MM Dark ranger feels much better on the 11.0.5 PTR!

Except that the shadow surge aoe talent breaks CC non-stop. That needs fixed.

It looks really good the shame is it wont be until November

4 Likes

True, there are 2 talents that do that, one of which is the capstone one.

1 Like

Download the 11.0 PTR; it’s the current staging ground for 11.0.5 and you’ll be able to test the changes.

You know i get why they did it but I want like an actual sentinel owl for the animation.

1 Like

This mindset and design philosophy is bad.

Having to choose between ST and AoE talents is already bad, and now you would prefer to punish people for liking different class fantasies and themes by making them cater to ST or AoE.

All classes should have ST and AoE, and talents should augment those in different ways that players prefer, not pidgeonhole them into certain “builds”.

6 Likes

That’s actually a really neat screenshot, because it also shows off Murder of Crows, Black Arrow, the Purple glowing visual that explodes on the target, and the “Surrendered to Darkness” visual on the Hunter just behind your damage meter.

1 Like

I fail to see how that makes it sick.
It sounds like we’re just losing an ability and the core concept of what Black Arrow has always been, which is a DoT, not a direct damage ability.

It is still a dot

Right, and Aimed Shot is a DoT because of Master Marksman and Serpentstalker’s Trickery.

good to hear. the only thing terribly sad about this is that it didn’t happen for launch despite us asking for this kind of thing since the first preview of dark ranger lol

but yeah at least it’s kinda sick and obviously infinitely better than current DR. sucks that I’m gonna have to play the current version of MM until that comes out but at least I have something to look forward to

1 Like

I only PvP. PvE doesn’t really matter to me. AOE just means doing less damage to more enemies. In PvP I want stopping power. If you’re going to have 2 trees with similar damage abilities you can make one and accomplish the same thing.

One will always be behind the other. Give me a ST damage tree. This company has a hard enough time balancing one spec, let alone 2 new trees per spec.

Totally get it, buuuuuuut PvP should never be considered when designing and balancing a PvE game.

Super Hot take, the only pvp that should exist is opt-in open world pvp with objectives, like SoD did with Ashenvale/Stranglethorn.
Should just be something fun to do with really busted gear from Raiding/M+.

2 Likes

The game isn’t a PvE game. It’s an MMO, with many activities, not just “PvE”.
Raiding and Mythic dungeons don’t exist in a vacuum, only a tiny fraction of people would be playing this game if all there was to do in it was just those 2 activities.
What makes an MMO is having many activities to enjoy and PvP is just as important for the game as Mythic dungeons or raiding is.

6 Likes

Hopefully, pack leader gets the same treatment. There isn’t much going on there. Stampede was a more interesting skill and better fit the pack leader label than everything they got going. AND WHY ARE BEAST CHANGES NOT READY FOR SEASON 1

Maybe old news, but all animations are out:

4 Likes

Its so cool, if it wasnt for lone wolf and needing a pet for utility on mm i would main hunter.

I only do world pvp, solo and pvp so the utility loss with lone wolf just ruins it and i hate pets keeping me in combat and all the buggy micro management

The real question is will Dark Ranger be able to compete with Sentinel? As it stands now Sentinel out performs Dark Ranger in all forms of pve content, will that change with these updated talents? If not, then what’s the point? Other than just looking cool.

If blizz cut PvP and kept everything else the game would also only lose a tiny fraction tbh

1 Like

I’ve been maining MM for the past 3 seasons and haven’t used a pet once and it feels just fine, in fact it’s even better now that Intimidation can be used without an active pet.