Mistweaver Top 3 Healer (pvp)

I mean mistweaver isn’t nearly as bad as everyone pretends like it is but it is objectively worse than other healers.

It’s kind of weird that you have the adacity to make a claim like this when you have literally zero experience playing the game.

Mistweaver is really only good when it can play with wizards for the sheer fact that wizards are insanely good @ controlling pace and demand attention so teh MW can sit back and just be a throughput got that never ooms. Put them with a comp where they are a viable target and their life becomes a living hell.

You have to play near perfectly to avoid getting swapped to and globalled at basically every point of the game. You add zero damage whatsoever and pushing in for CC is super dangerous against a lot of teams because of how valuable that mobility is when it comes to keeping you alive should teams decide to swap you. Again, in 3s MW has it’s comps where it can shine but thats only because the power of double wizard allows MW to shine.

Otherwise ther is literally nothing MW does that other healers just don’t do better. In 2s MW is damp and useless. Why play MW when you can play shaman or priest, and add a ton of utility and basically be a 2nd DPSer?

MW isn’t nearly as bad as everyone pretends but it absolutely flops insanely hard if you don’t use your mobiltiy properly nd if you try to do anythnig offense with CC you risk gettting caught in an absolutely horrible spot on the map that will lose you the game faster than it will win you one.

Literally no one plays lifecycles. You don’t just send mana tea for no reason, you respond to damage with it.

Assuming you’re playing 2s, q’ing in to a warrior who runs @ your dps.

Bonedust, TFT, double vivify, now you mana tea, that envelop with mana tea and 2 stacks of clouded is going to essentially be free, adn you can go from there. You get through the entirety of warrior cooldowns at like 96% mana when you use tea the right way.

The rest of the damage that isn’t during cooldowns can be easily dealt with without having to ever vivify. Renewing mist, soothing, statue and envelope are more than adequate.

Lifecycles assumes you’re pressing vivify constantly off of envelopes and you’re just not if you’re playing the game right.

I could see a world where lifecycles is maybe ok but Mana tea gets you through cooldowns where your mana will be chunked way better than lifecycles ever will.

I wish all assumptions were just made in 3s. 2s is a joke bracket.

Congratulations, you skipped the section of my post where i said the mana difference between Mana Tea and Lifecycles is like ~2K in the exact window you are talking about. ITS FREE NO MATTER WHAT. %'s diminish. The only difference is outside of that Mana Tea window, guess what, you’re spending EXTRODINARILY more mana than if you just ran Lifecycles.

You’re trying to think about things on paper. Super linear. You will naturally have a cycle of hitting them relatively back n forth and you, evidently, don’t even realize it. Its a passive, you don’t have to think about it. I did the math for you, and i didn’t intentionally skewer it trying to create optimal Lifecycles.

I swear if y’all try this build out, and actually learn to use it properly, understand it, the words “wow, mw is op” might actually come out of your mouth unironically.

=====================================================================
I think we can all agree that mystical is a halfway good mistweaver, right? Multi-glad, decent peak.
I would like to turn everyone’s attention to his latest video “Life Cocoon vs Dark Soul AFTER THE BUFF”

He complains about trading a 2min cd for a 2min cd.
I think he traded Life Cocoon for darksoul + insta bolt stacks + infernal + deathbourne + icey veins + (probably power infusion).
I think he wasted Revival, knowing he wouldn’t have it for Dark Soul+ go.
I think the warrior didn’t LoS 5+ offensive CDs from the enemy team.
I think that the Life Cocoon did absorb the chaos bolts, and the free casting ramped frost mage is what killed the warrior.

I think mystical had 4 globals to get Bonedust Brew down, get EF up, prior to Dark Soul popping and RoP’ing the first bolt.
I think Chiji, after RoP, easily saves them here (as they can’t really cc him with frostmage aoe and infernal aoe).
Did Jade Serpent Statue help?

What’s the first thing they blamed? Mistweaver Life Cocoon.
Willfully ignorant of all the mistakes they made leading up to this point, just blame mistweaver not being good enough, right?

Just another instance of mistweavers w/ all the qualifications you want, being the examples you need.

Mistweaver isn’t bad, the people who “play it” are.

This post makes me want to play my monk. Wether you’re right or not. Thank you OP :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sometimes trying out different talents is cool and maybe a certain talent or conduit benefits from a certain play style.

Always good stuff to try out new things but I will say mw feels very punishing when you make mistakes compared to other healers since it doesn’t have immunities, many instants and also does no damage which is unfortunate.

Will probs try a few things in a solo and see how it goes.

ya, mw damage is unfortunate. i try to cope w/ lack of mw damage by saying like “ya sure, priest ends w/ 290K damage, but they still oom first, and ultimately lose the match, so the damage didn’t really matter” same w/ druids; but having 0 good damage options just feels really bad. i tried things like keefers, but clouded is just too consistently good to trade off for something that might get real use once a game, and only truly impact the outcome of the game 1/100x.

but then i remember, mw does have Touch of Death.
Most damage done by a healer throughout the match, doesn’t really matter. Its not significant enough damage, clearly, or we wouldn’t be 40% ahead of them on mana consistently. That means, that the only damage a healer, really needs, is in the “kill” window. That is arguably the only time mw has some of the best damage in the game, from a healer.
BUT THAT IS ALSO WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. BECAUSE TOUCH OF DEATH IS SO INCONSISTENT BECAUSE ITS ON GCD. HALF THE TIME WE’RE HITTING THIS BUTTON ITS NOT GOING OFF. OR IT DOES GO OFF AND THEY DON’T DIE? THEY HAVE SOME HoT HEALING THEM FOR LIKE 700/s AND IT PUTS THEM AT JUST ENOUGH HP OVER YOUR ToD HP THRESHHOLD TO KILL. AND THEN YOU HAVE NO FOLLOWUP CAUSE RSK HITS FOR LIKE 5K??? actually, tragic.

