Mods, PLEASE put the word MODERN in front of General Discussion

Plus they mostly come here just to troll anyways.

1 Like

The forum is totally separate from the game tyvm.

Yes, if you read, you would see that i mention that in my post.

1 Like

Thank you big time i never have to see anymore Classic trolling trends in here again now :).

1 Like

Classic goes towards Retail

It’s kinda the opposite of what you’re going for

I kinda got tired of seeing ‘Classic’ everywhere for a while too.
I went and added that word to my browser blocker and wowhead looked like this.

It wasn’t quite as effective on the forums, but when it did work, General Discussion looked like that as well. A bunch of empty slots where posts about Classic were, and the ones without that word in the title sticking out few and far between. Half of the remaining posts were still about Classic anyways.

3 Likes

ITT: Retail worshippers are salty that their game sucks and that Classic players are actually having fun.

6 Likes

aww poor baby booo hooo

Ikr. This online forum where Classic posters try their hardest to post in the wrong forums and trash another game that other people love.

2 Likes

kinda hard to believe that…
since it’s classic worshippers coming to other forum just to trash talk

9 Likes

It’s called the general forums for a reason. There is no rule against discussing classic in these forums. Get over it. You’re crying over something that doesn’t even matter. Might I suggest looking up the word general.

2 Likes

I’d prefer the word “Retail”, but I see where you’re going with this.

I keep seeing people use this argument, that this is General Discussion and anything WoW related goes here.

What is Classic General Discussion for then?
Why do we have a section of the forums devoted to posting about Classic, with multiple sub-categories, if not to post things about Classic in them?

5 Likes

Same thing… They are both general discussion forums. They are simply separate types for their respective games. There is no rule against talking about BFA in the Classic General Discussion forums. The same applies to the current General Discussion forums. There is absolutely no use in complaining about it since no rules are being broken.

It is an entirely different game at this point, makes no sense to be posting strictly classic threads in this forum at all.

A whole lot of them weren’t - they were playing on illegal servers.

2 Likes

While we’re at it, it would not hurt to relabel WoW: in the Versions Tab as “WoW: Retail” and place it above Classic. Because that too is being used as a method of attack against people, as if it were Blizzard’s passive affirmation that Classic is better than Retail.

Please remember that a lot of your returning customers were until 6 months ago engaged in online piracy and stealing from you, by playing on private servers. It feels bad that we’re forced to deal with this, in addition to the problems facing BFA now.

1 Like

Classic WoW is part of WoW. The best solution is to make a separate retail forum now. General discussion is currently for both, as general discussion is about WoW in general.

2 Likes

But anyone posting about BfA in Classic GD would just as swiftly be redirected to this GD, no?

There isn’t a rule absolutely forbidding it, no. Threads do get moved around sometimes by the Moderators, but that shouldn’t be all on them.

We should already be posting in the forum most relevant to the topic at hand, for the best conversation you can have about it, or getting the best solution to a problem you might be having.

6 Likes

its the fan boys. They get an instant guild kick from Evicted guild if you even bring up Classic. That’s almost 2 decades ago that it launched and was relevant.

Same reason we have a section devoted to off-topic, a section devoted to lore and rp, and a section devoted to gameplay and I see nearly all those topics being spammed in general discussion.

Why aren’t players mad about those?

2 Likes

I believe everyone is advocating for bringing the best, most popular parts of classic to retail. Posting suggestions like that in the classic forums wouldn’t get feedback from primarily retail-players, hence they are in this part of the world.

1 Like