Missing Twitch Drop - D.I.S.C.O Toy

I claimed my Twitch drop for the D.I.S.C.O Toy 4 days ago on the Twitch inventory and have not received it in game. I have checked toy menu, mailbox, gift notifications and inventory.

My Twitch and Battlenet accounts are linked.
I have received previous twitch drops.
The item has been claimed in the Twitch inventory 4 days ago.

Assistance with this would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unfortunately Customer Support is a forum for players to assist other players. It’s not a contact point for the staff. Even then, there isn’t much that can be done even if a ticket was submitted.

Sometimes things just get hung up in the system. Most of my stuff showed up right away, sometimes it took several days. But try troubleshooting as the article suggests, perhaps something will nudge it into your inventory.

[EDIT] In digging around trying to help someone else, they’ve actually updated their ticket submission options with one you can submit if all of the things listed in the article above didn’t work.

You can submit a ticket here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/2092/ticket

7 Likes

Thanks for your help. I’ve submitted a ticket. Hopefully it will get sorted out, I really want that disco ball. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Make and link a new twitch account.

Rewatch.

I had to do this for the feldrake. Not sure why the first account failed on the drake, but the second one has worked on every drop since.

1 Like

It will be in your toy box if you have not looked there, it no longer comes through the mail.

:panda_face:

3 Likes

edit: Twitch finally did submit a solution and I posted about it in this thread. This update/edit is for posterity/others that have a similar issue.

Nope.

I submitted a ticket and Blizzard said “sorry-- it’s obviously a problem at Twitch, so there really isn’t anything we can do. You have to submit a ticket to them.”

So I submitted a ticket to Twitch and they said “yep… something is wrong. We can tell you did what was required. We can see that you didn’t receive the item, even though you should. Sorry. You should contact Blizzard.”

So… nothing but finger pointing. Because Blizzard isn’t going to give me the item when the two companies don’t really talk to each other to resolve issues.

Twitch is just acting like a fly-by-night scam company here. There KNOW there’s a problem and then… just try and pass the buck instead of FIXING IT.

This is insanely annoying. >(

2 Likes

Don’t forget to file a bug report.

2 Likes

I did.

BUT I ALSO WANT TO UPDATE!!!

Twitch wrote me back today with a variety of lame fixes. Turn off add-on’s, etc. One was “open a web browser in private browsing mode … and then try and claim prize.” I was like wth… what difference does that make??

And sure enough, that worked!!!

So for posterity, if you’re having trouble with Twitch/web interface issues, try and use a “private mode” browser window and see if that helps.

Thanks, Twitch for helping!

6 Likes

You would be surprised how many times I’ve had one of those, “how the heck is THAT supposed to help here?!?” moments… then it actually does. lol. Many years ago, during Burning Crusade, I had one character that would disconnect on every log in. Eventually I got ahold of Blizzard Tech Support and we went through some more in depth trouble shooting. Eventually we got to updating the firmware on my router, “how the heck is THAT supposed to help here!!!” I said to myself… I can still connect just fine with all my other characters… Well, spoiler alert, it actually solved the issue.

Technology is weird sometimes.

5 Likes

Sounds to me like it might be an issue with browser extensions. Like ad blockers or something.

Would also make sense why neither company seems to have figured it out yet.

1 Like

Which is a good starting point… except I’ve claimed 5 previous Twitch drops through Blizzard using the exact same setup.

It’s hard to blame the setup, when it hasn’t changed. :wink:

1 Like

Same here, got several drops before the feldrake. Then it didn’t work on the feldrake. Made another twitch account and linked it, no problems since.

I’m exactly in your position, twitch just gives generics answers with no solutions even with screenshots and wow GM’s are like nothing we can do bro… WHY they can’t just add the toy to the collection and thats it…

1 Like

This was answered in a few of the many threads about the previous drops.

These rewards are granted on a license-type structure. Once granted, the reward is yours to enjoy. A GM could very well be able to add the toy to your collections, but the system would check the next time you log in and see that your account does not have the required license and simply take it back.

5 Likes