Missing Title Issue

I have seen issues with season titles having issues. However, the other day I was looking at my equipment manager and I accidentally clicked my title bar instead, and saw that my title was set to Hand of Adai. No problem. Switched it back to the title that I have had it set on for forever and a day. Lt General. Thinking that was weird, I decided to look at it today again, and my Lt General title was completely gone.

My question is, is this a known issue? I don’t want to go through the hassle of a full UI reset if it is a known issue. If it is not a known issue, then of course I will do the reset, and if that does not fix it, put in a bug report. However, figured, I would inquire first.

The missing title issue, which has since been resolved, was specifically regarding two specific titles. The Vanquisher and Headmaster/Headmistress.

Looking at your character, Mastadon, I can see the Lieutenant General achievement, which should mean that you have access to the title.

Just start with disabling your addons first, before a full UI reset. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Vrak, I will do a full addon disable and see how that goes, and then we shall go from there. Thank you sir. I will do it tomorrow though, I am tired :sleepy:

1 Like

Thanks again Vrak. It was a misbehaving addon. I don’t know what it was, but disabling without a full UI reset worked. Then reloading my addons kept my title there. Appreciate it my friend. That title means an incredible deal to me. Wanted it to be High Warlord. My girlfriend wanted it to stop there. I chose her. Think I chose right. She is asleep in the bedroom and I put a ring on it and we have been happily married for a very long time =)

7 Likes

Also, and I just noticed this last night, would this be a bug?

In battle, when I switch to Alliance my title changes to Hand of Adai

Might drop a report over there just in case.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like a bug, Mastadon. Definitely worth reporting.

2 Likes

Is the title you are currently using faction specific?

I’ve noticed in BoD, when you switch factions, you get system messages in chat showing the loss of faction specific titles. Sidenote, you also lose access to faction specific mounts which we found out when some tried to summon repair mounts only to not have it cause they bought a horde specific one. The yak still works at least.

It could be the title you are using is faction specific and the game is picking Hand of Adal to use while you are alliance instead.

Yes. Lt General is a Classic PvP title. The original purpose of this post was not so much the switching. It had disappeared. Got that fixed, luckily without a UI reset. Then noticed it switching when I became a filthy dwarf. Figured it was due to it being a Horde specific title. The problem is it is not switching back after, which is why I inquired as to if this was a bug or not. Good call on the mount though. Explains why I can’t use my repair mount.

Coincidentally, I just discovered this myself last night during raid. It was disheartening. Pleading for repair mounts, oi.

Would you be able to key bind a macro to use the Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth while you have your faction switched during the raid?

#showtooltip Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
/CAST TRAVELER'S TUNDRA MAMMOTH

Since just placing your default faction’s version of the mount from the journal on your action bar would be set to that faction’s version. This would just look at the name instead.