MMObyte just released the top ten MMORPG's of 2019

FF14 is the new number one game for MMORPG’s for 2019. WoW now holds the number ten slot. They even stated with WoW no king rules forever.
When you think about it its no wonder FF14 is now number one. FF14 has much of what made WoW great in the past in its game design. Flying at max level no timegating, Gear vendors, with gear tokens. Unique Classes with different styles of play. Great crafting systems, where all the different crafting skills matter. Additionally housing and so much more that WoW has yet to have.

31 Likes

Okay then.

9 Likes

Well, they are not wrong. FFXIV is a very solid game. After playing it for 2 weeks I logged back to WoW and Org looked like some kind of barn collection with dirt roads. My immediate thought was… wtf am I doing here? This is ofcourse just one little thing but I thought how damn underwhelming Org looks compared to Kugane.

19 Likes

But then in another article on Top 13 Anime MMOPGs from the same site Final Fantasy 14 comes in last while Burning Soul Worker comes in at number 1. Might give Burning Soul Worker a try.

2 Likes

To be quite honest, Path of Exile: Synthesis launches on the 8th. The next patch from Blizzard has zero attraction to me since we should of had those races at launch. Ill be playing PoE for a long while.

9 Likes

I have never once heard of MMObyte, so this list is basically nothing to me.

8 Likes

I had never even heard of “MMObyte” until this very thread.

6 Likes

who the heck is mmobyte ? it looks to be a couple of gamers …

Are you seriously making a big deal over what 2 people think ?

5 Likes

Boy you sure disturbed the Knights hornets nest. They are out in force, and knighting HARD. Even discrediting the site.

Nothing new, but I believe the list 100%.

22 Likes

Actually those two gamers are the Siskel and Ebert of the gaming industry when it comes to reviews.

2 Likes

WoW is a game afraid to grow beyond itself.

4 Likes

Were that true (which I’d wager it’s not considering none of us have heard of them), it wouldn’t matter because I don’t care what Siskel and Ebert say about movies either.

Making a QQ post about some random site’s top 10 list to basically say “BFA BAD, PLAY FF” deserves mockery.

6 Likes

Well WoW did some good growth. The issue with why its no longer king, is it did not continue with growth. The problem is over the last three xpacs it has actually gone backwards.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call a list released just before Christmas to be “just released.”

I also wouldn’t consider MMObyte anything bigger than fringe reviewers. Everyone deserves an opinion, sure, but… I don’t follow, why are you asking me to care about the opinions of these guys specifically?

EDIT: They also don’t list any downsides regarding WoW and strangely still consider it “the number 1 most played MMORP on the market.”

Then MMObyte plagiarized themselves by regurgitating the content from the list in december to make a youtube video called “top 13 most played MMORPGs.” Once again, despite putting WoW at the end, they still call it the most played MMORPG on the market.

Which means I’m even more confused as to the purpose of this list/video.

6 Likes

No, it has gone full tilt backwards in BfA. Legion was a total masterpiece compared.

I did not take the OP’s post as a QQ BFA bad post. Some people just read things into a post that just are not there, because of their blinders.

8 Likes

yup especially with gear. You now have to collect nine total pieces of armor if you want to play all your specs. 12 pieces if you play a druid. Used to be you only needed one total set of armor.

if you say so - to me they are just another two people with opinions just like everyone else.

3 Likes

There is no substance here and nobody’s reading into this. OP has made a post stating that two random dudes made a top ten list and ranked WoW at the bottom. Why should this matter?

This is just OP - whose posts largely are comprised of “WoW bad, I don’t play it anymore” - finding arbitrary reasons to rag on the game. I myself am critical of WoW in its current state, but this post is just stupid.

3 Likes

Why can’t we have proper player housing?

And don’t talk about garrisons. That’s not player housing.

2 Likes

I would rather cling on to hope that WoW will get better. I tried Final Fantasy, but I just can’t stand the aesthetic and the mountains of unvoiced dialogue from 1-50.

Also, Healing in WoW is unmatched compared to any MMO imo.