More advanced harvesting to render bots useless

I like the idea in concept of multi tap and can see why it sounds appealing, but it definitely encourages certain behavior such as multiboxing and to a lesser extent botting which is now why they started to dial MB restrictions.

Single tap had issues though, but it also makes sense to exist. There’s no real argument against why it shouldn’t other than the inconvenience of fighting over nodes and who is fighting towards it and it gets sniped. Certainly frustrating and plenty of threads back in the day about it’s not yours until it’s in your bags, etc. Some of that competition (specifically cross faftion) is good IMO.

The way skinning works now with taps is pretty glorious, though it took them a while to actually do it.

It doesn’t matter if you specifically pass

It’s not about you. It’s about the economy and will affect far more people positively than the solo-only players who don’t want a dynamic harvesting system.

No, just no…

Smashing all your teeth out with a hammer would solve ever having to brush your teeth again too…

Just don’t think it’s the right solution.

3 Likes

I’m not the only one who’s passing here. I very much doubt that your idea would “fix” the economy. It would certainly inconvenience more than a few players who have nothing to do with bots.

Still pass.

2 Likes

I mean all changes have consequences so this is a bad answer. You can’t avoid having your gameplay impacted positively or negatively due to actions of other players and Blizzard adjusting to fix it.

The OP’s idea is trash though so I think your safe anyways lol.

No
Just no

No I don’t want to effectively quadruple the time it takes me to skin a corpse.
If you want to solve the bot problem get the people on your server to stop giving those cheating thieves money, there problem solved.
As long as people keep paying gold / boost / run sellers the bots will continue.
TLDR : NO.

1 Like

And for moderately difficult puzzles you get a piece of mythic level raid gear.

No I don’t want to effectively quadruple the time it takes me to skin a corpse.

The rewards reflect the extra amount of time it takes. Not a hard concept.

Yeah. Do you remember killing something, and someone else is standing there waiting to skin it before you even have a chance to? Sometimes they would get a couple before I caught on. The I would just stand there and wait for them to walk away before looting it.

It could give 10x as much mats, would still not be worth it, I skin while killing mobs while doing other things, the idea is kill, skin, move on. Not kill, skin, play stupid captcha mini game, move on.

2 Likes

Is skinning glorious with bot trains owning all the good spots?

This is a fair statement, but in this particular case the actions of the other players have minimal, if any, effect on me. If Blizzard would make things more complicated in response to something that wasn’t a problem for me, then that would be very annoying.

To that end, I personally do not approve of this particular suggested solution. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

That’s not how math works haha.

Back in WoTLK when professions had perks my bro was gearing up a rogue twink trying to skin in Northrend and some guy wasn’t looting cause he knew he wanted them and my brother jokingly yelled “I’M A ROGUE STEALING IS WHAT I DO” before running off

My server has very very few bots, they are not an issue on my server as it’s a low pop server and we don’t feed the thieves our hard earned money. The ONLY way to stop bots is for people to stop making it a multi-million dollar profit industry.

I’m gonna say No.

Again, nice anecdote, I guess. But you can’t avoid bot farmers on high pop servers. Also, I don’t think its multimillions. The barrier for entry is too low anyone can do it, so there’s just a lot of it going on.

You know what? I like this idea. However, I would also add that the materials produced also be buffed (Instead of having one herb drop, maybe add 4 or 5 upon success?) That way those who are legit farming can have a break, and would make up for the “loss of time” spent doing the mini-game.

Yep, I think that part is in the original post. Maybe I need to edit it again. Essentially it would add up, there would also be a dynamic system, so with speed and accuracy, you can have a critical success, which will net you even more.

To be honest, I don’t farm for skins. If the character has skinning, it’s just something to do along the way. I rarely, if ever, have any conflict with other skinners these days.

1 Like