Monk's in PVP

Question Why the hell are the monk’s roll and flying serpent kick nerf’d when holding a flag but DH’s are not… it really gives monks a HUGE problem when grabbing a flag even as WW but when a DH grabs the flag they can still bounce around and do stupid gap closers when the monk is handicapped mode.

12 Likes

I never understood this either. If DH were restricted too it would at least make sense.

3 Likes

Short answer : because Blizz wants Monks to heal and DH is useless outside of flag carrier.

Well they could at least make it fair and take those restrictions off monks cuz holy poopz monks grabbing a flag is bad juju bad defensives and no gap closers blows

2 Likes

Actually we are the only one whose movement abilites are nerfed.

3 Likes

this & the Cd’s.

In all fairness, even if you’re going for maximum distance, you’re crossing probably a hundred yards in 2-4 seconds, which is practically an unparalleled burst of mobility assuming you’re playing windwalker.

then what is your explanation for DH’s?

Well, considering how DH has two Fel Rushes, that’s certainly powerful when carrying flags. Fel Rush and Chi Torpedo/Roll both have the same effect (Movement regardless of being slowed/dazed or not, it’s a distance you move.) But then there’s also Chi Torpedo’s additional movement speed (Can’t exactly say how it compares to DH’s mastery or their backflip), then if you’re a windwalker, Flying Serpent Kick lasts 1.5 seconds at 400% movement speed that can’t be slowed, or dazed where as DH’s glide ability is affected by Daze/slows. Monk also has Ring of Peace, which can be savage at chokepoints, and leg sweep (dh’s AoE stun).

Honestly, DH was either an oversight or monk’s mobility is intended to be nerfed (which I think the latter is possible considering Monk’s toolkit and whatnot.)

1 Like

toolkit regardless instead of nerfing the fuuu out of our gap closers why not just shorten the distance instead… plus a well place ring can’t stop a DH who instead can double jump glide/fel rush over it.

2 Likes

That’s a fair thing to say. Nerfing gap closers isn’t ideal, and this could really devolve into a “submit a suggestion” report, but I’d simply ask this.

Would you rather all mobility nerfed when carrying a flag, or would you rather all mobility being un-nerfed?

Vengeance DH ruined Legion BGs

4 Likes

The flag should be a global nerf to all mobility in my opinion. I’m a big fan of tank specs in capture the flag maps and this is one way they can ensure that tank utility is more valuable across all specs and not limited to trample and demonic leap.

3 Likes

That’s something I can respect, a global 100% nerf to mobility (aside from standard movement.) But I wanna ask this, how would you balance tank utility? We’ve all seen homogenization absolutely fail. We’ve all seen unique utility arise and honestly crop up to be an issue (BDK’s in MDI’s/M+'s/Mythic Aggramar in ATBT.)

Personally, I’d make mass grip usable on targets not in front of the BDK so they could mass-grip them together into D&D (Somewhat AoE-slow), Warrior’s Thunderclap adding a slow, Prot pally could have their consc have a chance to paralyze (fear of the light or something?), Guardian’s got vortex and Typhoon.

The problem is you can’t be nerfing monk mobility since blizzard says wws defensive is its mobility, so unless some real buffs in other areas like sparring coming back, I don’t see that working out so well

1 Like

They are not? I just did a BG and was able to /Roll all the way to base with it. Are you talking about after flag stack debuff?

Picking up cart in deepwind and orb in kot will nerf your mobility instantly. And even the flag debuff is too much imo

But it does the same thing to DH’s

Well step 1 is making everything work. I can’t really argue that anything is homogenized and not working when entire kits don’t work to begin with.

To be fair though, I don’t think Tank Utility needs to be balanced, or should be. You can’t tune anything vs the meta because that only leads to more problems.

There will always be a time when Stagger (Hypothetically, assuming it works), Critical Block (Legion melee RBG meta) will be more valuable than Soul Barrier, AMS/AMZ, Spell Block (Current Meta) or vice versa. There is no way to balance Guardian of the Ancient Queen or Shield of Virtue, because the value is already variable, against something like Shouts or Nimble Brew for your team.

It didn’t take much for Warlocks and Rogues to be replaced by Mages and BM Hunters for base sitting. It didn’t take much to drop your Unholy, which was incredible strong in team fights, in order to infinitely hold Blacksmith as Blood on AB.

It’s not something I’ve given a ton of thought too over the last 2 expansions because all we’ve seen are Trample/Demonic Leap dominate over everything and receive no changes up until the very minor flag carrier debuff which did more to hurt everyone else than Vdh.

Since when does picking up cart in deepwind nerf dhs?