Missing World Quest Reward - Nathanos Blightcaller

I just took part in the killing of Nathanos Blightcaller world quest. I had died during the gith and was running back, my spirit in range when he died. I seem to have gotten credit for completing the world quest as it no longer shows up for me but I did not receive the weapong I was supposed to (115 Apothocary staff). My bags weren’t full and it isn’t in my mailbox. Any idea how I can fix this? I don’t really want to have to wait a week for my staff.

4 Likes

We received a few reports of that happening, Braelastia.

Editing post to update information:

The matter is being looked into.

1 Like

this happned to me as well

I was about to open a ticket in-game for this exact issue but it says that GM’s cannot restore quest loot etc…and to open a bug report on the forum. lol?

Same here…completed quest, got credit, turned in…no Item.

Same thing was released and was running back when the kill happened. Got no loot

Happened to me on my VE Mage, Renä. Hoping a GM can help, ticket has been submitted.

Same happened for me

Probably a stupid question but did you do the bread crumb quests first? Or just go kill him?

Happened to me too, I was dead when he was killed. Got credit for the quest and the world quest completed but no reward.

It seems like everyone reporting the issue was dead and had released. Don’t release and you should get the loot. Releasing has ALWAYS taken you off the bosses threat list and removed you from being able to get loot. Try not releasing.

1 Like

Also died during the encounter, but rezzed before he died. However, I was awarded the wrong loot for my specialization. Put in a ticket, but I don’t have high hopes as the in-game tickets seem to be pretty useless in these scenarios.

How do I submit a ticket? I try to “open a ticket” and it sends me to “report a bug” which sends me to “open a ticket”… etc. I’m super frustrated at the semi-automated system.

It may not be necessary at this point as I believe we have plenty of examples. The issue is being looked into.

For some reason the forums are using an old toon of mine. If it gets resolved for me, It needs to be my other character who finished the quest.

Going to add to the growing chorus here. Same issue – died during the fight, received credit for completing the breadcrumb quest and the world quest, but did not get the World Quest loot. I’m aware of the old issue of releasing spirit not giving loot drops, but I believe the loot is from the World quest itself, not the boss.

[Edit: Deleted comment on skipped cutscene, probably blocked by an addon. Thanks!]

Make sure you don’t have any addons that block cutscenes on.

Same here, very frustrating.

Now here’s the real question; for those of us who didn’t get anything due to this glitch, will we be getting anything after it gets fixed, or will we have to wait a week to try again?

I don’t currently have an answer for you, Slogosh. All I know at the moment is that the matter is being looked into.