basically, imo, if they took Touch of Death off gcd, (maybe make it a flat execute) mw would feel a lot more lethal.

i also really like the idea of Touch of Death going through things like Ray of Hope, Dark Pact, Shield of Vengeance, etc… (at least for mw) would feel very lore-appropriate

It’s on 2 GCDs it seems, even if you’re off GCD spamming as a mob creeps down to 15% hp, it will take about a second until the button becomes pressable

I can’t post images on the forums yet, but an update on the topic:

The rank 1 EU mw monk has started using Essence Font quote,
panzer: “lets see now, you should have essencefont, it gives 2x mastery; if u essencefont, cancel it quick, bonedust and then renewing mists, it does like 20k per”
chatter: “@panzerhenk aint that too mana heavy?”
panzer: “nah u dont go oom on mw, i started using it, and it actually pumps”

mutli-r1… since 2014… 3 out of top 4 mw in eu belong to panzer.

I wonder how long it will take for NA mw to figure out they don’t know what they’re doing.

Despite your delusions the R1 EU MW does not play your suggested spec on any of his MWs and watching a few vods shows that he essentially never plays it.

In fact I couldn’t find a single instance of him playing it. He may have tried it one time but clearly he knows what spec is better because he’s back to the standard spec.

Its hard to break old habits… even after realizing things are better, its not like your brain is just instantly going to attribute proper muscle memory and execution… he literally just made that quote yesterday; so chill out YAHHH, you’re wrong.
-but in reference to the build, i’d rather see people use 2-set EF than expect them to learn how to use chiji. the xpac is already almost over, by the time you did it properly it wouldn’t matter anyway except for your own self enrichment; if anything just acknowledge its validity so in the future we don’t overlook game altering abilities.

Steps for Substance Abuse Treatment:
Step 1.) Lifecycles
Step 2.) 2-set EF
Step 3.) Upwelling EF
Step 4.) Chiji

…as for delusions, post your discord name.#### i’ll be sure to link you any of the evidence i have afore mentioned :slight_smile:
-any reply other than (queries to the build as you might not understand or) your discord name.#### will more than likely be ignored, to save you the time

also, you lookin’ like clapity posting on an alt and i find that embarrassing. sorry/disregard if its not actually you, i ain’t gunna waste my time checking :joy:

I mean you can check pvp all my alts. That isn’t me, but they are completely right.

Nobody cares what you’d rather see. You’re a mediocre rival mistweaver agitator andy being a contrarian to conventional (and actually successful) builds for the sake of being a contrarian. I was a teenager once, too.

when all your avenues fail, this is what you resort to :rofl: so lost
i explained why i posted this, if you can’t read that’s not my problem. you should probably unfollow the thread, you’ve been of 0 value to it. unless every mw on ladder perma swaps to this build over night with overwhelming reviews you can just spam your diluted trash, so boring.

once again ,

I’m reading your cr just fine, rival agitator andy.

1 Like

You’re coping so hard.

It doesn’t matter what anybody is used to. If he genuinely thought it was better then he would be playing to learn and improve even further.

The fact that he isn’t playing and does not play it means he knows it isn’t better. Period.

1 Like

100% agree, true.

Also, as i feel the need to reiterate this; this isn’t a suggestion. its not an idea, its not creativity, its not theorycrafting blah blah blah…

If you don’t use EF in your matches, you’re playing half of your class.
When you get kicked in a clutch and your teammates die, that’s on you, not mistweaver.
You had instant casts.
When you seemingly can’t recover or effectively become helpless in arena, you did that, not mistweaver.
You had unfathomable amounts of healing at your disposal.
You can play the legion build all you want, no one cares, and you’ll probably do fine; but the second you complain about mw, while actively ignoring the most powerful tools in mw kit, you become the problem, not mistweaver.

When you start hitting the good buttons, match loss coms stop being “top 10 reasons why we would’ve won with any other healer”.

You can write as many paragraphs as you want but you still can’t give a logical reason for Panzer to not be using this build 24/7 if he knows that it’s as ‘insane’ as you claim.

If it was that good he would want to put the time in and be even better than other MW monks.

I already did.

This kind of psychology is reinforced by, as an example, when you change keybinds, when you change covenants, when you put a resonator on but use it as aegis, things your brain does, despite knowing, because of habits. The idea that anyone is just going to put EF on their bars and start being crazy good with it, knowing when and when not to, unconsciously performing with it- its not gunna happen over night. Just because we hide the rabbit in the box doesn’t mean the rabbit isn’t there.

That isn’t an answer.

If the build was better like you suggest and he agrees like you are suggesting then he would be playing it to practice it and not completely ignoring it after trying it maybe one time.

You don’t improve at something by ignoring its existence.

Alright, as you seem to be someone who just can’t understand words written on a page effectively, maybe your brain just short circuits or something, that happens to some people y’know its okay.
If you got a very specific question regarding how to use the build or problems you’re having with it, maybe i can help you with those; if not, consider this the end of our discussion.
sorry if you’re trying, but i can’t help you. its too redundant.

You can keep deflecting and coping all you want.

You have no answer as to why he wouldn’t be practicing it if he genuinely thought it was better.