Morale for people who don't Get the legendary

I do , lmao

Doesn’t sound like it. Like I said you can get a Shadowmourn in 6-8 weeks.
Unless you just do not do the content you will get it.

Yea thats fine but iv heard the leggo is not even a big dps boots, so why all the crying

It’s a 5-10% boost. People have cared about less. And like many have said, if it was truly something “legendary” then it would put the specs using it on top but they’re balanced around it so you’re just competing fairly with other classes once you got it. Play with one less piece of gear and tell me if you think it’s more fun, most people won’t find that fun.

Honestly people can get that 5% or more from optimizing their game play

1 Like

Alright, let’s use this logic then:

1. This means the complaint of “previous ways of acquiring legendaries” aren’t applicable. Because back in the days of Wrath, folks didn’t get them by the nature of folks simply not knowing much about the game.
  2. So if it takes a short amount of dedicated time, they may as well be purple items that merely overperform for their role and cost gold to buy weekly pieces of them to then assemble in 6-8 weeks. Making them not legendary items at all.
  3. The only metric in which we have had “consistent ways of aquiring legendaries” has been from Legion (luck), and Shadowlands (deterministic). If you get lucky to get a special item at the end of a raid that is only accessible for a few number of people, then that acts as a boost - not as a balancing basis.
    Essentially, Legion was designed around everyone having these mega powered effects. DF isn’t. Meaning that the necessity of having a legendary is nil.

Folks just want the best equipment as soon as possible and that’s quite literally it. For all intent and purposes, legendaries in the past if applied to modern knowledge and understanding of how to play the game, as well as how we organize raids, guilds, and more … old legendaries aren’t legendaries. So in order to encapsulate a rare legendary item now’a’days we are required to have it be RNG based which, going further back than Wrath, they were random drops. Whether as materials for it or just quite literally just a random drop.

The legendaries doesn’t matter in DF; they are just an additional fun thing that folks are taking way too seriously and are pretending that the game is built and balanced around them when that’s not the case.

Furthermore, folks get even sillier when taking into account that folks keep asking “How does it work?!” and … well, to refer to an earlier post:

This isn’t a real problem. Folks just want it to have it and ascribe a whole lot weird assumptions to the axe and last season’s “triumphant roar”.

One can debate whether it is good or not to have these items in the game, but … it ain’t this problem folks make it out to be. It is quite literally just a question of MMO-loot design, not class or game balance - at least not in terms of DF.

1 Like

Sure but what if they can’t and are capped because of the legendary.
You’re not gonna tell me that playing ret paladin for example is super complexe.

Ignorance is not an excuse.
People didn’t do much raiding.
Just compare with classic, people are getting their legendaries because the system works.

Multiple weeks is not a short amount of time.

Funnily like I said Legion luck was calculated and an addon could calculate the pity timer for your next legendary (once they removed the softcap). It worked pretty well.

Maybe from your point of view. Like I’ve said before if you think that’s fun to do 5-10% less damage just play with one less piece of gear.

People want to progress in a progression based game? shocker.
People were promised a bad luck protection system that work, not getting their legendary after 10 weeks is not a working bad luck protection system.

1 Like

It works. It still doesn’t mean that you’re entitled to it.

2 Likes

If you do the work then yes you’re entitled to the reward. There’s nothing more moronic to say you aren’t.

Just remembered something Illidan Warglaives took me 11months to get both on my rogue

1 Like

You needed 2 of them so seems about right.

You aren’t. Just like you aren’t entitled to other rare drops.

1 Like

You should be. People have been asking for bad luck protection for raid loot for ages.

It’s funny how you ended up at should be from

There are items that people farm for years and never get, you aren’t entitled to everything in the game. I know that’s a hard pill to swallow but that’s how the game works. Rare items are good.

2 Likes

There’s no hard pill to swallow from a level 10 gnome hunter on the forums.
You’re free to be wrong about what people that do the content actually want and are entitled to.

So that would be about 6 months per, so how are these people crying they dont have a leggo when the season is not over yet

1 Like

If they were entitled to it then they’d have it. They aren’t entitled to it.

Sounds like you’re wrong.

4 Likes

Because people like Zoumz think they are entitled to it, he openly admits to believing players are entitled to it.

2 Likes

Being entitled to something and being fairly rewarded are 2 different thing.
It’s not because you should be rewarded that you will be. That means that too much rng is not good if you want to reward people appropriately,

People that do content should be entitled to its rewards.
It’s pretty simple logic.

That you think “entitled” has to be negative in this case is just a proof of your terrible character.

So in other words, remove legendaries from the game and make them into purples. Gotcha’. Sorry but no, this argument of yours only works on the basis of people not participating - otherwise they are quite literally just expected pieces of gear and then this discussion is nil and void.

Because at that point the argument is “remove all legendaries from the game and make them into purples”, not “where is my gear drop”.

If you are meant to raid for a whole season (or raid tier, as this system is basically just applicable to deterministic legendaries when they were current raid content which would vary from a few months to a year), then yes - it is. If you aren’t, then having a deterministic legendary doesn’t matter to begin with.

It doesn’t do that big of a difference comparatively speaking. So whilst you are correct, what you are saying is also completely irrelevant.

Yes. Which is why folks asking “where is my ‘X’? It hasn’t dropped yet!” is quite silly, considering folks were making these threads from week 1 and 2 of the season. Which implies the overall issue folks have with it isn’t progression or information based, but rather an idea of “I want it naaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooow!” and not a whole lot else.

Which it does.

Considering it is just meant as an ‘extra’ thing, it doesn’t have to be deterministic even though it effectively is. But then again, folks haven’t taken the time to learn how it works when they say stuff like this:

So no, I sincerely doubt the sincerity of the people who have these complaints. Not saying it isn’t the case that folks have been unlucky to not see anything after 10 weeks or longer, but it becomes a whole lot more difficult to believe people’s anecdotal claims when they don’t even know how it works to begin with.