More advanced harvesting to render bots useless

Ya, you’re always gonna have low pop and lone wolf players. But in the end, it would be fine because the drops would reflect the additional time spent, even the one-off hunters will come out roughly in the same spot, and even a little ahead if they get into it and try to score critical successes (that come with speed and accuracy)

…nnnoooo? RuneScape has been 3D for over a decade

I’m looking at the harvest page, it looks like pixels and I doubt the harvesting was very complex with that engine.

Really the complexity required for something other than ‘click shining node’ is far beyond the scope of script kiddies. The people who can make an AI that can read and interpret data have no reason to get into the gold-selling game.

Gathering in RuneScape is far more complex than WoW. You need to stop trying to die in your hill lol you are simply incorrect

Yes . . . because the system hasn’t been implemented yet.

And I did searching on ‘runescape harvest bots’ and not seeing anything like you are describing. And it looks like basic color switching over an axis. Still no mention of ‘giving up’

Crazy that runescape is still more complex though, even though wow hasn’t implemented any systems yet.

I think I recall that Crowfall was going to do something similar. I haven’t tuned into their development in a while, so I’m not sure if that is still the plan. Regardless, it was to make their crafting class more engaging, with a harvest node being quite involved.

I do like your idea. I would also take a look at Crowfall to see if that panned out, and if they have harvest bots.

Just reverting legion era skill squish, and the WOD era ability to skill up off inappropriately leveled nodes/mobs would go a long way to dumpster botting.

There was a point in time, when you needed to actually work to get gathering skills to max level. You needed 500 or so skill ups, and you had to gradually work your way through each expansion worth of skill. Not something that could be automated, which meant bots required enormous initial setup. Throw in the onerous leveling process, and bots were a huge investment, that mattered when it was eventually banned.

Higher costs, mean they take longer to break even, which allows larger windows in which banning them, actually hurts them. Modern WoW has such low entry requirements, that you can be picking current content flowers in a day of effort at most.

I disagree.

There have to be technical ways of doing it. Before you say “then waht?”

I dont know, Im not a programmer for a billion dollar company, but I HIGHLY SUSPECT they can do it…

Just like I don’t know how to do heart surgery, but I KNOW it can be done.

Blizzard can fix it.

They are stop gap at most.
As soon as the kind of money selling WoW gold/runs etc. is in play the circle will continue, they stop them, the thieves try again and the get stopped again etc. etc.

Hasn’t that been the way since the beginning though? With gold spammers?

Know how Blizz (kinda) fixed it?

By becoming the gold sellers themselves with WOW tokens…

Hmm… maybe Blizz needs to implement BOTs of their own…

I tried to pick a daisy once and it handed me a crossword puzzle to solve first.

So really, this is just a means of increasing your profits, at the expense of other players, and bots are your smoke screen.

1 Like

Captcha was a failure. Bots were actually better at solving it than humans were.

If I know blizzard design, they’ll fix the problem by making a player gather the 1000 anima that week to unlock gathering until the reset.

uhh…no. I played a game that had a system like this, it didn’t last long. it was VERY ANNOYING to legit players like me who weren’t doing anything bot-related but did farming efficiently. Got disabled due to too many false-positives detection.

1 Like

Signed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Devs did this intentionally so players wouldn’t hang out in old content leveling up their professions.

Well yeah, did you not get the memo that new players were suffering and turning away from WoW because old leveling experience was terribad? I got 2 friends from FFXIV to try this game…they barely got to 20 and quit. They didn’t feel the leveling was fun, quests were walls of text and very uninteractive, ect. We NEEDED this leveling revamp to get from 1-50 quickly.

I mean…couldn’t they just make it so you get 1 herb/ore per gather below the SL breakpoint? Let’s say its 900, 1-899 you get 1 herb then 900-1000 you start getting the RNG 1-5 herbs

There could have been an option for that too

-Make character
-Click Enter World
Popup: Want to do classic style leveling (slower) or expedited leveling (faster)?
-Click classic = Original leveling style
-Click expedited = SL leveling style