MM hunters 8.2

I can feel the hate with this patch concerning hunters and I have to agree it’s warranted.

First of all I’d like to state that I’ve played this class since December of 2005 specifically deep marks/surv and have always been MM since good times and bad. It seems as if bad times are again upon us as multiple issues seem to plague this class/spec.

It’s very hard to get into a decent M+. My IO score is okay at 937 with an ilvl of 414 and I rarely get an invite to groups. I’m applying to 7-8s so nothing out of my gear or skill range.

When I do get into a group my tab targeting seems to have gotten worse with this patch. I won’t even use it in instances since it’s unreliable. I don’t use barrage ever since I always spec double tap but multi shot has been pulling adds in Africa. It’s happened twice and I feel bad for something I didn’t do. I’ll click on a target, make sure it’s focusing the tank, in range of the tank and being damaged by the tank. Then I will multi, rotation and other groups are pulled. This has never happened before since this patch and it’s frustrating and makes me feel very bad.

My dps seems to be much much lower. Last patch I was either always first or second on total dps and normally first on boss fights. I’m now usually third overall and second on boss fights. Same spec, same player, better gear, lower performance.

Haven’t really done much pvp this patch since I’ve been grinding pathfinder two and trying to get into a decent M+ which maddeningly takes at least an hour so this is just my view concerning MM overall performance.

Tldr. MM hunters feel even more lackluster and bugged this patch.

5 Likes

Mm is so bare boned atm. I dont even enjoy playing. The spec has a boring rotation and lacks everything.20 years of updates and hunter feels 10 times worse than classic. Line wolf was the only good thing added and they didnt even implement petless specs correctly

5 Likes

I definitely felt some kinda change. It feels very clunky right now. As much as I’ve enjoyed MM and tried to make it work I’ve decided to just focus on SV and BM for now. Hopefully they change something up but I won’t hold my breath.

3 Likes

I’ll agree something feels off this patch. My rotation feels “slower” with better gear.

I got invited to an 8 and was well behind a DH and Fury warr in ML. I outgeared both and the DH by so much that when I saw their ilvl I almost left grp but stayed since I’d waited so long in LFG. Definitely #feelsbadman right now.

1 Like

MM isn’t great, but it still feels much, much better than Hunters in Classic.

Not in pvp imo. Rotation? Maybe but combat wise na

Meh. We’ve lost some, we’ve gained some. For example, we no longer have Tranq Shot, but we do have things like Disengage and Camouflage. Plus, we no longer have the forced melee. To be realistic, we are much more capable now… in a vacuum. The problem is other classes have more than caught up.

3 Likes

? I would say we have less cc and utility.

Why?

We still have traps, and they are actually better now because they can be used in combat and therefore are not dependent on Feign Death.

We still have Concussive Shot and now it can have 100% uptime, unlike Vanilla.

We no longer have a minimum range and can use our ranged toolkit from anywhere. This means we don’t have Wing Clip, but it’s redundant anyway because of Concussive Shot being 100% uptime.

And we have a ton of new utilities as well that we didn’t have back then. We have a mobility spell (Disengage), a knockback, a self-heal, an immunity, and (from talents) a stealth and root.

Once again I know some stuff is gone. We no longer have a taunt or a dispel (at least our pets still offer those), Scare Beast, Counterattack, and some really helpful passives like Improved Wing Clip/the trap one who’s name escapes me right now. Some stuff is also locked in PvP talents like Scatter Shot. But over all we are much more versatile in combat than we used to be. Disengage alone is a huge deal.

I think the perception of less cc/utility comes from the fact that the other classes have gained so much more over time and often have a counter to everything we do. But that doesn’t mean it’s worse than classic. If you copied classic Hunter into modern WoW it would get steamrolled 10x worse than MM gets steamrolled now.

