MOP Remix - Are you RPing in it?

Are you planning to have your characters in MIP Remix be RP characters? Do you have any character archetypes or plots in mind? Or are you just planning to grind?

1 Like

My IRL partner and I are considering back-RPing characters in that era, sorta fleshing them out from there. In my case I plan on RPing a Silver Covenant Ranger. Couldn’t do that, back in the day. Purge of Dalaran Time :sunglasses:

Now that they’ve confirmed that Remix characters will be eligible for heritage armour, I’m planning on having my Timerunner be a Nightborne mage.

Given all the timey-wimey-ness of it all, a mage seemed like the obvious choice for me and making a Nightborne arcanist has been a goal of mine for ages so it all works. It’ll be an adventure through time. :dracthyr_comfy_blue:

1 Like

I will be going back ICly on one character because I didn’t play that expansion live. But everything else is just to zerg to unlock heritiage armor sets.

On the one hand, I feel like mists was the glory days of my personal RP journey. I’d love to relive that.

On the other, I don’t know if I have it in me, and I don’t think it would be the same.

I loved that era of wow. I hope anyone RPing enjoys it.

5 Likes

I had some of the best RP of my life during Mists.

I don’t think I can recapture that. I’d rather just make new connections.

3 Likes

Bring back Kor’kron RP.

I kid. Though I don’t think I’ll be RPing anything serious in Remix, the character concepts and alts I make I have every intention of RPing those characters in the future.

Though not being able to leave Pandaria causes some hiccups in trying to re-live the MoP RP highlight reel because part of the charm was heading back to Org or the Barrens to deal reflect on the war efforts back home or what other in house societal conflicts were going on at the time.

Edit: Though if you seen the level of powers you can get in Remix, I won’t be able to help feeling like my favorite Dynasty warriors hero and reliving the 1 vs 1000 power fantasy.

1 Like

Nah, I don’t plan to RP.

I do plan to level an allied race for a heritage set, maybe I will play a vulpera because everyone loves vulpera and their existence totally doesn’t cause some people with anger management issues to fly into a rage.

But I also played a lot of plunderstorm as an undead and miss being a scrawny little dead guy and the child in me longs for the dead guys

Very sad Kor’kron, who really wants to help her warchief enforce the law in Orgrimmar, but is afraid of portals, so has to stay behind in Pandaria xD

1 Like

i take it back, im going to RP and im going to RP as a tushui pandaren kor kron

1 Like

Yes. I think I want do a a Goblin “Mage” who gets flung back in time and tries to conjure a block of tel’abim banana bread and summons an imp instead… OOPS!

1 Like

Probably just grinding. It seems like there is a ton of things to do, collect etc. I’m not sure I’d have time to RP through it.

1 Like

I’l probably do some one shots of my various characters pasts. Nothing to pronounce. Though present meeting another character in the past is kinda fun but timey shenanigans are confusing enough as is haha

1 Like

Even if they bring back Kor’kron RP, they won’t be able to bring back that era of profound edginess that influenced so much of the attitudes at the time. Today’s edgelords are a duller variety than some years ago.

1 Like

I’ll be making up a story about my character as I go, but idk if I’ll RP it.

The problem is too many people RP as Kor’kron IRL :grimacing:

Surely, there’s more problems than that.

It is both remarkable and sad that we are getting old enough that we can unironically say that “back in my day, our edgelords were REALLY edgy. The edgelords of today just don’t have an edge anymore”.

Has it come to this? The MoP-era RPers have become the boomers of WRA? xD

1 Like

We always were the boomers.

1 Like

Not RPing in it, but was inspired to bring our guild to Pandaria for our new, current campaign.