Mistweaver Top 3 Healer (pvp)

Show us your gameplay please

skip to 1h11m57s

• VOD from today

(and before anyone accuses me, if you open the VOD link you can see the chat, to confirm i didn’t initialize this)

If you take the time to actually test it, more than like 10 games where you troll with it because of a predisposition, you’ll come to the conclusion that its a great idea to hit EF.

========================================================

but all of this is really just politics.
i hope some of you can see through the toxic posts to the underlying information. i hope you try it, i hope you enjoy it, and i hope you feel like you can play your favorite class again. if you can’t get a hang of chiji, that’s fine. hitting EF will already make your gameplay so much more versatile, impactful, and enjoyable.
good luck, if you need anything lmk.

Why did you say mw monk is in the top 3 healers? According to xunamate in 3v3 in both EU and US they make up around 4% of the healers played, and all other healers are around 10% each with holy pala and holy priest ALOT higher.
Same in 2v2, mw are again at the bottom with only 3% of the healers played. They don’t even come close to the second least healer played.

So I assume you mean top 3 healers in your opinion?

I say top 3 because its obvious that hpriest is the best healer. There is nothing really to discuss further, there isn’t anything on other specs being overlooked that could possibly compensate the gap between hpriest and every other healer.

The gap between the rest isn’t really that much. Mistweaver is currently placed the lowest healer, represented, due to misconceptions around the capability of mistweaver; which i addressed in posts above.
Mistweavers are currently playing an outdated build; or even more simply just not using spells in their spellbook that are designed to fill major weaknesses you will experience w/o them. Obviously, if you played any healer, like hpal without wings proc talent or dawn of light, or priest without using serenity or miracle worker, the spec would feel absolutely horrible; but we know this to not be the case.
Mistweavers, do not know this to be the case. They are entirely content trying to play the game without a spell that doubles their mastery, which exponentially increases the quality of gameplay. It provides you the ability to instantly heal your team, just as a serenity or dawn of light is afforded to hpal/hpriest; yet we still have mistweavers getting kicked in clutch situations and watching their teammates die as if it was their only option. etc.
If Mistweavers used Essence Font, instead of echoing things from people echoing things or making statements extemporized, a lot of “flaws” that make them infamous would seemingly dissipate. Its not really an opinion to say Mistweaver is in the top 3 healers; whether or not its represented to reflect that is more of an opinion-based-science than fact.

Mind you, double outlaw just won an AWC cup w/ 4.46% representation on ladder vs 25.14% fury warrior.

It’s kinda comical that the, “Panzer doesn’t do that” Andy’s disappeared after the video of him discussing it was posted.

1 Like

The argument is not that pressing EF is bad.

The argument is that this garbage build he’s posted using chi-ji and upwelling is bad, while 1800 andy over here is talking about how glads and R1 mist weavers are bad players.

1 Like

Ya, they’re gunna hold onto whatever they can at every line. Next time he didn’t do this. Well he’s still not doing that. Up until- well he’s the only rank 1 doing it, so clearly others know what they’re doing, he’s just playing around, aka just diluted.

Works for me, they’re bumping the post :kissing_heart:

Well, if you’ve ever hit EF in your life, you’d know that 8s isn’t long enough. A lot of windows you use it for, close in 8s, but now that we’re all magically on board with hitting EF, suddenly 2-set is actually appealing as opposed to being called trash and useless (by our glad and r1 players btw). That’s 10s, still a little short, if u sit 2 ccs, you won’t get value from pre-casting it; OH! That’s right, you have upwelling +4s. Perfect, now whenever you use EF the moment you EF’d for will always have plenty of the buff! Game winning heals vs a free viv on the least-likely-to-oom healer in the game.

As for chiji, i mean, you’re already hitting EF w/ upwelling, i can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t run chiji. Potential to make you not have to hit every cd within 30s of the gates opening. Gives you great survivability. Real cd to trade w/ etc etc.

I’m having a hard time seeing why you would run statue, honestly. You think when you’re sitting a cc statue is what saves your team? I’m pretty sure its not, not even close. Like anytime you die/live, you would’ve died/lived w/ or w/o statue. I read today that maybe people thought w/ like modifiers it was good, like obviously it procs bonedust, so maybe it increases your bonedust proc rate, but we’d have to do some testing (over like 100 games) because my bonedust uptime already feels really high as is (upwards of 70% uptime~).

