Mods, PLEASE put the word MODERN in front of General Discussion

You are clearly delusional.

I and many others who are playing Classic have been paying money to Blizzard for their games since as early 1994-2004. (WC1,2+expansion, WC3+Expansion, and then Vanilla) Seems kind of silly that people say, ‘Retail/BfA’ as if that has been the biggest moneymaker for Blizzard or something. You would think it was when they had the biggest number of subs consecutively… OH that’s right, that’s before BfA’s time. At least as far as we know.

I can’t even. :laughing:

Yes, I’m the dumb one. Sure is tough having discussions with super smart people like you!

1 Like

Uh huh. Sure glad you have the numbers for that.

You’re not forced to deal with any such thing. You are right about one thing though, BfA has problems. :grinning:

Suppose that I did have the numbers. Would it truly matter? You would not believe them, so the point is moot. Blizzard has them however, as well as the entire roster of emails that were signed up for Nostralius. If you don’t think they claimed that data when the site went down, your mistaken.

Blizzard knows a great deal more than most people give them credit for. :laughing:

The burden of proof lies with you. I’m not going to say that you’d have to provide numbers to be correct, but you’re hardly going to sway many people by claiming something like that without backing it up.

Let us suppose I WILL believe you if you have the numbers.

True, I never even thought of this.

2 Likes

True. Burden of Proof would lay with me. IF I was Blizzard Entertainment. But since I am not, and since I don’t have access to the numbers, as I do not work for Blizzard; the next best proof I can offer comes from circumstantial evidence.

It is a known fact that many players who were on private servers, were clamoring for actual Classic Servers for many years. Nostralius actually threatened to release their code if Blizzard did not bend to their demands if what I read was factual.

Thus it’s not a stretch or implausible thing to assume that many of the people who returned from Classic, came from the Private Servers, and if they were on the Private Servers then regardless of intent or desire; they were engaged in IP theft and piracy since it was not sanctioned by Blizzard Entertainment.

Contrasting that you have people who followed the rules, and simply continued to play the game Blizzard offered and while those players may have issues with the quality of the product offered, at the least they continued to act in good faith.

Thus I think it does make for strong circumstantial evidence, which is all either of us can deal in until such a time Blizzard decides to release the numbers themselves. When I couple that with inane responses and attacks on Retail coming time and time again, it makes for a strong enough argument that it seems a majority of people agree with.

That is ultimately all that matters, so in that sense ‘the jury’ as it were seems to side with me.

1 Like

More like retail rocks :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Classic is new and General Discussion gets the most traffic so most people post here. Just like how people use Trade Chat for literally everything in-game. It’s natural that people talk about the new exciting thing in a place that it will get seen.

It’ll calm down within a few weeks.

Or, and here me out here, they can fix retail so people give a sh*t about ‘modern’ WoW.

WoW ‘classic’ may have a limited window of fun, without any progression forward. But it’s a solid reminder that ‘fun’ should be the ultimate goal - not half baked ideas and sticking to your guns no matter how leaky the boat gets.

2 Likes

Blizzard Entertainment isn’t making the argument you are making, so no, it does lie with you.

Which I am sure you are aware, isn’t proof at all.

Appeal to Common Belief fallacy.

Anecdotal billy-wiggins. IE, nonsense.

You then proceed after using logical fallacies to base your conclusion, and therefore your argument, on but this falls under Inductive Fallacies.

Biased sample. Also, again, you have no way of knowing this.

“Well, you don’t have the numbers either so I WIN!” Nah.

kek

2 Likes

Bfa speaks for itself, not much to talk waiting for the final patch.

1 Like

Classic General Discussion is getting more traffic at the moment, even with the amount of Classic threads being posted over here.

1 Like

Ah. Historically, then.

1 Like

:cookie:

/tenchars

1 Like

In another thread, this person straight faced accused anyone suggesting retail adopt popular classic features to be a control freak and a sociopath down to the sexual deviancy normally reserved for serial killers.

Your logical argument falls on deaf ears.

2 Likes

but it is ok to wade through all the divorce the player above you and what if you woke and you were your character posts ect…

4 Likes

Well, we seem to have made it very clear that we do not want ANYTHING from classic WoW put into retail! We want retail to go forward with new and exciting features, not go back to 2004 and have stuff we have already played before put back into retail.

We do not want sloooooower leveling.
We do not want talent trees that give you 0.05% of something just for dinging.

We want that ancient content over with as fast as we can humanly get through it! I paid for vanilla 15 years ago, played through it no less than 5 times with alts when it was just vanilla.

I want to play the newest expansion i paid for in the easiest way possible, not wade through garbage just to get a new alt to that expansion, especially if its a new race or something like that. I also do not want vanillas pacing for the next 10 levels of a “NEW” expansion brought back.

Those are the TWO things i keep hearing from classic players as to what they want added to the version of the game i am playing, and i say plain ole NO!

I think the general idea is more centered on getting Retail to FEEL better in the way Classic does. The feeling of accomplishment, of time well spent, of power progression. These are things that could possibly be brought back to Retail if implemented well, and wouldn’t lead to what you fear coming to pass.

Such as:

Surely no reasonable person would demand that you basically play Classic in order to experience Retail WoW. Indeed, that is something to be avoided! I too hated leveling this character to the point I actually used a boost from the expansion to level him.

But that’s the thing, I don’t want that to be the case anymore. I don’t want to hate the leveling to the point I’d feel tempted to use a boost on a character. A better leveling system, a better class design philosophy, these are things that can be learned by studying Classic. imo

No one should expect you to. Especially when it comes to alts or multiple alts. It shouldn’t be such a pain to level an alt. There we agree. (especially on Retail!)

You’re dead wrong. Does it invole ANY aspect to classic discussion? Y/N. If yes it belongs in CLASSIC (hence the name) discussion.

you’re dead wrong.
i suggest you go read the second sentence of the sticky in this section.

sure it’s annoying having to sift through posts you’re not interested in, but it doesn’t mean you get to create a new rule-set just because you don’t like the existing one.

3 Likes