MM Dark ranger feels much better on the 11.0.5 PTR!

Hello,

I tested all the new changes today and here is my feedback:

• Visual effects are much much better. Bravo!
  1. During trueshot, as dark ranger, you get void/shadow effects on the hunter

2. Back arrow DoT has a better visual on the target (much more noticeable)

3. Sentinel lunar storm has a new effect - the bird no longer “poops” damage, but just circles/scouts the area, and the damage once again falls from the sky.

4. Volley has a new visual effect - the arrows that hit the ground have much better graphics, and there is a clear circle around the affected area so you know what’s inside it.

• you gain 8% haste from firing just one steady shot, not two, and steady shot gives focus baseline

• the new black arrow is sick! It replaces kill shot, usable above 80% and below 20%, and can proc deathblow off itself, does high shadow instant damage and leaves a small DoT

• the new dark ranger end node is insanely good - whenever you get a deathblow proc during trueshot, it auto-fires off GCD, so when you start spamming rapid fires and aimed shots, you can sometimes have 3-4 auto black arrows (essentially shadow dmg kill shots) during a trueshot, and I’ve even had more during a few hours of testing

• even outside of trueshot, you can fire 2-3 black arrows back to back, because with dark ranger you gain deathblow not only from rapid fire/aimed shot, but also from black arrow itself, so sometimes you can chain them

This version of MM feels much more like OG survival than anything so far

27 Likes

Bruhhhh I’m getting fomo for the love of blizzard unlock all hero specs to all specs in the first patch

2 Likes

If everything stays the way it is now on the PTR I’ll be extremely happy, honestly this iteration is what we should have gotten on launch, so annoying that we have to wait another 2 months to get this version.

6 Likes

time to hunter now- with shadow effects its playable for me.

1 Like

could you upload a video with new effects please?

3 Likes

Yes, the new dark ranger feels awesome. I always thought black arrow should replace serpent sting, but it feels so good when it instead replaces kill shot and is usable above 80%. The interaction with deathblow is great, the “black arrow automatically fires during trueshot” feels good too(we dont feel we are wasting our trueshot window to cast black arrow). Whoever came up with that idea, thanks a lot!

The new lunar storm looks much better.

Steady shot granting 10 focus being baselines feels good.

Volley animation feels good.

I didnt notice rapid fire difference, but the red trails are longer and thicker I guess?

6 Likes

could you update a video with new animations please?

Sure, here are some

Volley/ dark ranger stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/uhPkuLq

Murder of crows (who do shadow damage), summoned by black arrow cast:
https://imgur.com/a/cWTnPmu

Sentinel new lunar storm
https://imgur.com/a/o2ID2Ox

Edit: updated one more

5 Likes

wow nice. thanks

I would still prefer that Dark Ranger is more of a single target damage spec, and Sentinel the AOE spam dungeon spec. I prefer to PvP and I never focus on AOE abilities. I wish we could customize abilities, and either select AOE splash damage, or heavier ST damage on everything.

80% of the Dark Ranger talents are, presently, useless. But it is more ST focused which I prefer.

1 Like

its better than rogue you can be sure .

is the ptr out for everyone or for a select group of people?

What??? Is this for real???

How does Black Arrow compare to old Kill shot? It has a lower %attack power ratio

Hits harder than the old kill shot due to bypassing armor, and is modified by all aimed shot mods as far as I could test.

The best part is that you have 3 sources of deathblow:

• auto attacks have i think 8% chance
  • rapid fire/aimed shot have 25/15% chance as on live
  • black arrow itself has 15% chance to proc off itself

and sometimes you can have several in a short amount of time and feels great

5 Likes

Yeah, the Dark Ranger actually feels good now.
I don’t know if I’m willing to roll off my Warlock for it. I still hate Sentinel and Pack Leader.
But if we could expect to see similar reworks at later points in the expansion I’ll for sure be returning to Hunter.

I will be leveling it for 11.0.5 though as my first alt, I was debating Rogue.

Sounds good. Why is it being deployed after release?

Asking myself the same….

I’m currently learning a dark ranger playstyle that will be deprecated in 2 months

4 Likes

quick question, how’s Dark Ranger doing in AoE/M+ scenarios? looking for something else to play with Shadow in it’s current state and this still fits my aesthetic/vibe

Race to world first.
Heaven forbid they upset that bunch with a new hero power that they’ve not simmed, created a fleet of WA’s for, and geared up.

1 Like