MM hunters need nerf in PVP

A rogue complaining about stealth? You must be trash

11 Likes

Says the sub rogue….

3 Likes

out of all the hunter specs to ask for nerfs you pick the worse one??? bm hunter and surv hunter way stronger and harder to stop there damage.

2 Likes

And every class can counter rogues if you have awareness.

1 Like

MM’s damage profile is very potent in random BGs, i.e. casual content, so you see the more uninformed takes coming from that space.

If you look at OP’s profile he has done no competitive content. He’s also known for bad takes on the Hunter forum. His view is basically that SV is the only Hunter spec worth anything (because it’s melee just like his Rogue main) and that all other Hunters are expendable and don’t deserve to be good at anything.

3 Likes

it all depends on whose got the advantage.
rogues have that chance for a quick and easy attack or cc.

yer saps too long distance honestly…

1 Like

Dead zone could be a thing in pvp only, because yeah for pve it would not be good.

What do you propose to tune down MM in pvp? Nerf aimed shot dmg?

I play mage, warlock and MM in pvp; and when it comes to 1v1 MM is the easiest to win with, because it cannot be interrupted and it’s almost full mobile.

1 Like

hey can I duel your mm hunter 1v1??? I just want to show you that it’s only good 1v1 vs noobs. idk why but people seem to think if you can’t interrupt aim shot that makes them good when u can showmeld, disarm, stun etc

2 Likes

dead zones for hunters is a terrible thing in general.
hows that helping hunters other than to make them useless in pvp?

4 Likes

It’s unacceptable in both PvE and PvP. Don’t try to figure out a compromise with me on this. Absolutely no deadzone/minimum range whatsoever.

Yeah, maybe. All tier set bonuses could do with some PvP-specific tuning. I don’t think MM is particularly out of line either because there are far worse offenders in PvP.

What? No, MM is not fully mobile. In fact it’s arguably one of the least mobile. Most of its damage comes from Aimed Shot which is not mobile and one of the longer casts in the game. This is especially true with the set bonus and Vigil legendary, although I’m not sure if people who bring MM to rated PvP use that one.

Speaking of rated PvP, you should look over the statistics.

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&realm=&rating=0&ladder=2v2&faction=

Yes, Hunters are well-represented in 2v2 (not particularly in 3v3). However, almost all of them are BM or SV. As it turns out, MM’s damage profile actually does not translate well to smaller fights. It’s better at team fights which is why it pulls ahead in representation in RBGs. In 2v2 MM is behind SV Hunter, BM Hunter, Fire Mage, Destro Warlock, and Affliction warlock in representation. The same is true in 3v3, adding Frost Mage to that list.

5 Likes

I love MM, I really enjoy my kultiran MM hunter, I don’t want to make them useless, but there should be a way to soft-counter aimed-shot burst (other than non line of sight).

Dead zone could be applied just to aimed shot.

1 Like

No compromise. No dead zone. End of story.

3 Likes

this post is so irrelevant coming from a rogue, shoulda posted on another class

3 Likes

Stuns,fear, cc, get behind said hunter.

it takes a long time to cast, it’s a matter of micro-managing the cc’s to prevent a cast on the target.

3 Likes

Leave my Kaldorei Huntress alone.

She has a sniper rifle and is not afraid to use it.
2 Likes

thanks, i will play my hunter more from now on.
kill some rogues

1 Like

I think that specs should be fair, and not visibly OP in BG or PVP where you can one shot player, Srry to insult you 1 button spec, and I understand that this game has to be accessible to low iq individuals like you.

1 Like

You mean bad rogues.

2 Likes

If I’m low IQ, I wonder how low yours has to be because I’ve done far more competitive content than you have in this game.

2 Likes

Really wish they had a pvp rating requirement to comment on pvp threads.

The amount of 1200 level player comments are comical.

2 Likes