MOB TAGGING legal or illegal?

Lets talk about MOB TAGGING this is probably the single MOST TABOO subject private server people DO NOT WANT TALKED ABOUT muahahha but BIGDADDY isnt afraid to step on their toes muahahha… BIGDADDY AIRING OUT THE DIRTY ONCE AGAIN !

For those that dont know MOB TAGGING is how people will be boosted in TBC. Back in vanilla TBC this was a bannable offence if I remember right … soooooo … has there been any word if this is now gonna be legal or still be a bannable offence ? This is how private servers boost so they absolutely DO NOT WANT THIS BANNABLE.

1 Like

Isn’t there a limit in place to much how xp you get in relation to how much damage to a mob you’ve done?

I’m pretty sure that’s a thing.

2 Likes

Thats what I thought but im not sure and I dont think any dev has addressed this whatsoever and its a HUGE issue.

2 Likes

Crazy clown will tag all alliance in rear with dagger of fear

5 Likes

Don’t you have to pass a certain damge percentage threshold to get XP for the kill?

1 Like

You are very committed, I like that.

Yeah I’m 99.9% sure this is a thing.

1 Like

Pets don’t count, which is why you can boost now on a hunter and lock.

The pet kills after the player being boosted rage the mob, the player who tagged gets full xp.

From a little googling it looks like having a higher level character kill you mob cuts your xp down to 20%.

Ya this is why we need dev clarification because this is HUGE and nobody is talking about it.

Anecdotally speaking, this didn’t work for someone I know.

(Wasn’t trying to boost, just messing around.)

I saw a streamer do that fastest to 60 using that mob tagging with pets, but since then I believe it has been patched as when I tried on my hunter for a second account even if it was only the pet hitting it, it still yielded less XP, so I don’t think this will really be an issue.

1 Like

Interesting, because there was videos on it for a hunter boosting that 1 streamer and it worked.

Maybe it doesn’t work with locks.

That dude who’s always leveling Arelaus or something. I forget his name. He had a toon boosted thru a hunter pet.

My friend just confirmed that it does not work for them.

What about hunters?

In the video the dude who was boosting was a hunter.

I was just assuming it worked for locks.

Dunno. My friend doesn’t have a hunter to try it with.

Here this guy and here’s the video.

https://youtu.be/Z-bVULidRXw

No. You simply need a 2nd online character in your party, in that specific zone, out of range, and you will receive full XP.

You tag it, others kill it, you get all that sweet sweet XP. This is how it is on the live classic client at present.

I tried it on my hunters with a second account and it did not work as of the current patch.

Yeah I never did it I just do that guy did it cuz I saw the video a while ago I guess it just doesn’t work anymore.

I tried to help some guildies get their DE alts and/or summon locks up with the out-of-party mob tagging, but it truly wasn’t worth. The xp gain was almost nothing.

This is just a strange phrase that doesn’t have much place in the blizz client. Afaik it only worked here in classic with hunter pets, and was patched out thankfully.