MM is complete trash now

Welcome to the wow forum. Where people that play their spec to 10% of their potential tune in to talk about balancing.

3 Likes

Show how they simmed it wrong then.

You could use a helping of this.

1 Like

If you lost more than 200-250dps in single target you quite likely messed up your sim. Youā€™re probably comparing a lock and load sim to a volley sim without even realizing.

said the lvl 30 DK? I already stated this is an alt and that Iā€™m neither elite nor hardcore. But even as a filthy casual I can see that when class viability requires not only a specific spec but also a specific covenant, thereā€™s a problem. the best way to fix the issue is to bring all specs/builds to a reasonable baseline and then balance from there. Sure, weā€™d all have liked them to instead bring the bottom up instead of the top down, but changing one parameter is a lot easier than changing all of the rest.

You can persist in your ad hominem attacks though, since you clearly have nothing of substance to say.

1 Like

because tuning the game for the 1% of the player base that plays top tier content worked out SO WELL throughout the life of this game, as well as many others. I pay the same sub you do, your opinion is no more valid than mine.

I do agree with you on that! Every opinion is valid for design of a class and how it feels to play it. But for the balancing, unless you are doing close to the maximum damage your class can do you arenā€™t heavily impacted by it.

Not saying MM hunter is Ina good spot but I feel my dps is almost the sameā€¦? Given I play pretty casually yes my furry warrior mookin and feral druid does more damage but I find MM Hunter the most relax spec to play.

1 Like

fair enough; though that stuff still has an effect even for those of us below the top. If anything, personally, Iā€™d rather they balance things towards the upper-middle (heroic raid, for example) and if things at the very top get a littleā€¦anomalous, so be it. Dumpstering a spec or class for the ā€œrank and fileā€ because at max ilvl when built a certain way they are a little too strong is bad and Iā€™ve seen it happen.

The toxic elitism of gaming communities is silly and annoying. Clearly because I havenā€™t cleared Mythic CN I have no thoughts or input on any of the classes I play on a regular basis; as if getting that achievement opens up a new set of abilities or something.

you donā€™t know how to use ad hominem. pointing out your low raider io and low boss kills on heroic is the exact opposite of ad hominem. its going after your characterā€™s accomplishment, it has nothing to do with you as a person

by all objective standards you are a mediocre to bad hunter. i have no idea how you are as an individual. but you are a bad hunter, doing low content, on the hunter forums passing judgment on meta shifts. you have no seat at the table

I just want beginning aimed shot and arcane shot nerfs reverted, or a 5% aura buff :confused:

1 Like

I sim it as I always did and lost like 450 dps with proper talents and all

MM is getting a 5% buff to aimed shot and the damage from trick shots is going from 50% to 55%

This is about a 1.5% ST buff and 2-4% AOE buff.

The second MM buff (Trick Shots) just seems totally random. Also doesnā€™t help for 2 pack cleave, which I find myself having to deal with more often than I would like.

With Aimed shot being about 20-25% of a standard rotation damage wise, the 5% will help, but Iā€™m not positive it will make a huge difference. Seems like a bare minimum effort, but, I guess it is better than I expected, which was for the WS change to be completely ignored for another few weeks/months.

The WS nerf made us lose 3% ST and 8% AOE

This 5% buff to Aimed Shot which is around 30-33% of our Damage composition works out to ~ 1.5% increase only which means we are still worse than before.

Itā€™s not enough. Even if we go back to our pre-nerfed version before 9.0.5, we were just mid of the pack.

4 Likes

Agreed. I think all 3 specs are complete trash now compared to their former versions in much earlier xpacs.

Itā€™s a good thing Bobby Knight was a top basketball player, otherwise he would never have been able to coach. Oh, wait, he was a bench-warmer during his college basketball career.

Personal playing skill and achievements donā€™t have anything to do with the ability to analyze how a class plays.

2 Likes

well at least youā€™re consistently an idiot. You donā€™t find any issue attacking my ā€œqualificationsā€ (which is absurd in itself) while hiding behind an off-class alt yourself? Youā€™ve contributed LITERALLY nothing of value to the discussion except to try to discount my opinion. And in the context of this forum/discussion, attacking accomplishments and your perception of my ā€œskillā€ instead of the arguments themselves is EXACTLY ad hominem.

2/10 go back to troll school, kiddo

I believe what they are saying is that you have not played your hunter enough in SL to have a valid opinion on how things are going for hunters. If you have only done a few heroic bosses and a few low level keys on your hunter then surely you can understand why your opinion holds no weight? Itā€™s pretty simple. But please, continue to stamp your feet and have your tantrum.