You might also be thinking something like, if i pre-enveloping and they have bonedust on them, the heals from statue have a chance to proc bonedust heals; but its still so small, its still far beneath the shadow of even the enveloping ticks procing bonedust heals which is what would be noticeable, not the marginal fraction coming from the statue; and there is no world where its saving them from any cds, whereas chiji can.

Not to mention gusts get a pretty big additional heal from bonedust, chiji does aoe damage, aoe healing etc etc, so it has really high odds to proc bonedust on its own, aswell as hyper effectiveness of dusts, far over statue, because its all gust healing.

Chiji is really hard to learn- but, without a doubt, its the better spell.

Saying Mistweaver is too 3 PvP healer is like same I am too 3 sprinter in a group with Bolt and Carl Lewis. Sure we are all sprinters but the would run circles around me.

eh. we all understand hpriest is clearly at the top, but when you breakdown other healers some things seem fairly on-par w/ hpal; mw and the new kyrian rdruid (maybe) to be specific. i could sit here and type out every parallel cd or playstyle / procs etc. across the these specs to prove the point, but it wouldn’t really do much other than slightly adjust your metaphor; cause you’re right, none of it really matters when everyone should be playing hpriest anyway :slight_smile: #We’reAllAWCplayers

I have just conducted this test; 1 hour of Jade Serpent Statue healing, w/ pvp active, in combat, after confirming that Bonedust Brew will proc in the exact same conditions w/ other spells- in conclusion, i can confirm that Jade Serpent Statue does not proc Unity Bonedust Brew.

tldr; glad/r1 didn’t test mw, statue does nothing. play chiji.

Most of this post if not true pr if it is, is only worth something at low mmr. Chiji make everyone on your team unkillable? What a joke. You are just going to get killed or the healing is just no enough to keep your team alive. I just don’t wanna waste my time answering all your other points but most of them are just false.

Did you recently comment on his YouTube guide about your build?

Thank you for your accurate and based feedback.

Under the recent monk guide, yes i did.
Mystical is pretty much the only mw making youtube content, so people looking for mw info, will watch his stuff then treat his word like gospel, when a lot of better monks (specifically not talking about me) think he’s decent but not what people should aspire to or heed. So information he doesn’t put out, needs to be nearby because people won’t go looking for it, and will just take everything he says at face value.

I also suspect that within 2 months or so, he will be playing this build; along w/ every other monk.
A lot of hard headed people will hold onto what they know, even if i told you jade serpent statue doesn’t proc gusts, doesn’t proc unity, isn’t even good in dampening or any other part of the game, you will still run it; because you always have, even without any reason (speculative, because prior to yesterday, r1/glad (and everyone else) believed that statue proc’d unity). They will wait, until more and more and more people start testing for themselves, start playing and learning the absolute strengths mw has to offer, and then they will concede, slowly; and no one will even remember how they got there, just as if they figured it out on their own.

At the very least 2-set, multiple EF use every game (not “rarely” as he described; which is already altered from his previous “never”), and chiji w/ jade bonds.

=================================================================

I’m not even really saying to change that much. I’m calling to drop dead talents.

Mana Tea, you can just track the mana yourself (or do the math w/o skewing results for optimal lifecycles, obviously), and you will come to the conclusion that Lifecycles is better.
Jade Serpent Statue doesn’t do what people thought it did, so it really is just a 1k/hps (effected by dampening); try to think about how effective that really is. Is that better than a cd that can literally heal through ret wings + dk abom+ ? That can heal through smokebomb/duel or a warrior slamming his keyboard into you? etc

Focused Thunder??? You realize it literally gives 1 extra charge of tft right? You use that extra charge 99% of the time on vivify, already reduced mana cost from, at the very least clouded focus (+lifecycles), and its like base 3.8% mana cost to begin with
 or an actually impactful 4s added to the buff (because it can fall off in cc w/o this talent) that makes your instant healing work and just overall overclocks mw

(also people who only play 2s will have a slightly skewed idea of chiji, because there is generally never a need for the massive healing chiji provides in 2s, as you only have to worry about 1 dps; where as in 3s there is a lot of damage/cds that you need to be able to trade into)

Why would you think i did not test it?

Chiji is a 3min cooldown and it wont top anyone on your team. Except at your rating maybe.

Thunder Focus Tea can be used with enveloping mist for the 10k healing. It’s not only used for vivify.

You need to cast as a MW. Sure you might heal someone if you are lucky with a bonedust brew and a lucky Resplendent Mist with a Renewing mist but why would you bet on luck when other healer have better tool to top someone instantly?

