MMObyte just released the top ten MMORPG's of 2019

Well, you can react however you want, but Viera is definitely not meant to be a joke race, so let’s not label it as such, even if you yourself don’t like it.

Well I’ve accepted Pandaren in the end, but I don’t see myself accepting bunny girls that easily.

Bunny girls are going to dethrone Blood Elf for most popular race. It’s going to happen.

1 Like

lol not a chance, to me blood elf, Draenei/night elf, cat girls and dragon girls fall into ‘sexy’, most Horde races and worgen fall into the ugly/intimidating category, gnomes, pandas and bunnies are all in the child-like category to me is all, I know this is just purely my opinion but I don’t know anyone that would like to be a bunny over a cat.

This is all just my opinion though.

Cat girls – most popular class would be rogue or monk. I cant imagine how annoying itd be to hear “NYAH” each time they use an opener. <_<

Unlike fun and free frolicking pandaren, Viera are kind of serious and can be quite vicious.

Well, it’s not your job to know that, so it’s fine, but it is SE’s job because they’re the ones getting the demand for bunny race even when they already have cat race. And like they admitted, it takes work to add a new race, and yet they’re doing it anyway, so that’s all you need to know that the demand is real.

I just hope the rumors are true and instead of bunny… men. We get Kimahri’s race from X

In real life, I am scared of big cats, in fact I’ve had plenty o nightmares of the bigger cats like panthers and lions and so on literally killing people at eating them. So I find cats can be incredibly scary with their claws.

I am not at all scared of bunnies and rabbits, I don’t take them seriously, all they do is dig holes and flee at the sight of you generally.

Well, see, this isn’t real life though, it’s FFXIV. And in FFXIV cat people are pretty… tame, silly, fun even and bunny people (viera) are serious and rather vicious like I said. At least the viera from XII

I’d rather have just Viera with male and female options, or if the second race turns out to be true, have both races with male and female options.

Both will be genderlocked. The name for the next race has been leaked(all is discussed in the 200+ long thread in the FFXIV GD, Gender locked races?), and from Yoshida’s manner at the EU fanfest, it is highly unlikely we are getting both genders for the new races…

I mean, Gender locked races have quite a history with FF. FFXI has them and XIV originally had them, it’s not surprising.

Though I mean, male viera do exist, at 1/10th that of female viera, so it wouldn’t make sense having a ton of them running around I guess.

One of the things Yoshida brought into A Realm Reborn was unlocking the gender restriction on Highlanders, Mi’qote and Roegadyn.

Having genderlock again after that is baffling.

1 Like

May they really wanted Viera but couldn’t figure out how to make males work /shrug.

Doesn’t bother me either way.

It’s not like they don’t put thought into this stuff, it’s not easy to make their races.

Reads this.

Sees this.

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And?? Unlike blizz they make sure all their armor sets, past and future, work for each race.

Male Miqo’te is like that as well, so that wouldn’t prevent male Viera from being playable.

He wasn’t naming the games in any specific order. His video is most played so if he named them in order he would not have listed WoW last. As negative as you might want to be about WoW’s current state, there’s no way it is less popular than those anime MMOs on the list! He said so himself too. I believe it’s still number 1 most played MMO, but if it isn’t, at worst it’s number 2. WoW is still an unbelievably popular MMO.

If you like difficult PvE content, WoW is still the way to go. Its mythic raids and high mythic+ are still the most difficult high-scale PvE content you can get in an MMO. The only thing that likely comes close would be an Ultimate in FF, but those are single boss encounters whereas a mythic raid in WoW is a whole raid of highly tuned bosses. When WoW is having a bad pass, I’m more worried about the casual and the PvPers than the raiders, personally.

1 Like

FF14 is boring. Everything is on rails, side quests are pointless to do when you’re leveling, combat is god-awful, and they force-feed you the main quest line, which means hours upon hours of badly voice acted cut scenes.