MMR complaints valid and invalid

You’re going to see a lot of consistently R1 players complaining about mmr and a bunch of valid reasons

• being at the mmr cap right now means you only stand to lose if you play which incentivizes quitting

valid

if this is not what you’re experiencing but you’re citing ‘pro’ players complaints about the current issues to validate your own complaints you’re not only wrong but you’re a complete moron

you don’t need or deserve to be spoon fed fake mmr to carry you to your seasonal goals in the first 10% of the seasons duration this goes triple for people that are already inconsistently earning rewards they feel entitled to

to clarify, i do NOT think the MMR cap is the right solution to the issues we’ve seen from SLS1 → current day
i personally think ALL artificial inflation should be completely removed
having the idea in the back of your head that the season is going to be getting continuously significantly easier to climb in the longer you wait to play only incentivizes people to quit till the end of the season which directly conflicts with instant rewards incentivizing people to actively play before the end of the season

(i’m aware that natural inflation does this to a much lesser extent)

you should feel pressure to play from the time the season starts to make steady progress to hit your goals
thinking “ah well 2400 will be 34,235 on ladder in the last month so i’ll just hammer then” is actually so bad for the game

21 Likes

ELITIST GATEKEEPER MENTALLITY THIS IS WHY WOW IS DEAD HURRRRRR

11 Likes

if only we could agree about the best way to externally force people who hate the game to play it for rewards their ego demands they wear

7 Likes

i dont really care if my friends who don’t pvp as much just wants to do some pvp, get some rewards, and feel good about it, gets what they want.

i personally dont even use the rewards except the legend pennant, and the legend title because those are pretty cool to wear. but i really dont care who has it or who doesn’t.

2 Likes

Problem is crowd mentality though. People, by in large, take the path of least resistance which in this case is waiting for MMR to inflate.

Human nature ultimately ends up penalizing people who make the effort to play and push early/mid season

2 Likes

i dont think you understand any of the phrases you just used lol. ret brain.

i don’t really care who wins the superbowl idk why they don’t just let the teams that haven’t won score double or triple points the longer they go without winning

9 Likes

Putting a cap at the top means none of us can get where we usually climb to. It’s like a literal train wreck where the first car hits a wall and causes everything else behind it to stop too.

Give me one good reason to queue before this cap is raised or removed.

4 Likes

yeah maybe. but nfl players are paid money to play. wow players aren’t.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you don’t have the educational, intellectual, or vocabulary capacity to understand my post. I’ll pray for you.

7 Likes

which is why the entire structure needs to be changed

rewards should be adjusted, more should be added, the cap AND artificial inflation should be removed

we’ve normalized rewards for basically everyone with a scaling (significant) nerf to their difficulty for a long time now

and all it’s done is create a playerbase of entitled players that basically demand access to rewards they think they deserve or quit until they’re given them

like i said, there should never been any incentive to stop playing
the players at the top of the ladder literally CANNOT progress

the incentive to stop playing because 700 points below the cap you’re fighting players you deem so significantly better than you that you cannot win is not a valid disincentive and we shouldn’t normalize that mentality

9 Likes

Well if I normally hit 1800 and now I’m hard stuck at 1400, it feels pretty damn bad.

Once you hit conquest cap for the week and you’re hard stuck like that, there’s literally zero reason to queue until the top end gets out of the way.

5 Likes

you’re so far below the top end that the players you’re fighting are not insurmountable

what you’re describing is that you’re uninterested in improving, trying different comps, finding better partners and the reward isn’t worth the investment to you

you’re fitting the PERFECT description of someone used to receiving rewards that you might not necessarily deserve but still think you’re entitled to them which is exactly the issue

you’re basically saying you’re very comfortable and complacent and that should be enough because for some reason in the past that was enough a few times

that’s completely insane to me like just entirely nuts

11 Likes

I agree.

Blizzard’s logic was they don’t want people simply attaining a goal and quitting for the season, they want to make goals progressively easier to keep people addicted and queueing. It definitely worked for its intent, but it also had an adverse impact for sure.

That’s your opinion but like I said earlier, it’s like a train wreck where the front car hits a wall so everything behind it stops progressing too.

It’s not like people who normally hit 1800 are going to somehow start playing better and suddenly start beating players who are normally at 2k.

This is a cop out and a polite way of saying “git gud”. Sure man, we can all improve but what you’re saying is just unrealistic.

So if I hit 1800 5 years in a row but now I can’t break 1500, that’s somehow on me?

I get what you’re saying but it’s just unrealistic to tell people to play better and try harder than they ever have for the same rewards they’ve been getting for literal years.

It disincentives players who know they won’t be able to reach those rewards and they just stop playing.

8 Likes

Yes and you’re doing a wonderful job illustrating Remis point about the player base being over entitled.

Blizz nerfed Cr. You and I aren’t at a level where we can’t get better. That is :100: an issue of you or myself not the company failing you.

My god Venruki needs to have his YouTube banned. Never seen so many garbage ideas as this last few days.

4 Likes

that’s the point of a ladder you play more you play better you beat players

if the point was that it’s a train continuously moving regardless of what you do it would be called a pvp train instead of a pvp ladder

you aren’t climbing if you’re just moving

if you hit 1800 in the first 2 weeks of every single season and cant get 1800 right now then yea

if you meandered about to 1800 at different points of every season, later in the harder ones or earlier in the easier ones and you’re upset that you aren’t 1800 right now then still yea

this is the mentality that should be completely obliterated

players like you complaining about mmr right now aren’t even players that would even be 1800 right now in a normal season you’re just piggybacking onto the controversy and refusing to have enough introspection to recognize you aren’t the victim in this situation

6 Likes

no one here has mentioned venruki.

3 Likes

The no loss of Cr /rating was his and I’m pretty sure I read something like that from Thralls.

It popped up in a few other posts as well

no. this is a common complaint with a lot of people. venruki just has a platform.

2 Likes