Misunderstanding about level squish

The people who support this idea seem to think it’s magically gonna reduce the time it takes and it will also boost the amount of abilities that you get. Reality: you end up with the exact same thing. You just have the illusion you’re getting more because it’s every level but… it’s still the exact same thing and each level is gonna feel even longer. So either 3 digit numbers just scare you or you actually thought this would drastically change the game.

But like I said in the other posts it’s probably just a ninja nerf to exp and it’s actually gonna take longer to make us play more

77 Likes

Reality: nobody knows how it will work or if it will ever actually be implemented.

Everyone is getting ahead of themselves.

49 Likes

By this logic you’re saying that IF it did go through. There’s a POSSIBILITY that this would half the time required when things like heritage armor for allied races exist. Just stop and think for a second please. It would either remain the same or take longer definitely not shorter.

4 Likes

No, I’m saying there hasn’t been an official Blizzard statement on if this is actually a real thing, or how it will be implemented if it becomes a thing. That’s all.

Hundreds of real problems out there and people are choosing to freak out over a hypothetical.

6 Likes

They’re considering it though it’s literally on their survey. That means the idea is real. If they’re concerned about getting yes or no sounds like a good time to start putting your opinions forward no? Like I said the how isn’t even a factor cause of the outcries of all the people that leveled to get their allied races. It will never be shorter it will only either take the same or longer.

5 Likes

Are you a supporter of this? Why do you support it? I also included that people are just scared of three digit numbers is that you?

4 Likes

To be honest, If it still took the same amount of time but earning that next level made me feel 3x plus more powerful it would be more exciting. But they also have to do the scaling correctly for this to feel good somthing they missed in bfa and hope they learned from.

6 Likes

Did you know that only about half the players ding max level? And even less than the half of those do PvE or PvP?

The only thing this is going to accomplish, is making the leveling experience far more tedious than it already is, and prompt those who never reach cap level don’t even bother with leveling at all. If one thing scalling and the stat squish taught me about the current dev team, the whole thing is going to be poorly implemented to the point where in an expansion or two will have to be addressed and even then, after that, it will still be broken.

Mark my words, leveling will take longer with all this stuff thanks to scalling, my bet is, just as slow as vanilla WoW.

EDIT: Of course, I forgot to add the small part where you can skip all this tedium with a couple dollars, all thanks to the in game services but it would be borderline paranoia to think this whole business will be done merely to sell more.

10 Likes

But the end result is the same… you hit max level and you’re the exact same character you would’ve been at 120 I really don’t get it. It’s just an illusion a literal illusion.

4 Likes

Everyone’s fully aware of the impact of a level-squish. Blizzard just doesn’t want WoW another MMO rocking “omg level 200!!!1111” toons because that’s silly and what gutter quality F2P MMOs do to entice their player base.

So you’re afraid of triple digit numbers

2 Likes

All I’ve seen is a couple questionable screenshots that I can’t verify the authenticity of myself. Do you have an official Blue statement you can link to regarding this change?

What is your opinion? You just seem like you’re guessing about how this hypothetical change may be implemented, even though you can’t verify if it is real or how it might work.

1 Like

So I guess this means we’ll never be able to go over level 9000…

:frowning:

5 Likes

It isn’t an opinion because they’re definitely not going back to classic talent trees and if you think that I don’t even know why I replied to you. They aren’t shortening the level experience due to outcries for all the people that got their heritage armor. So two outcomes: stay the same or longer. I mean it’s pretty simple deduction if you just… sat and thought about it like my first reply

3 Likes

The most “casuals” I see talking about it are assuming this means the leveling time will be cut in half. Oh boy are they going to be in for a surprise. If anything each level will FEEL like it’s taking longer.

14 Likes

Your power always remains the same. how is scaling going to make it take longer? Do you like going to the same two or three leveling zones in vanillia and BC over and over and over again?

I fully support a level squish. Leveling has become SO BORING in this game. There is rarely any excitement to it.

The OP keeps looking at this from a max level point of view and yes, you’ll have the same abilities at max level. But getting to max level should be fun and rewarding. With a level squish they could make it feel good to level again. They could actually make it to where you get a new ability or talent every level thus you would feel like getting that level mattered. It does not feel that way currently.

As for the levels taking longer, of course they will. They should. Again it would give the feeling of accomplishment when you gain that level. But getting to max level would probably take around the same time. I have no problem with that.

1 Like

‘It’s gonna be the exact same’

Yes because getting a new ability or passive or talent every 1-2-3-4 levels is the same as getting them in 5-10-15-25 levels.

2 Likes

I thought people wanted it to take 7 months to ding 60? I mean Classic is gonna decimate retail!!!..right?

That said, with a squish the time to Max will likely be the same, but you’ll get a greater sense of progression over the journey due to skills acquisition levels and gear scaling.

4 Likes

You take 2 hours to get 5 levels vs you take 2 hours to get one level. Super hard concept to grasp I understand.

7 Likes