3 Likes

Unpopular opnion i actually liked the legion version more the current one. Wasnt as clunky

10 Likes

Just finished mech as MM. #feelsbadman
So many fights with nonstop movement. I’m sitting here looking at BM on icy veins…

I always loved hunter, i love to see my goblin with a gun, but… men, its so hard to do arenas or pvp in lvl 120. We need to move all the time, but we need to cast our main attack.

1 Like

True. But compared to every other spec, slows dont do anything in arena anymore. The amount of gap closers etci prefered the dead zone mechanic. Added value to the kiting kit which was strong in classic but everybody has mobility now so its kinda bad.

1 Like

Yet I get called a “cat” because I have to back out of unfavorable fights in the field. MM doesn’t get to do any damage for free, but I’m the p-s-y because I have to rely on good positioning, screening, and initiative to do the most damage I can.

Never mind that:

1. I only get one half-max heal. Not many other class/specs can say they get the same.
  2. I have a defensive that only deflects, but I can still take damage with it(more dots, more dots now). I don’t agree that Aspect of the Turtle is a true immunity. It’s also an immunity we cannot use offensively. NOT many other class/specs can say the same.
  3. I have no baseline stuns, and no baseline loss-of-control abilities except Freeze Trap every 30 sec.

The only good thing MM has is that they can counter other hardcasters(Mages), which means instacasters are going to eat our lunch. We can handle Hunters and we can counter Mages. We can also counter Spriests, and that’s about it: effective against 7 out of 36 specs. And this isn’t even hard counters, because Mages, Hunters, and SPriests can put some nasty hurt on this spec too.

It’s too bad we can’t have what we used to have, such as Deterrence and better Disengages. Those would improve MM’s odds immensely by making it disadvantageous for melee to focus them down. But without such, they want to lord it over us and tell us to “git gud”, to which I adopt the same quote and the same arrogant grin of one J. Allen Brack: “You think you’re gud, but you’re not.”

3 Likes

Off topic, ive been farming that since. And the scourge helm from ulduar for 3 years and sti dont have it. Got the legs today andnjust need to boots and scourge helm.

I unbelievably got mimirons head mount today… and cant get boots.

Sorry had to vent

2 Likes

Yeah, I get you, I perform worse than survival and BM(And I have to give up pet for that while they keep the utility + good damage), the class design is clunky at best, lot’s of GCDs that don’t feel at all natural, we have a higher cast time than casters! And of course, our cleave is three mobs instead of two because yes.

Also, why can’t Hunter’s Mark be baseline instead of a talent? Such a boring skill to have in the talent roll, it’s just raw damage for PvE.

But, well, BM beats in boredom and MM" it’s the only spec I can have quivers, so…

2 Likes

What are you xmoging as BM that has a quiver?!?!(tell me your secrets) I thought quivers are MM artifact xmog unique.

Oh, I think it was a bug, I was using the MM artifact before.

Hunters dominated pvp in classic. They were also used for tranq and kiting fun in pve.

They’re dog sht in pvp right now… Hows pve working out for you?

1 Like

Well, no they didn’t. They were good early on in situations like BGs but there were many specs that were effectively hard-counters to Hunters and the gear scaling was atrocious. They had a decent skill cap so there were means to out-skill an opponent but given equal skill they did not dominate PvP and even then Marksmanship was not the PvP spec of choice.

Marksmanship is bad at arenas and 1v1 now not because of things it lost over classic because it still has most of the important stuff it had in classic plus important new stuff like Disengage. The problem is all sorts of utility and self-healing has proliferated most other classes (e.g. almost every melee spec cannot be kited) so our relative power over other classes is lower. That’s not the same as the absolute strength of the spec, which is much higher now. If you took classic Hunters and put them in modern WoW while only updating the tuning and nothing else they would be a free kill for any non-Hunter spec in all PvP situations, period.

Plus, my post was about the point where he said classic Hunters felt 10 times better. All MM did in classic was rotate Aimed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Auto-Shot. I have all those things on live, plus a bunch of stuff on top of it to provide a solid gameplay loop and avoid such static gameplay.

2 Likes