MM hunters need nerf in PVP

They are worst spec in BG. They stay in back and cast aimed shoots that hit 30-40K. They need a huge nerf. I’m sick and tired low geared MM hunters in Eye or Arathi who sit next the ledge, and use 3 spells.

Aimed shot, explosive trap and Scatter shot. Brain dead spec. If hunters didn’t had SV hunter they wouldn’t have any meaningful spec at all.

7 Likes

so you want to nerf the last 10% of the hunters

6 Likes

I do miss when hunters had a minimum range so if you stayed on top of them they couldn’t use ranged attacks

4 Likes

The only BG I’ve seen a hunter do that was in Ashran when carrying the ancient artifact. I have an honor geared mm hunter and it might crit an aimed shot for 9 - 12k. I think. I don’t recall hitting anything amazing. Unless tier sets buff it. I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

I remember those days - “The Doughnut of Death.” Mages would frost nova you, then back up into the no-hit zone between ranged and your short melee. Then they would totally unload on you and all you could do was wait for the “release” button to appear.

6 Likes

yep lol, was a rock paper scissors kind of time

was fun in its own way

2 Likes

I actually agree.
I hit 60 on my Hunter about 2 weeks ago, got 226 ilvl from ZM gear and queued into a BG.

I felt like I was doing more than my Warlock in it’s PVP set. I was 1v1-ing geared players easily because Aimed Shot just chunks for absurd amounts and you can kite all day long.

It’s fun.
But no way is it balanced in BG’s.

The issue is PVP is balanced around 3v3 arena, and I’m not so sure it’s the same situation. LoS-ing, healers, being focused, etc.

3 Likes

My daddy always said, the only good rogue is a dead rogue!

/delete all rogues. Thanks! :+1:

9 Likes

Like for real, you attack hunter, one comes out of stealth double tap for 60K damage and arcane shot that’s it.

Or they just join the combat ofc, MM and BM hunters are brainless handicaps who can’t 1v1, with double tap rapid fire , followed by arcane or insta Aimed shot. Thats 60-70K damage. To much for class that has range.

2 Likes

You’re a Rogue, just kill them.

8 Likes

I mean in all honestly who ever can crit more than 15K in Bg should be nerfed or bring back pvp scaling

Note to GD: Sinexes is a die-hard melee brain who thinks Survival should be the only viable Hunter spec and most Hunters are inferior for not wanting to play SV. This sort of attitude is the natural consequence of making SV melee and thus catering to such melee FOTM rerollers in the first place.

7 Likes

Bring back dead zone

3 Likes

As an MM hunter “main,” I agree. In fact, I think almost every spec’s burst should be nerfed in pvp because it’s a ridiculous mess.

4 Likes

I’m for it it made hunter not just “mage but better and somewhat physical damage sometimes”

ps yes i am unrated trash and really dumb

1 Like

im sure they will thats why im not maining my hunter and im on my dk which owns hunters anyway…grip slappy hands dead hunter if he has no cds.

if they nerf mm hunters you will not see any in bgs we will switch to survival hunter and own.

1 Like

This is so dumb. They don’t need a nerf. If you target them then you will kill them. Any damage will send them running. This is a git gud issue

9 Likes

Mages have typically been substantially better than Hunters in most situations with only a few exceptions such as the current patch.

2 Likes

says the class that can stun someone long enough that said rogue can make a cup off coffee, an be back to kill said stunned person…

7 Likes

I write off any suggestion of bringing back the minimum range, let alone the 5-8 yard deadzone, as irrelevant whinging from people who have a grudge against Hunters and just want to see them become a free kill in PvP. It has no place in the current game. There are other trade-offs to being a Hunter, such as the pitiful self-healing and mitigation compared to just about every other class. The minimum range would end Hunter participation in PvP and greatly handicap them in PvE… but again I assume that’s the end goal of all people suggesting it.

6 Likes