Missing Mount

I’ve been doing the icecrown tournament daily quests for the past month or so before season 4 launched. i bought the argent hippogryph maybe a week or so before the patch hit. I logged in today to look at my mounts now seeing that the argent hippogryph is no longer in my mount tab nor is the currency that i bought it with in my currencies.

An SFA may have a chance to take a peek when they next have a chance to check the forums, but for a guaranteed answer you’ll have to submit a ticket if you believe it to have been rolled back.

Just to get the obvious out of the way, after purchasing the mount, did you make sure to learn it from your inventory?

2 Likes

yep not in my bags and i only did it on one toon so it would only be in this toons bags.

I do see an Argent Warhorse, Brilliam.

3 Likes

the argent warhorse i just purchased the day of posting this. i bought the hippogryph specifically about a week prior. Specifically saved up and bought the 150 champion seal mount first (argent hippogryph and then the argent warhorse about a week after.

1 Like

I now have 2 screenshots showing on the vendor “you already know this mount” and showing that its not in my mount tab.

Have you tried a UI reset? Sometimes that clears up things like this.

1 Like

no idea how to do that

Not sure if I’m allowed to post links but you can search it in the support pages. I think this is it:

Edit: if that doesn’t help you can rename the folders back to their original names so you don’t lose any settings.

3 Likes

problem is i dont use like any interface addons and have always been very minimalistic in terms of how many i actually use. so i highly doubt i have an addon that would actually cause that issue. I run basic blizzard Ui and everything.

Even without addons, things can become corrupted, which is why a reset is almost always the first suggestion

6 Likes

The most common reason for people not to see Mounts or pets is because they have some filters turned on/off in the Mount tabs. Uncheck or check all your filters. Toggle them. That should show your argent warhorse if needed.

Also make sure you are in a zone or area you can use it. As in, don’t stand next to the trading post vendor or mounts are not usable.

3 Likes

Have you tried checking unavailable and seeing if it shows then? I had a mount stuck under that that was usable. It had two versions for some reason.

3 Likes

not a filter either. i can physically see it in the mount tab. and completely unable to mount it saying i dont have it at all and grayed out. yet i purchased it. and i go to the vendor and it says i already know it.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the page isn’t loading now, but when the post was first made I checked the collections and the only “Argent” mount I could see in their collection was the Warhorse. I know it’s not the most reliable tool however.

If a full UI reset doesn’t solve it, it sounds like it might be a bug. Even without add-ons the UI can still become corrupted and this would rule that out. If it doesn’t help, it’s easily reversible.

Then I’d make a post over in the bug report forum or in game so someone who can potentially help can see it. You could try popping in a ticket to see if they see anything different, but likely they would see the see thing as Orlyia so not sure they’d be able to help.

Hope you can gain access to your mount soon.

Edit: Also, double check your bags. You might have one toggles off and not realize it. Look through them carefully and use the search feature. A corrupted UI might also be hiding it from view, it’s happened before.

2 Likes

Is it possible you bought it, never “used” it and then dumped it somewhere in your bank?

Also, just to get the obvious question out of the way, it was definitely the Argent Hippogryph you purchased & not the Silver Covenant Hippogryph?

6 Likes

Yep. I feel like an idiot now. didnt even realize that there are 2 hippogryphs for 150 seals. bought the silver covenant one instead of the argent one smh.

8 Likes

It can happen to anyone … you get tired or in a rush and just miss noticing the difference.

Best of luck with acquiring the Seals for the other Hippogryph.

I still have a LOT to get on my alts as well. Have all the mounts but the Paladin one – but oh my at the cosmetics and toys left to get.

5 Likes