Mobs not dropping loot

I’m trying to grind enough gold so that I’ll be able to get my mount and training at 40 but mobs aren’t dropping loot. It started out 2/3 mobs wouldn’t drop loot but after I just killed 6 panthers in a row with now loot I was irritated enough to come to the forums. I get the loot icon, it does the animation, but no loot goes to my bags and the mob reacts as looted. And I’m not talking about quest items or low drop items…I’m referring to ALL items. The mobs are dropping nothing at all, not even trash.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/support-and-bug-report

I would start by resetting your User Interface, Kelnurok.

If the issue persists with a default UI, definitely report it as a bug, as Nok suggested.

1 Like

it’s unlikely a UI reset will change anything.

in classic, not all mobs will drop things.

it’s already been well established that this is not a bug.

(if anything, the bug is that the mobs with no loot “sparkle”)

Not all will, but if you are getting loot consistently from mob “A” and it suddenly stops dropping anything, that’s a little odd.

Do you recall if you saw anything in blue stating so, Nobully? I’d like that added to the “Not a bug” post in the Classic Bug Report forum if we can get more official confirmation. All I have now is “I think that’s how that worked” from a bunch of non-official sources… :smiley:

1 Like

ended up having to go to the EU forum to find one.

Hmmm, alright. As far as I am aware Forum Ambassador isn’t a member of QA, Community or even what we’d consider a SFA so I am not going to call that official until I hear from QA. The matter is being reviewed.

Thanks for the link, Nobully.