Mists of Pandaria, Remix!

I’d be shocked if you didn’t need to have DF to do the whole Pandaria thing. If you don’t, I think it will be the first time you didn’t need an expac to hit that expac’s level cap?

Might be you’re stuck at 60 in Pandaria?

Remain pure at 60, and keep all my sweet, sweet gear.
Or level to 70 in Pandaria.

Hrm…

60 isn’t pure. 60 is the Jailer’s max level. 60 is the maw walker’s brand. 60 is what Nathanos was when he died. 60 is the amount of times Sylv and Anduin kissed before he escaped Torghast and went to contemplate the sword in the desert.

2 Likes

Nah. They already announced that it is a level up to 70 mode. I can’t wait. It is going to be such a fun refreshing new way to level up a bunch of class and race combinations Ive never tried, and MoP was beautiful. Whacky mechanics look fun AF too.

Nah to what? Did they confirm you don’t need to have purchased Dragon Flight to do the event or to reach 70?

It looks like you don’t need DF to play it, at least!

No expansion purchase is needed, but a World of Warcraft Subscription or Game Time is required to begin this fast-paced adventure through Pandaria. This means that Classic players can also participate in a plethora of pandamonium by simply installing the modern (live) World of Warcraft client.

WoW Trial Accounts will also be able to experience this WoW Remix without a subscription or Game Time through level 20. Purchase a subscription or Game Time to continue beyond level 20.

Congratulations Sef.

You made me do a thing.

1 Like

If by “thing” you mean write some Sylvanduin fan fiction, please send it to me!

1 Like

The world is not ready for “What Are We If Not Slaves To This Torment?”. Not yet.

No, it just hasn’t hit the forums yet.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Maw is actually not bad for Sylvanas now that Anduin left.

1 Like

Is this like Season of Discovery for MoP? Or is this just straight up MoP classic, but for a limited time?

It’s a new thing that has some SoD vibes but it’s not Classic – it’s “timerunning”.

You make a level 10, they can level to 70 but it’s all Pandaria. When the event is over, they’re just back in the present. You can even join your guild on them iirc, you just can’t leave the special time travel Pandaria thing until it’s all over.

There’s an artifiact cloak, gems that give you abilities of other classes, a system to buy all the stuff you might not have gotten from MoP, recoloured stuff and totally new xmog items, toy items, etc.

2 Likes

Can you leave once you hit 70 or not until War Within ?

I’m not sure when it ends, probably the pre-patch?

I don’t think you can leave until the event ends but it’s limited time. I think the pre-patch will be the latest so that people can keep on going if they decide to main that class, for those who aren’t degenerate altoholics.

Me, well… it will be my 5th level 70 warlock :man_facepalming:t4:

Apologies for the noob question, but I didn’t play back then and I haven’t been able to find anything official to confirm…giving some thought about what to roll and looking to try a class that I have never played before, what is the talent situation for the MOP Remix? Will we have the old-school talent trees, the trees as they existed in MOP originally, or do we have the current DF ones?

It will have modern class design.

Wish it were TBC remix instead I have no interest in MoP.

1 Like

Much like Blunderstorm, I can’t imagine they are doing something like this as a one-off. I suspect it’s a test of systems, leveling, etc and we are the guinea pigs.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a year or so from now, Timerunning Remixes became a thing and they started giving us Timerunning in other expacs. (such as TBC)

I’ll mention Longdale again, because this is seemingly in her wheelhouse and what she likes to do, if you look at her history with EQ. She wants these universes to get more creative with gameplay and push the envelope.

This game is approaching 20 years. I may not like everything, but I am ALL for more creativity, more experimentation and pushing of envelopes.

It starts with MOP Timerunning, but I suspect there is much more down the road. I have not been this excited for WoW’s future in a long time.

LFG with experimenting!

4 Likes

I can’t decide if I want to level a Draenei or Pandaren Warlock.

Imma get that birb mount.

1 Like

I love Pandaria, whereas outland is my least favourite quest experience in game. To each their own, I guess!

1 Like