Mobbing of LGBTQ players in game

Attention @Blizzard: I have experienced this first hand and just saw another player whose LGBTQ guild was banned. The reason – in game mobbing by haters who mass report out of malice but without any legitimate reason.

What happens is that players manipulate your reporting system as multiple players target one person and report them (mobbing). This is bullying behavior that results in, not only that one person being bullied by multiple other players, but then you suspend the player or their guild based ONLY on the aspect of there having been multiple reports registered.

When the victim of mobbing appeals to you, you uphold the mobbers/bullies and tell the victim it isn’t up for review again – essentially you reward the bad behavior and re-victimize the victim.

2 Likes

I think we need more information on how an entire guild was banned.

7 Likes

Suuuure. That happened.

9 Likes

do i even want to know whats going on?

1 Like

Just flag and move on.

6 Likes

idk…i just doesnt seem to be violating any rules. maybe im tired.

But why does your sexuality come up with random people in game?

I support equal rights and opportunities for everyone, but I don’t feel that being a part of any group is also a free pass to act inappropriately. I’m not saying that you aren’t being honest here or that anything inappropriate necessarily happened, but if overtly sexual topics come up in a public chat there’s a good chance its going to get mass reported regardless of the orientation of the conversation. Being part of any certain group should not be a shield from that.

13 Likes

Why not have the GMs and/or officers post in the Customer Support forum rather than you vague posting on here and stirring up hateful people?

6 Likes

Popkern, getcha, popkern! Got popkern here!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

3 Likes

3 Likes

lot of people being purposely obtuse and/or disingenuous in this thread.

3 Likes

I prefer to be genuinely acute.

2 Likes

i prefer to be bread.

1 Like

Delicious.

1 Like

man this thread started out strong. promising. youthful. a real go getter.

2 Likes

I wanna talk more about bread.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/xVwUrh8RxaMAAAAC/kedi-cat.gif

1 Like

sounds like a pretty bad raiding guild.

Same reason as it does irl, it shouldn’t matter what sexuality someone is but they like to make sure it’s known.

2 Likes

Oh I see this was just moved to customer support.

Tries to be on best behavior

6 Likes

For real, with people calling out same-day? Agreed.