Missing WoW token

I have a friend who has been missing a WoW token for quite some time and has made multiple tickets just to be told that they have all the tokens and have even had their game streamed to me to show me they have no tokens in their bags. I would not be highlighting this problem if they havent had to make multiple tickets and wait days and days to be told they arnt having a problem.

I would need some kind of reference to the person you are referring to, Worldpvp, like a character name and realm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are typing a reponse and taking forever

1 Like

Hey guys,
On 7/28 I had 7 tokens in my bags.
While I was purchasing 3 tokens from the AH 1 Token in my bags disappeared.
I only received 2 Tokens in the mail afterwards.

A GM advised me to use a token as I was capped. 7 on Maziikeen + 1 on Klutziie + 3 from AH = 11.
So I used a token on 7/29 to see if the 3rd Token would come in the mail after.
It still did not.

I have a video of this. https://youtu.be/jaBfE5gXSr8

1 Like

This be they

Alright. I’ll check it out and see what I can see. It sounds complex, so might be a little bit. Trying to juggle. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wonder if this is the phantom token bug that pops up every now and again.

This is where a token is consumed but leaves the ahell in the bag still. So it appears you have a token when you actually dont.

I can understand if that is the case with the one that disappeared in my bags but I don’t understand why I would not receive the token I had bought.

I dont know the full ons and outs of this bug, and it has been a minute aince i have aeen it crop up and may be entirely wrong.

Basically, 7 in bags, one us a phantom token, so in reality you have 6. Purchase 3 tokens and inly 2 appear in your bag. The 3rd made that phantom a real token

So 6 plus one siplay error in bags plus 3 tokens for 9. It appears you didnt get one due to phantom now in essence being legit.

Once again PURE SPECULATION on my part. Good news though is Vrak is on the case you are in great hands.

Alright, this gets kind of funky, so bear with me and see if I can explain it.

So you started with visually 7 in your bags and you would have purchased 3 more, giving you 10, or 11 if you count the 1 on your alt.

Based on the internal count, at the time you purchased the 3, you had 5, plus the 1 you had on your Death Knight. Giving you a total of 9.

At the time of the purchase all WoW Tokens appear to be accounted for. So 2 of those were considered phantom Tokens that were remaining in your inventory visually.

A Phantom Token isn’t exactly a ghost token, only being visual, it technically does exist, but it is an unresolved Token exchange. An error.

Meaning when it was used it did add either Balance or Game Time but it was never cleared fully. The system tries to reconcile the amount of tokens purchased versus what has been used. So when you purchased that first one, the system cleared one of the phantom tokens away, completing that first exchange by clearing it out of your inventory. When you purchased the others, it simple made the other phantom Token into an active WoW Token, and then sent you the other two you purchased.

It know it sounds convoluted and more than a little confusing, but in looking into this I located the documentation that directly covers what you experienced. Down to an example that almost perfectly mirrors your experience.

To keep this up to date, you used one for Balance after you spoke with one of the Game Masters, bringing your total for the account to 8.

Right now, you should have 7 Tokens on Maziikeen and 1 on your level 50 Death Knight.

I hope that helps, because I think it broke my brain in the understanding of it.

18 Likes

That is disappointing but thanks for looking into it.
2 Phantom Tokens in 1 day sucks.

4 Likes

6 Likes