Molten Core in the 1st Week, UPDATE

Nelson Mandela: “It always seems impossible until it's done.”

www divergencewow com

The most hardcore guild in WoW is looking for a few good no-life nerds to join us on a historic adventure.

Go to that site to see what raid positions we still need, on the front page!

UPDATE: 11/14
We have filled all of our raid positions. Our guild is still *over recruiting* due to people dropping off, or not making the cutoff in time.

If you really want to test the limits of endurance, and push yourself to be part of WoW history, I invite you to join us.

Our guild will be hosting a free-roll Molten Core run before the first server reset.

What does this mean?

Assuming the server goes live on a Tuesday - we have 7 days access to Molten Core.

So, on the 7th night, we will attempt to enter Molten Core. We will get as far as we can, and farm trash if we hit a roadblock.

If the server goes live later in the week, a Friday for example, then we will have 10 or so days to try to progress in Molten Core in the first FULL week of available raiding.

Requirements:
Discord
Level 55+ Healer
Level 58+ DPS or tank
Attuned
Horde
Basic consumables (obviously you won’t be expected to have everything you would months into the server, but potions, stat buff food, bandages)
Basic gear (hit rating being the most important for DPS)

Apply on the website to reserve a spot.

www divergencewow com

Note: This challenge is NOT for everyone. 18 hours a day on WoW, for a week straight. This is not healthy, nor is it easy. Proceed with caution, and remember your health is top priority.
11 Likes
i can only predict that your biggest problems will be

A) warrior tank who hit lvl 60 by day 7
B) said warrior tank having blue +def gear AT ALL

i highly doubt you will down ANY bosses at all due to massive mana issues for healers as well as tanks eating random oneshot crits but good luck
8 Likes
You're gonna get 40 attuned and geared players on day 6 ?

Much luck to you.
13 Likes
10/14/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Brockthorn
You're gonna get 40 attuned and geared players on day 6 ?

Much luck to you.

You don't need 40 people to do Molten Core.

As the other poster pointed out, the main difficulty of this challenge is getting a tank, or tanks properly prepared.

It's ambitious. But it's doable.

I predict we can kill 3 bosses if we have 40 people who meet the requirements I posted, and one 'passable' prot warrior.
1 Like
It all comes down to how many speed levelers are on your particular server.

Even a moderately hardcore player can take 6-10 days played to hit 60. And most people have to sleep at some point.
3 Likes
10/14/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Coniferous
It all comes down to how many speed levelers are on your particular server.

Even a moderately hardcore player can take 6-10 days played to hit 60. And most people have to sleep at some point.

Server pop vs respawn rate too. Dynamic respawns (non-blizzlikej on a 10k pop server isn't as scary as a non-dynamic (blizzlike) on a standard pop server, when it comes to grinding.
Now all we need to know is what server. Lol
Oh and what guild is this again?
Is this a pvp server project or a pve?

Surprised one of the streamers hasn't announced something like this.
At the very least make sure someone records this and posts it somewhere.

I'm somewhat interested in this. Lol.
10/14/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Padrepwn
Now all we need to know is what server. Lol
Oh and what guild is this again?
Is this a pvp server project or a pve?

Surprised one of the streamers hasn't announced something like this.
At the very least make sure someone records this and posts it somewhere.

I'm somewhat interested in this. Lol.

We will be streaming.

It will be a PvP server.

We don't know which one yet, obviously :P

1 Like
How does a guild that has yet to be formed in a game that hasn't been released "sponsor" something like this. What do you mean by "sponsored"?
(Credit taken?)

It sounds like a large PUG that you will take credit for, no?

Looted items distributed fairly or via your "loot council"?
3 Likes
Lol.. fully leveled and geared on day 6 ?

You are dreaming, i doubt most wont even be halfway there by day 6, let alone geared.

Someone obviously never played classic or got used to the QoL geatures such as bonus xp, heirlooms...

Oh and one more thing... GOLD!

How are you going to save the gold required? It takes ages to get 100g, not to mention enchants, gems, leveling those professions.

Leveling weapon skills, buying attack/spell upgrades.

Yeah, you guys are dreaming
9 Likes
Is your guild taking time off work to try and get this? I don't think it's worth so much effort if you only think you will kill 3 bosses (6 pieces of loot). This seems more like trying to get a leg up on progression and recruitment.

Good luck.
What's the attunement requirement for MC in Classic? Is it just clearing BRD and doing the quest like now, or was there more of a grind to it?

10/14/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Jatrazzak
Server pop vs respawn rate too. Dynamic respawns (non-blizzlikej on a 10k pop server isn't as scary as a non-dynamic (blizzlike) on a standard pop server, when it comes to grinding.

Isn't a dynamic respawn timer something that didn't exist in Vanilla, and if they try to implement it for Classic won't people throw a (justified) snit-fit?
1 Like
10/14/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Thermiss
How does a guild that has yet to be formed in a game that hasn't been released "sponsor" something like this. What do you mean by "sponsored"?
(Credit taken?)

We've played together for almost a decade.

As the post says, everything that drops will be need/greed rolled.

10/14/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Pentanse
Is your guild taking time off work to try and get this?

We didn't choose the poop-sock life. The poop-sock life chose us.

You are dreaming, i doubt most wont even be halfway there by day 6, let alone geared.

Thankfully, this invitation isn't for "most of us". It's for the select few of us who see a challenge like this, and wonder "Can that be done?".
2 Likes
Have you ever actually been to molten core?
3 Likes
10/14/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Thermiss
(Credit taken?)

We've played together for almost a decade.

As the post says, everything that drops will be need/greed rolled.

10/14/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Pentanse
Is your guild taking time off work to try and get this?

We didn't choose the poop-sock life. The poop-sock life chose us.

Lol.. fully leveled and geared on day 6 ?

Thankfully, this invitation isn't for "most of us". It's for the select few of us who see a challenge like this, and wonder "Can that be done?".

The answer is no, it cant be done.

No mounts, running everywhere, few flight paths, classic leveling system.

It will take at least a month to get to level 60, longer to save the gold for the enchants and gems, farming fire resist gear, saving for potions, elixers...

I doubt you ever played a second in classic if you think all of that can be accomplished in 6 days
5 Likes
10/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Bandulu
We didn't choose the poop-sock life. The poop-sock life chose us

WTF?
3 Likes
Isn't a dynamic respawn timer something that didn't exist in Vanilla, and if they try to implement it for Classic won't people throw a (justified) snit-fit?

Correct, but Pservers are also mega pop servers which isn't blizzlike, and to combat this problem they also use dynamic respawns.

I personally prefer smaller servers with no dynamic spawns or cross realm bgs.

I'm not opposed to mega servers, but if you do mega servers I see no point in NOT having dynamic spawns, or arguing against cross realm BGs.

Lots of people prefer the bottom without cross realm BGs, but that's also #changes
1 Like
This is possible....

Need a week off before launch and maybe play 16-18 hours a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvW3y5UgPLU

My server first kill of Plane of Sky's "Eye of Veeshan", with another guild.

We beat classic Everquest in 9 days.

Classic Everquest was much, much more grindy and challenging to level than Classic WoW.

The attunement to get to the eye of veeshan? Disgustingly time consuming.

Don't tell me this can't be done. I don't hear it.
1 Like
10/14/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Bandulu
We didn't choose the poop-sock life. The poop-sock life chose us

WTF?

10/14/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Wrathofenvy
It will take at least a month to get to level 60, longer to save the gold for the enchants and gems, farming fire resist gear, saving for potions, elixers...

It doesn't take a month, let alone "at least" a month. I'll agree that this is likely a futile effort.