Molten Core in the 1st Week, UPDATE

Fastest speed run in vanilla was 4 days, x hours.
It "could" be done but it's a long shot.
10/14/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Bandulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvW3y5UgPLU

Unrelated but wow Everquest looks like garbage. For a moment I thought it was runescape.
1 Like

Unrelated but wow Everquest looks like garbage. For a moment I thought it was runescape.

Don't talk about our grand-dad like that! Without that awful looking game, we wouldn't have a Classic WoW.
1 Like
10/14/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Bandulu

Don't talk about our grand-dad like that! Without that awful looking game, we wouldn't have a Classic WoW.

UO is superior to Everquest....
1 Like
10/14/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Bandulu

I loved UO.

UO, EQ, and WoW are the trinity of MMO's. Honorable mention to Dark Age of Camelot.
1 Like

I loved UO.

UO, EQ, and WoW are the trinity of MMO's. Honorable mention to Dark Age of Camelot.
Asheron's Call > all
1 Like
Here's the problem (although I like your idea):

Nobody is going to be lvl 60 the first 7 days, let alone geared enough to raid MC.

Might want to advert this for a month or two (minimum) after servers go live.
This is the most “Ahead of the curve,” event I have ever seen
4 Likes
We've played together for almost a decade.

Why then do you feel the need to go hard and heavy on the recruitment this far out?
1 Like
10/14/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Gnarlybolt
This is the most “Ahead of the curve,” event I have ever seen

Oh yeah? Well I already have my first raid scheduled for New World, and I don’t even know if there will be raids or when the game will release.
10/14/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Darkynhalvos

Nobody is going to be lvl 60 the first 7 days, let alone geared enough to raid MC.

You don't have to be level 60 to enter Molten Core.

If you get attuned to Molten Core, you obviously will pick up some dungeon loot.

This event isn't for everyone.
This thread sure escalated quickly.
Hope you can afford the repair's that invariably will come. Not much coin to be had in 7 days :D
So even if you get enough people to a high enough level to actually attune for the raid and (I agree that it can be done with less than 40, but real talk... probably can't be done with 30-35 level 55s with !@#$ gear). On top of that you need to be getting Aqual Quintessence to even do all the bosses! So good luck with all that.
10/14/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Bandulu
10/14/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Brockthorn
You're gonna get 40 attuned and geared players on day 6 ?

Much luck to you.

You don't need 40 people to do Molten Core.

As the other poster pointed out, the main difficulty of this challenge is getting a tank, or tanks properly prepared.

It's ambitious. But it's doable.

I predict we can kill 3 bosses if we have 40 people who meet the requirements I posted, and one 'passable' prot warrior.

Now we have gone so far as saying you can do MC with 20 undergeared fresh 60s. Someday these people will wake up and realize their private servers were trash, probably on the spirit runs the MC trash has provided for them.
1 Like
10/14/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Bandulu
10/14/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Darkynhalvos

You don't have to be level 60 to enter Molten Core.

If you get attuned to Molten Core, you obviously will pick up some dungeon loot.

This event isn't for everyone.

Please let us know how it went. Please record it so we can all get a good laugh.
2 Likes
OP, as someone who has killed Rag first week and second week on private servers over the years, I love the ambition.

BUT something private server players are overlooking is that MOST private servers (nost core, China's Hope, etc) give TBC xp from quests 40-60. I can easily hit 60 four days and some changed played on private servers (some of my boys do it 3 days 20ish hours on druid/hunter/lock) but this is not how it will be on retail classic.

It will take the BEST levelers around 4.5-5 days played on classes that have mobility post 20 - So essentially druids with the talent and hunters with cheetah (Shamans maybe, but they are too gear dependent to keep up with hunter and druid). Otherwise, you're looking at 5-6 days for those with NO mobility until 40. Factor in an average of 5 hours of sleep a night, it's probably not going to be possible.

If you're doubting this, compare XP values in past videos. I suggest Joana's speed runs VS random private server videos. Blizzard's version of the game will be right as they said it's the same code as before.

All and all, Private server levelers are in for a rude awakening post 40, including myself.
4 Likes
I've been thinking about Classic today and why I can't wait for it, and while this is my opinion, I don't think I'm alone.

What Classic represents to me is a break from the race-to-endgame in live. If you wanted to (and I think I want to, but I could be mistaken), you could spend 6 months leveling a toon and exploring and doing professions and such, and when you hit 60 you could spend the next 6 months leveling an alt, and that could be a valid approach to consuming a solid chunk of the "content" of Vanilla, even if you never step foot inside a raid.

This idea that one should be racing to get into MC within a week of launch, just to see if it could be done, is anathema to the more-casual approach I'm thinking of.

To each their own, I guess. Just wanted to say why this idea rubs me the wrong way. Best of luck to you, of course -- I won't be signing up for this effort, but I hope you get what you're looking for by taking up the challenge of doing what most will tell you can't be done! (I'm sure them telling you that it can't be done will be as much fuel as you need to try it anyway...)
3 Likes
Very ambitious. Good luck OP!

EDIT: Pie in the sky goals like this is one of the things that will make classic great IMO. User created content (guild events/world PVP) is what is missing from retail.
1 Like
It’s not gonna be easy with randoms, especially on the first week when leveling is a pain in the butt due to crowds.
When we know release date, hardcore guilds will start forming in advance, people will be booking vacations and first MC runs will be happening with dedicated players.