More Changes Due to Lawsuit

A Message from the World of Warcraft Team provided on the Battle.net app states the following:

“[W]e . . . want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days.”

The obvious changes seem adding more coverage in clothing for item sets that reveal too much of a character’s body parts. Quest text may change. NPC dialogue may change. But will the rooms in Karazhan and Black Temple featuring all the mistresses change as well? Will the Arathi Basin map artwork change?

1 Like

they can change whatever they want in retail, TBC should not be touched in the name of their current IRL atrocities.

16 Likes

Unsurprising they’re taking the thoughtless PR approach to “Change their image” despite all of the alleged abuses happening in their office environment, and has nothing to do with in game models or dialogue.

I foresee Blizzard doing what they do best, shooting themselves in the foot. Nobody will appreciate TBC content being changed/gutted because “look guys we’re not sexist!”

53 Likes

Yep the CYA/virtue signaling will come in quick

8 Likes

Can’t hide what you are. Instead of changing crap like this get a new team of non idiots and proper managers/leadership. See where it takes both products.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder if they are going to make changes in game, maybe they should start with how toxic general/trade chat can be.

3 Likes

Hahaha I’m still on vacation. Is this real?

6 Likes

I did not see any reference in the complaint about any in-game features, so I agree with you Neko.

[Edited to remove link to the complaint and information therein.]

this isnt the place for your sexism crusade bub

9 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re rambling about, did you read my reply or what OP posted?

7 Likes

Who is paying for it? The stock is down 6$ in the last 24hrs.

I should be safe to show as much as I want without get sexual harassed. Dont force me to hide my body for “dont cater predators”, instead educate people to respect others.

10 Likes

The money they’ll make when this project is finished will increase their income tenfold!

Seems ridiculous to me that they can make a franchise that is based on the premise of two sides being in a never ending murderous war solely because they are of different “races” somehow appreciate today’s sensibilities.

The game is literally based on racism. Your friends and enemies ingame are literally determined by race.

Blizzard’s workplace is real life but Classic and TBC are make believe. The former needs to be changed not the latter.

11 Likes

Isn’t this censorship?

5 Likes

Yeah the solution they decided to go with is so incredibly tone deaf and beside the point.

The lawsuit was about what happened between employees in the office, not your customers in the game. Like holy cow.

5 Likes

Well I gotta say, this might be the weirdest post I have seen on the forums

4 Likes

So, genocide and the Path of Glory, they fall somewhere behind fashion?

KISS MY WAGGLE!

Blizzard as a private company has the right to suppress their subscriptions to unsustainable levels if they want to

2 Likes

Doubt it. Armor sexualization isn’t likely to go away fully. And even then it’s less prominent in retail WoW. Same with the splash art and things like warlock succubi. Especially as a sizable portion of women enjoy a reasonable level of “sexy” in design. They’ve already toned down the especially gratuitous stuff.

Nah, I’d imagine the pending changes are targeted at the big names. All Afrasiabi’s cameo NPCs are going to be renamed, for sure. Stuff like that.

1 Like