Your Essence font argument is pretty bad. If you cast it and cancel it so you don’t get kicked, you only get 1 Hot on someone at random for 3600 mana.

I could keep going but you are 1500 and probably think it doesnt matter but you would never be able to heal anyone with your spec at high mmr.

Jade Bonds. esp w/ EF. also, because you didn’t know, the dusted gusts also apply to the Jade Bonds CDR, not that it matters because you don’t know what you’re talking about and probably never will.

Welp, there it is folks. You clearly didn’t test it. You are absolutely out of your mind if don’t know how chiji tops every global. From 20->100% 1 GCD. Overhealing w/ procs. Your test, if you even bothered to, was running into 3 people in solo shuffle with only chiji up and hitting SCK and dying. You are truly a genius.

NO WAY??? ITS ALMOST LIKE I SAID THE “EXTRA” CHARGE IS ALMOST ALWAYS USED ON VIVIFY??? THATS CRAZY. CAUSE THE FIRST ONE IS USED ON ENVELOPING WOAH. CRAZY. YOU CASTING 2 ENVELOPINGS BACK TO BACK? DIDN’T THINK SO! AND BECASE YOU DIDN’T KNOW BEFORE YOU TYPE IT AND EMBARASS YOURSELF, THE 10K HEAL FROM TFT ENVELOPING ISN’T INCREASED BY 40% FROM THE FIRST ENVELOPING.

Ok, its suddenly clear you have done actually 0 testing and you didn’t even read the thread. Bonedust + Essence Font = Renewing Mists is a minimum 36K heal before resplendent procs or crit.

Once again, clearly you did no testing. You can cancel cast Essence Font in range of allies for ~0.5s and hit all 3 people on your team.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

you need to cast 10 spells with that proc gusts of mists to reduce it by 3sec
sooo 2:40 if you spam heal like crazy

I did more game than you
at higher mmr
do you realy think I didnt try it? You will top once and than you will die or get CC because you are in the open attacking the other team.

Im sorry but its just not worth keep typing at thie point. Stay 1500 and refuse to learn all you want, it wont change anything for me.

The CDR takes effect, while chiji is active
 not to mention all the other gusts and bonedust gusts you will use throughout the game, especially w/ EF
 its ~2min cd.

You. Are. So. Incredibly. Lost. I. Am. Sorry. You. Will. Just. Have. To. Wait. For. Better. And. Smarter. Players. To. Make. A. Really. Clear. Guide. With. Pictures. On. Chiji. So. That. You. Are. Able. To. Understand.

Sorry about that last word, its a little long.

If it makes you feel better, so far two r1 players have begun slow testing into this build, so we’re probably only 2-3 months away from a guide for you lil’buddy :slight_smile:

================================================================

tldr; don’t be toxic in my thread, i’ll throw it right back.

1 Like

i mean im R1 and im telling you
but you just refuse to listen. The game is too fast paced right now for Chiji to work. Its not behing toxic, it’s trying to teach a 1500 MW

Lmao what are you trying to accomplish with the post?

Are you trying to convince everyone that you’re better than people who are better than you
?

Trying to convince everyone that a bad species good
?

Just
 here to argue? You’re definitely the type. As am I. No disrespect there and I agree it’s annoying when people bring up points you proactively counter in your op but uh guy there doesn’t seem a point to this post other than to attempt to change everyone else’s reality lol

He may be wrong about the strength of the build, but your replies show you don’t understand some basic fundamental spell interactions for the class you play.

1 Like

Crazy because in 2 days we have 3 recorded games of chiji being the deciding factor @ 2.5K. Game might just be a little too fast paced for you lil’buddy :slight_smile:

Really just to drop dead talents. Things we heard were good, that didn’t get tested, with excuses that made them sound good being untrue, just debunking them and giving light to things that do work / fill “flaws” mistweaver has. Its funny because before i made this post, if you asked any mistweaver about EF, they would all collectively say its a useless button and never to use it massive waste of mana, and since this post, you can find many of them using it in every game or saying “its good sometimes, in really specific situations” its all just slow progress w/ hard headed ego maniacs but its honest work. I’m honestly not even suggesting anything that crazy or extraordinarily different; a lot of them just don’t know how to play part of it so they lose their mind. Luckily, one of the r1s has been having pretty good success w/ it, he caught on really quick. So i have faith in them all, in time.

Indeed. AND THAT is a “i mean im r1 and im telling you
” player. Imagine if every high end mw wasn’t like this.