MM is complete trash now

Not saying MM hunter is Ina good spot but I feel my dps is almost the same…? Given I play pretty casually yes my furry warrior mookin and feral druid does more damage but I find MM Hunter the most relax spec to play.

1 Like

fair enough; though that stuff still has an effect even for those of us below the top. If anything, personally, I’d rather they balance things towards the upper-middle (heroic raid, for example) and if things at the very top get a little…anomalous, so be it. Dumpstering a spec or class for the “rank and file” because at max ilvl when built a certain way they are a little too strong is bad and I’ve seen it happen.

The toxic elitism of gaming communities is silly and annoying. Clearly because I haven’t cleared Mythic CN I have no thoughts or input on any of the classes I play on a regular basis; as if getting that achievement opens up a new set of abilities or something.

you don’t know how to use ad hominem. pointing out your low raider io and low boss kills on heroic is the exact opposite of ad hominem. its going after your character’s accomplishment, it has nothing to do with you as a person

by all objective standards you are a mediocre to bad hunter. i have no idea how you are as an individual. but you are a bad hunter, doing low content, on the hunter forums passing judgment on meta shifts. you have no seat at the table

I just want beginning aimed shot and arcane shot nerfs reverted, or a 5% aura buff :confused:

1 Like

I sim it as I always did and lost like 450 dps with proper talents and all

MM is getting a 5% buff to aimed shot and the damage from trick shots is going from 50% to 55%

This is about a 1.5% ST buff and 2-4% AOE buff.

The second MM buff (Trick Shots) just seems totally random. Also doesn’t help for 2 pack cleave, which I find myself having to deal with more often than I would like.

With Aimed shot being about 20-25% of a standard rotation damage wise, the 5% will help, but I’m not positive it will make a huge difference. Seems like a bare minimum effort, but, I guess it is better than I expected, which was for the WS change to be completely ignored for another few weeks/months.

The WS nerf made us lose 3% ST and 8% AOE

This 5% buff to Aimed Shot which is around 30-33% of our Damage composition works out to ~ 1.5% increase only which means we are still worse than before.

It’s not enough. Even if we go back to our pre-nerfed version before 9.0.5, we were just mid of the pack.

4 Likes

Agreed. I think all 3 specs are complete trash now compared to their former versions in much earlier xpacs.

It’s a good thing Bobby Knight was a top basketball player, otherwise he would never have been able to coach. Oh, wait, he was a bench-warmer during his college basketball career.

Personal playing skill and achievements don’t have anything to do with the ability to analyze how a class plays.

2 Likes

well at least you’re consistently an idiot. You don’t find any issue attacking my “qualifications” (which is absurd in itself) while hiding behind an off-class alt yourself? You’ve contributed LITERALLY nothing of value to the discussion except to try to discount my opinion. And in the context of this forum/discussion, attacking accomplishments and your perception of my “skill” instead of the arguments themselves is EXACTLY ad hominem.

2/10 go back to troll school, kiddo

I believe what they are saying is that you have not played your hunter enough in SL to have a valid opinion on how things are going for hunters. If you have only done a few heroic bosses and a few low level keys on your hunter then surely you can understand why your opinion holds no weight? It’s pretty simple. But please, continue to stamp your feet and have your tantrum.

Hunters should put up Aspect of the Turtle and clear out traps at least once on Artificer. This is why their DPS is lower.

1 Like

just play that shaman and be happy

i’ve played this character plenty, all of the abilities are the same regardless of content. also I can read data like anyone else. keep bringing these low level non-hunters to troll, super productive.

Yes, all 3 specs are TRASH. Competitive guilds are not using hunters anymore, not even our ability to make mechanics better than other classes are compensating for the ridiculos low dps. Hunters from the top guilds are just rerolling mage or moonkin. Well I wont reroll, just dont have it in me to do it all over in another char, if I cant play what I like, I will find something else that I enjoy playing.

3 Likes

All abilities are the same “regardless of content”

yeah spoken like someone with no io and no raid kills. We already knew you weren’t any good based on your stats, but then you make statements like ‘all abilities are the same regardless of content’ and you just reinforce harder and harder that you are legit clueless. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 0 idea at all. Bro just stop, the only people who are actually listening to what you say are others in here who are bad at m+ and raids and pvp also.

950 io

2/10H

you have no seat at the table mate. You on here getting all defensive just makes you look worse. Everyone loves the lovable bad players who are just like ‘yeah im not great but im here to have fun’.

You’re the kind of bad player who just refuses to accept it. Mate you aren’t even 1k io. 1k io players get chain-declined from any decent group yet you can’t even reach that threshold. The fact you keep denying it only makes me want to reinforce it more so you get the point. Had you just said ‘yeah i do low-end content as Necro Surv and I have a lot of fun!’ no one would say boo. but you’re trying to act like you know jack about actual optimization high-end content when you have never set foot inside the building.

Just stop. For everyone who plays hunter, you’re making us look bad. Please stop

How about this opinion?

Is there a new nerf this week? Or is just the 19th day rant post of a struggling MM Hunter player?

I am not dependent on Wild Spirit. My frequency of throwing it on M+ is not that much. I still have my Volley, Trick Shot-Double Tap’d Aimed Shots, and even throw True Shot for fast trick shot/Aimed Shot combo.

I have even an MM Hunter with 10 ilevels higher than me humiliated on both ST and AoE on an easy M0 just on tweaking my talents.

1 Like