers I am unable to have horizontal groups which is really frustrating as it is neater and easier to clearly read when horizontal. I think it is time for the default frames to get an overhaul and give players more customization to them… Addons often mess up or don’t show new boss debuffs until you manually add them in which can be painful mid-raid, they are also horrible to set up from scratch and sometimes barely work. The default frames shouldn’t have issues nearly as much as addons and I am yet to encounter any bugs with them.

Hopefully others agree with me that some more options with default frames should be put in soon.

Thanks!

Hey,

Blizzard are unlikely to make such a major overhaul to the ui as it would take up many resources and create many potential interaction bugs, e.g the amt of buffs being displayed at a maximum means you wouldn’t be able to click off a buff you didn’t want anymore if it was over the maximum.

The reason why you haven’t encountered many bugs with the default ui is exactly why they don’t change it- don’t fix it if it ain’t broke, because if it was buggy, people would stop playing the game.

For text size, if you’re talking about the chatbox, you can already resize that. There are customisable healing raid frame addons such as vuhdo and healbot, so you can have the frames as you like, and hide the default frames. These addons are very popular and most definitely work.

However if you are definite on using the default ui frames, there is an addon called moveanything, that lets you move or hide parts of the default ui, which hopefully will help you with your screen visibility issue.

Good luck!