MM is complete trash now

I sim like 500-600 dps lower after these changes and in raid i literally sat myself due to the lack of dmg i was able to put out to where i was pretty much in the top 8 every fight last week I had multiple pulls this week where i was hardly beating our DH tank so sad to see this ive rerolled 3 times this xpac so far and I just keep getting railed by blizzard, first i lvled DH and havoc was trash so changed to Enh to find out that I just couldnt get inv to raids or M+ hardly ever so I said whatever i’ll just go a top tier class and now this lol so sad MM hunters single target dmg now is just complete and utter garbage. Fix the bug fine but you have to give us the 5-10% dmg lost back some how cause this class feels awful now increase AS dmg or something to make up for this…

8 Likes

Blockquote I sim like 500-600 dps lower after these changes

You 100% simmed it wrong then. Its a pretty wide confirmation that at most, its around a 200 dps loss. Calm down there tiger.

2 Likes

I am simming 600 dps less at ilvl 222, hes not wrong, its a lot, and it makes a large difference, marksman was barely holding on with single target damage, now its just f’ed

9 Likes

Blizzard: Don’t you guys have fire mages?

30 Likes

lmao. Excuse me while I play my Necrolord Violin as you’re only 400 DPS higher due to covenant instead of 1000

4 Likes

You’re straight up int’ing if you picked necrolord, it’s not good in single target nor aoe.

But you do you.

2 Likes

I knew ahead of time that it was suboptimal, but aesthetically I liked it and abom factory is the best of the four activities by far. fleshcraft is decent now and chakram is okay. its fine in ST and 2 target cleave, and awful past that for sure. plus the extra focus regen is helpful.

Regardless, seeing the one covenant that was 20% stronger than the others get taken down a peg is nice, even if its still the strongest.

4 Likes

Even after the nerfs to WS and the buffs to other Coves, WS is still better than every other Cove, even on ST. How does this escape alpha/beta testing, much more sit in the game for 5+ months? How do you let such an imbalance remain? If WoW was a new startup MMO like Wildstar, the game would’ve been dead by now. It’s like they have a 3 month ICD on putting out any relevant changes, even if it’s something as menial as a number tuning. “Oh no, we cannot do these changes unless it’s a major balance patch hehe, it’s too much work to change a 1 to a 5 in the database tehehe!”

6 Likes

Because for most of the alpha/beta WS was broken so it didn’t sim true until very late and by then blizz was dragging their feet too much on balancing, and hunters were the last on their list.

Plus it could be fair to say that they are fine with Night fae being the top performing spec for hunters and druids, ascetically speaking it is the covenant most of them would flock too anyway so at this point its something of a none issue.

It’s not nice when it dumps mm into the trash can along with the other 2 specs

3 Likes

I get that hyperbole and hot takes are the response du jour, but even non-NF MM is mid-pack and plenty playable through even heroic CN. Bringing one covenant that was far and away stronger than the others closer to the others IS nice, and is a necessary step towards being able to tune the class as a whole.
If relying on a bugged covenant ability is really all you had keeping you afloat, might I suggest a big helping of “git gud”?

4 Likes

Would you like to play your Necrolord violin at my next Ember Court?

2 Likes

Just did a 14 Mists after trying to get a slot for almost an hour (I have 14++ IO) and was in a chill group who didn’t care about meta comp. 3 DPS (Warlock, Mage, Hunter) . Was the most geared (224ilevel) but lost overall DPS to the other 2.

Just a sad state right now…

3 Likes

Tell me where you see MM being mid pack
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#dataset=95

And note that it’s 95 percentile so it’s 99% pretty much all NF. If you go with non-NF MM you’re dropping even lower. I think you’re not really aware of the current state of MM compared to other classes.

The correct balancing approach should have been a massive buff to the underperforming covenants. But tbh even a buff wouldn’t be enough as their design is terribad.

1 Like

You might wanna try actually clearing through normal before you say get gud to people just saying lol. Also relying on a bugged covenant ability to keep mm afloat has zero to do with player skill its all class design. And its not a bug if it made from beta all the way to now.

3 Likes

That poor man probably can only pug one boss before people look at detail as ask him why he does less damage than a tank. Once their find that he isn’t NF it’s /kick and back to doing Oribos laps. That’s the sad reality of the awful design of covenant systems and their meaningful choices.

1 Like

Blizz is like “we will see after a week,” comes back on Monday and sees all three hunter specs in the bottom 6…

2 Likes

I’m not saying that the fix was good or bad here, but if you’re not beating tanks it’s 100% a l2p issue. I think hunters excelling in aoe and doing less single target would be fine and before the change they excelled at both. I feel like they should get some of that back though in a buff to a core portion of their kit.

We never really excelled at St damage. We’re now low tier ST and average AOE. The niche of hunter was huge aoe burst on a 2minute CD. Our niche now is bench warmer.

4 Likes

MM hunter’s were amazing single target. They don’t have to be top damage on every log to be considered an amazing dps. MM was high on the rankings AND they dominated AOE. Again, I’m not saying the nerf was deserved. Just that the dmg reduction as a result of a bug fix should be slightly compensated for. I also have a hard time thinking about how long boomkins have been where they are.