Mods, PLEASE put the word MODERN in front of General Discussion

If that’s true. Then why do the mods (when they decide to do thier jobs) MOVE classic threads to the classic forum? Checkmate. Glad you admitted you’re wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate seeing evidence of the success of something I wish would go away, too.

some get moved, some don’t.

GD is a catch-all.

lots of transmog threads here, but they belong in the transmog forum (and don’t get moved)

lots of pvp threads here, but they belong in the pvp forum (and don’t get moved)

etc etc.

i’m not the one who is wrong here.
i’ve done the “prove me wrong” thing for you twice now, and you’re still floating down that egyptian river.

3 Likes

I’m not against Classic. I think it was a neat idea and I’m genuinely glad people are enjoying it. My issue is that all the Classic posts in “retail” general are making the forum useless to me. I go to read relevant posts about the game I play. Classic posts are just as irrelevant to me as posts about Final Fantasy or any other game.

It also creates confusion because unless the title says Classic or Retail you waste time wading through posts not knowing which they are about. I’m not angry, but if this doesn’t change I doubt I’ll come to the forums much anymore because I dont care to read about Classic.

Its even worse because so many seem to act like there is a war between the two, which is silly. Both exist. You can like either or both and it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

But it’s our job to make it fairer.

And once again you’re wrong. The fact is the mods hardly bother to do thier job to begin with. If they did bother you’d see the forum topics moved to thier respective forums. Classic discussion into classic. Crappy lounge threads to worlds end. Etc. Heck our blues don’t even enforce the rules and they’re PAID. I expect that kind of incompetence from a redditor mod. Not a paid one.

1 Like

Kinda sounds like something on a Dobermann’s wish list.

Its really not that serious… at all

1 Like

It doesn’t specify that these forums are for retail only, and that’s honestly something you can’t move past, sorry.

1 Like

Because scrolling down one extra post is just too exhausting? Lighten up…it’s a forum about a video game. You’re the one creating your own punishment by going into each Classic thread and commenting about how angry you get at seeing them.

I’d prefer they had two clearly defined forums too, but I’d rather put my energy into something productive…like dissecting someone’s spelling or run-on sentences lol.

1 Like

I’m not against either version of the game, although I spend a lot more time on retail. My only issue with this thread is that players don’t care about the spam threads that are posted in GD that belong in the Lore section, the Off-Topic section, the Guide section, and the Gameplay section.

if we’re going to get mad about something that doesn’t belong somewhere then lets also get mad about all the other stuff that doesn’t belong there.

They aren’t raging about that stuff because it doesn’t fit their rage narrative.

1 Like

lol… Classic is taking over, little one.

If you’d rather they had two defined forums (they do) Classic has its own forums. Then whats wrong with asking to enforce it? I can’t see anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

Because players aren’t interested in them enforcing anything else, only the Classic threads.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because the classic threads are getting a bit flamey, toxic, and in general spammy if nothing else.

1 Like

So you mean half of the threads in GD, right? lol

There are certain threads.

Marry/divorce. Off topic but harmless.

Sunday posts, a bit of trolling but generally harmless.

Rastlin threads. Annoying but harmless. Mortis threads, also harmless.

Then comes the classic threads. RETAIL IS DEAD, How do you feel retail scrubs? Wall of No! god, the bashing goes on and on and eventually you just say No more. So you should be able to decipher on your own that this is an issue solved by classic players keeping it in Classic.

The other Off topic posts arent trying to incite animosity generally. These ones are cus they know it’s a quick trigger.

1 Like

Doesn’t belong in GD.

Anyways…

I’m just a simple man who doesn’t have selective anger. When something is right it’s right and when it’s wrong it’s wrong. I don’t use only a small fraction of something when it fits my narrative. I think this may be a rare trait with people anymore though.

1 Like

Hey if they wanna get rid of the rest too, fine. Your attempt to make a point is failing though. I’m more than happy to see them go as well. Things aren’t an issue until it becomes an issue. And people using vitriol and venomous remarks to shout down people who enjoy retail is causing problems. And it doesn’t end in these forums, its traveled to reddit. The people have spoken. We want them gone.

1 Like

People do protest them and try to redirect them, when it gets a little all-pervasive here.

When GD is getting all cluttered up with a lot of spam topics that should really be in off-topic, threads get reported and moved and other threads are made complaining about too much spam.

Sorry if that doesn’t quite fit your narrative about pure Classic rage and only Classic rage, but that isn’t accurate at all.

2 Likes