Mists Timerunning - You can grind currency and buy the world boss mounts

I thought it was funny that the snail toy costs as much currency as the Alani mount.

At 50k currency, the Alani mount is by far the most expensive.

There are THREE toys that cost 50k currency.

Mounts are trivial. Toys are where it’s at, and Blizzard knows that.

One shotting Sha of Anger is work?

8 Likes

This is absolutely worth playing if it means not having to run SoO for the Scorpion.

1 Like

There’s a skip added to Garrosh for like a year now

Fun fact about Sha of Anger.

When MoP released, the Sha of Anger mount wasn’t on its loot table. You’d get your box occasionally, open it… and it was empty. Not even the pity gold.

If that happened to you, it meant that you were going to get the mount in that box. But since it wasn’t on the loot table, you got nothing.

Several months after MoP released, somebody noticed that NOBODY in the game had the Sha of Anger mount. There was actually a huge movement on the forums where people were looking for somene - ANYONE - who had the Sha of Anger mount. And nobody could find one.

So the conclusion was reached that it just wasn’t in the game, which made the completely empty loot boxes make sense.

There was an unannounced, mysterious maintenance on a Saturday, one weekend.

The first Sha of Anger mount appeared right afterwards.

5 Likes

It took me well over a decade to get the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent and Galleon’s Saddle. If they want to show some mercy to new players, I’m all for it.

3 Likes

Still need to walk in, click a piece of paper, then blast a paper warchief once, then slap some ghosts, then watch him die to bleeds on an alt I have parked outside of the raid for the Tusks though.

1 Like

I stopped bothering after I got my Tusks which was way before the Skip.

the windsteed is one my my fav mounts/models in the game im blessed we’re getting some more qilin pals. i am also 100% pro-buying world boss mounts w currency. there are some really unlucky people out there. let them at least be able to grind if they want.

5 Likes

Man, I regret the time I put into obtaining some of these mounts. But I’m not upset by this. I think that the people who have farmed for years deserve a break, too.

2 Likes

With some of my guildies at 70+ attempts at these mounts and no dice I think this will be a blessing to them too rather than just keeping at it.

Considering i did it since it came out in mop and took me 10 years to finally coin it. Yes, he didn’t use to be static, he constantly got zerged on a far spot and you had a specific map point where you could get to 3 spawn points before a full raid at 110-120 could zerg him down.

Not mentioning 10 alts per week, i was casually farming it. People had 3 accounts with 50 alts each doing it weekly.

Don’t throw collectors under the bus.

Collector and farmer here. Everything is fine.

4 Likes

Hope they do this with more xpacs

3 Likes

Okay, and what about the collectors still doing this and don’t have it, I’m sure they are happy to finally check it off. But hey someone got the mount in their first 5 tries so they earned it more than the person with 2k+ kills.

2 Likes

I think the biggest thing in all this is the mini-mana bomb.

The Mini-Mana-Bomb toy was only available during the MoP launch event and has been unobtainable since.

So this is an example of another limited-time item coming back.

7 Likes

My toon has 2947 - level 23 - around 3.5 hours played.

2 Likes

Are you grouped or solo? Asking for a friend,

Did you do any dungeons? or is it all from questing?

I’m soloing, I’ve hardly came across any other players doing the same quests as me to be honest today.

No Dungeons yet. Just following the quests as I go.

2 Likes

Thank you kind citizen. This gives me hope.

3 Likes