MMR complaints valid and invalid

Right but the specific solution is what I’m referring to

Would be a valid point if arena had millions of active players. Doubt that’s even remotely the case though so I’d much rather see them focus on increasing participation.

6 Likes

Sorry my guy, I’m just being realistic. I’ve been playing arenas for a long time and honestly it’s about my favorite thing to do. I’m not saying anyone should be handed rewards for nothing…I’m just saying that usually I have no trouble hitting 1800 and getting the rewards.

If you want to believe that players at a lower rating than yourself have no reason to complain you’re more than welcome to that belief but I happen to disagree.

Here’s my reasoning for the whole “train” analogy:

Let’s say the “mmr wall” is at 2100 for the sake of this argument. Within this wall you have players who are normally 2700+ all the way down to probably 2400 or so and that shifting doesn’t stop there.

In the same way this effect is happening in all brackets with players being significantly lower than they normally are.

You are right about it being early in the season and I hope to see things balance out soon. It’s just that getting used to this slower grind is pretty defeating for some of us who just want to hit our “normal average” rating.

1 Like

out of curiosity does anyone upset by the mmr cap understand WHY they thought it would be worth trying?

does anyone here understand the issues with the ladder typically? (even more in seasons like SLS2 of DFS1Shuffle)

there’s not enough players playing the game to field rosters when everyone is so thoroughly spread out

WoW PvP is unique in that people are constantly chasing “similar cr” before they press the queue button
that’s a massive reason LFG is so unreliable or “inactive”

when you have a ladder that goes 0-3400 you’re going to have insane baldspots
pretend you open lfg
you’re 2250 cr
you see a group of 1650 players lf your class (you scroll past)
you see a group of 2650 players lf your class (they decline you)
you find someone that wants to play with you he’s 2050 and a not so ideal spec (you decline him)

there’s 5 other groups 2000, 2520, 2850, 2980, and 3100

not one of these teams can field a roster they’re satisfied with despite being nearly 20 players in this example all logged in and looking to play arena

in arenas prime seasons didn’t have dramatically more players, it had brackets that were way more filled out

afaik artificial inflation was added in shadowlands because BFAs participation was lower than anticipated and IMO it’s the root of the majority of glaring issues with arena today

prior to artificial inflation the average season had a reward structure that really clumped players up setting everyone up for the best chance at success making everything work
now it’s a giant bald desert

that’s just one benefit

there’s several others (on paper)

• people aren’t gonna get 3k week 8 playing something untuned just to sit for r1s (most unhdk,fury,assa,dh shuffle r1s last season)

• this lets them control activity on the ladder throughout the season by giving people something to log in and queue for every week (raising the cap)

obviously it’s not working out well but it’s there’s benefits and goals they’re trying to accomplish and we shouldn’t discourage them from trying to find the right one

6 Likes

Feeling personally attacked rn

9 Likes

probably because a new patch means new changes to classes so they want to refrain what happened last season when just having a dh meant being 2400. and also because early in the season is when the season is most active and then the middle of the season tends to die off?

When i was sub 1500 in mop and i saw people with the sick red enchant and elite mogs it never once crossed my mind “Damn it really sucks that im not allowed to have those they need to make it easier to get”. Like not even once. Instead i was excited and eager to get better so i could eventually have the same rewards.

This gen Z/millennial participation trophy mentality is quite literally insane and I never see it in any other pvp game except wow.

10 Likes

It’s because we signed the social contract

At least in league I can say some bad words and maybe not get suspended

2 Likes

You think I haven’t tried? :joy: We aren’t all capable of being top rated players and that’s fine but I am capable of hitting 1800 and getting those rewards…

Having ambitions and dreams are great but eventually you have to wake up and realize that it’s just not in the cards for you.

1 Like

Have u ever asked a high rated player to coach you?

If I start mixing substances I’m not gonna be a chemist without understanding my mistakes

Kind of a loser mentality

5 Likes

It is what it is. You’ll understand once you have a few dreams crushed by reality…

arena has been very consistent since at least mop
100-300k players RAAARELY less and almost never more

prior to artificial inflation in shadowlands there weren’t nearly the same issues and almost nobody had a victim complex about rewards they don’t deserve

people spam played to get better to get rewards
back then being 2200 was good enough that most people were fine getting the enchant and feeling good about it

now for the average player you get 2200 in the first 3 days then freak out until you finish your glad mount before the halfway mark of the season then quit cause there’s no point in playing

you’re missing the point entirely

i understand completely why you’re using the train analogy, i explained to you why it’s a stupid mentality

the people i’m playing against in most of my games in that bracket aren’t insane 2700 players, they’re 1-2x 2400 gladiators from seasons with insane inflation that are typically fotm rerolled to some spec that’s overtuned but they’re playing the comp as badly as someone on an alt they don’t know how to play would

if you’re a consistent player the last 5 years there’s no reason you cant put in the games to beat these players, they aren’t good

yeah at 2400 the first car crashed but it’s not a perfect line all the way down
the 2700 players aren’t stuck 1600 cause the 3400 players are 2400
they’re also crashing into that wall because the first car was moved off the track (they stopped playing)

you can play more and you can improve and you can beat the players that aren’t 2400 right now and you as a player don’t need to be 2400 right now

1 Like

MMR is like a drug. wow players got a whiff of it and now they can’t have enough.

wheres Kennie to tell you that there is no MMR hard cap and that your playing at the rating / mmr you belong in.

Playing at a percentile gladiator level in world of warcraft is not the same as making it to the NBA or becoming an astronaut LMFAO.

This isnt a game like cs go where you need insane reflexes and reaction time to play at a high level. All you need is knowledge and practice.

5 Likes

with how fast boomy clones are idk.

1 Like

I dont see whats so bad about a steady climb throughout the season rather than getting everything week one and then sitting afk for months in valdrakken

4 Likes

or in Swoles case a blazing boost account and moms credit card KEKEK!!

100000000000000000%

everyone complaining is just addicted to the instant gratification