Monster Hunting

Ardenweald Covenant quest is bugged when you get to Ambush Voras. He just grabs you, then resets, cannot progress.

17 Likes

Same, then tried abandoning and re-killing everything but now it’s stuck on the follow the trail part.

5 Likes

same, this is ridiculous! I would like to progress but I can’t.

Figured it out, you have to leave the area where the High-mountain Tauren spawns(I hearthed), abandon quest, and reload UI, then go back to that area and accept the quest again. This time instead of walking straight up to the mob, you need to go to the little red area across from him and wait for him to come to you and pick you up.

7 Likes

You can’t let him get too deep in water. He glitches out in a swimming animation otherwise. So just go slow and avoid deep water. Don’t stealth if your class has that too.

8 Likes

Bugged here to ! Plz fix this ! thank you :wink:

I’ve dropped the quest, hearthed out, came back, completed all of it again, and he still just picks me up when im behind the bush, drops me, and resets. no credit given.

I guess I’m just done with the campaign until this is fixed. cool.

I read on Wowhead that it glitches if you are shapeshifted in any way. I was stealthed as a rogue when I went to the bush, and it glitched the same for me.

All I had to do was move away from that area a little bit, log out of the game and log back in, then when I returned to the bush, not in stealth, it worked.

18 Likes

Shapeshifting does ruin it apparently. I just went over and pulled a bunch of stuff to let it kill me, got my body back, and walked back over as a plain troll and it worked fine.

6 Likes

It is the Stealth component that seems to bug the quest. Can confirm. you must not stealth for this mission, follow the trail entirely (even when it loops) if Huln Highmountain gives you the Dialogue between collecting the pods, bushes, and killing the few different types of enemies and then the final bit of Dialogue when you reach the end of the trail and have to hide.

Key to not bugging this quest currently: NO NOT stealth!

1 Like

Thank you he was swimming after me everywhere even flew after me to oribos LOL

1 Like

That is not the key apparently. I’ve run onto the little arrow, not stealthed, and he still bugs out.

Edit: Had to hearth and fly all the way back to get it to work.

It bugged for me to when stealthed. I hearthed logged out and flew back. Went back and did the whole quest out of stealth and it worked. I think Huln Highmountain has to get stunned to trigger the flying event.

After I died and reset the hunter so he wasn’t swimming in the air, it fixed the bug. Thanks!

This worked for me as a druid I was cat and stealth bugged it, logged out logged in normal form no stealth it worked [quote=“Destinolde-destromath, post:8, topic:803363, full:true”]
I read on Wowhead that it glitches if you are shapeshifted in any way. I was stealthed as a rogue when I went to the bush, and it glitched the same for me.

All I had to do was move away from that area a little bit, log out of the game and log back in, then when I returned to the bush, not in stealth, it worked.
[/quote]

2 Likes

On the last step, after getting 100% of clues completed, do not stealth, and follow the trail to him. Walk to the bush that has the arrow on it, WITHOUT stealth and it will work.

1 Like

Seems you have to be in your base form. No stealth, no druid shapeshift. No stealth and in Cat form it didn’t work. But when I left and came back in “normal” form it worked just fine.

How ridiculous that this game is still this bugged 6 weeks post launch with no bug fixes in 2 weeks now.

2 Likes

This worked for me and didn’t need to redo the quest. Thanks!

Yeah this one is buggy! Doesn’t make it any better that if you redo the quest you have to fill the progress bar again. The trails often did nothing. Once I activated the “boss” he would just stun me for 15 seconds and freeze up. After a few relogs it finally worked. You know it works because Huln starts talking…