Mists of Pandaria, Remix!

What do you guys think of this?

Personally, I’m beyond hyped! This was my favourite expansion and frankly this seems the BEST way to do a classic experience of this era. I feel little need to level through cata, outland and northrend just to get from 80 to 90… a streamlined experience through 10-70 sounds incredible, and the idea of playing through MoP as live content again sounds genuinely awesome to me. Plus, new cosmetics and we get to keep the characters we level. Honestly, 100% my vibe

My only con, at this stage, is that I wouldn’t have minded a gradual release of patch content, even if it was fast (like one every 2 weeks or something) just to experience the communal work-through when it comes to Isle of Thunder, the limited time Darkspear Rebellion event, and so on.

7 Likes

Not enough information for me to say what I think yet. It’s curious. I have some thoughts, but I will keep them to myself until I see / hear more.

The end of expacs is typically slow, so if moving forward they start having one-off events for us to take part in, I am all for players having more to do. (Although, I remain staunchly uninterested in Plunderstorm).

However, I am not a fan of time-limited anything and I will say I am absolutely against them gatekeeping cosmetics, items, etc from whatever this turns out to be.

I did see Goblin surfboard mounts tho, so I’m down with that.

1 Like

Hm. Interesting. I wonder if this is gunna be a trend going forward? I definitely think we need more standalone versions of WoW.

Edit: I also wonder if this move has anything at all to do with the Blizz/NetEase romance rekindled?

…surely not.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeballing some of the datamining and my own personal finds on the PTR.

I’m pretty excited, though I’ll admit my bias for the expansion. Curious to see how things will play out with the accelerated leveling and all.

2 Likes

Lol, 100%. When they started negotiating with NetEase again, they probably started developing this as well so they could throw it out there to the Chinese to try to get them interested in coming back ASAP.

…and I will place bets that they market this to everyone else as being the PVE thing that they were talking about during Plunderstorm when they told us something else was coming for PvEers.

1 Like

Best shield in the game:

3 Likes

On the one hand, with at least 3 of every class at 70, this is like… ugh, another toon to level. On the other hand, this is like… nice, another toon to level.

3 Likes

This seems really neat! I have a few Pandaren to level. Either a monk or a shaman. Or both! Excited for this!

1 Like

My time has come.

But really, I don’t need -another- character to level, let alone more Pandaren (9 right now).
But you bet your money I’ll run through it because this is without a doubt my favorite expansion and I am already loving this mix between Season of Discovery/Retail hybrid combination.

I’m kinda stoked how they’re doing gear and pretty much allowing classes to use skills that were previously locked to other classes-Like you can have mages get a trinket that lets them Roll. Pretty legit.

I wonder if they’ll do any balancing passes because Monk was notoriously weak in the expansion it debuted into, likely out of fear of not trying constantly re-work a class mid game like Death Knights were. And MoP was the expansion of the one-shot warlock builds.

2 Likes

I think the trilogy of expacs is going to close out new content for WoW and they’re just going to do SoD-style remixes over and over.

2 Likes

Want. Want it so bad.

1 Like

I’m mildly interested. It might be nice to have MoP content be relevant again, and there seems to be a fair bit of stuff to help make it feel a bit newer. It’s at least something I’m willing to try out.

4 Likes

Yeessssssssssssss

They should go even further and give us the ringed short swords that the Shado Pan and some of the guard NPCS use. They’ve been exclusive to NPC characters for so long and the PvP ones are too different to be considered the same.

8 Likes

I saw that someone datamined one version of the sword. Looks like people haven’t really been mining the weapons but based off what I’ve seen from potentially available armor (ie: the civilian pandaren clothes) the ‘ringed’ weapons are probably gonna be ours to use

3 Likes

I’m more hyped about this the more I hear about it.

It’s not separate servers, it’s like a time-locked character on your server. The character can be in your guild, even.

This is a real cool dip into some serious timewalking stuff.

It makes me hopeful for what’s to come ^ _ ^

4 Likes

Do we have an ETA on release? Probably a month or two I’d imagine?

1 Like

I’m not sure but I think 10.2.7 is the end of April, and it might actually just launch then to be parallel to fated raids for people who really don’t care to do those.

1 Like

Looking at toys and mounts and rewards, seems a lot (all?) of the toys and mounts available in Pandaria via drops, will be able to be purchased off vendors:

4 Likes

I friggin’ love it. I’ll eat up anything Pandaren-related, and this seems genuinely cool on the PTR thus far! The rewards are nifty, too. Really hoping we see a resurgence of Shado-Pan RP with the sets being released. Our Roleplaying population sure could use the boost. :panda_face:

3 Likes

I would really like to see the Pandaren come back and hang out on the wall next to the Recluse in SW.

It really felt like the day the music died when they stopped showing up.

3 Likes