Missing forum characters

I too am having this issue, and it has been slowly dying. They want to say its my PC , but with 3 different PC’s it still happens. First I was limited to 3 posts a day/ thread. But all all my toons, all of a sudden the other day I could only use 6 toons, none are my mains or even ones i play often. Had Bilizz look further into it and do what ever they do they said, so when i got home did everything advised this time, some of the same, but when i logged into the forums No characters at all. As i post this i noticed i got my 6 characters back that i had before this.

Well, it’s Tuesday. I’ve waited until today like I was told.

My 120s are still missing from the list. Guess I’m stuck with this guy…:frowning:

You lol have to wait until Maintenance, not just the day. If you’re on the East Coast, it’s almost 7am, which means it’s only almost 5am on the West. Doors don’t even open until 8am their time, you gotta give them time to actually get into the office and press that big red button.

4 Likes

Maintenance isn’t until 7am Pacific. For east coast that would be 10am.

3 Likes

We’ve passed these reports along to be looked into, but definitely let us know if characters have shown back up after maintenance.

I wouldn’t expect it, since the forums and game function separately for most things but stranger things have happened :laughing:

2 Likes

It is now noon. And the posting character have not returned.

Please fix.

They have not.

Then why were we told it would clear up with weekly maintenance?

If someone from Blizzard stated this, I didn’t notice it but I assume it would have been a best guess on their part based on what information they had.

I didn’t make any claims that this would be the case.

Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

I did not say Blizzard. Green text stated it would get fixed with maintenance. It is not fixed.

What are they doing about it? There’s been zero acknowledgement of the issue in the website forum. I believe you when you say you passed it along, but are they actually doing anything about it? It’s very frustrating.

I’m sure you’re aware that the MVPs are players just like yourself and the information they provide is information they gathered on their own. It’s not official, but intended to be helpful - even if sometimes they get it incorrect.

We’ve acknowledged it here. The team responsible for maintaining the forums is reviewing it to identify and fix the root cause.

Agreed. When the new forum system was being ramped up there were discussions about moving to a BattleTag system like all of the other games. It would certainly have simplified some things.

But we know that the WoW forums are unique and that players have preferred characters to represent themselves with. Not being able to do that because the character is missing is understandably frustrating.

3 Likes

Well that’s good to know. How much longer? It’s been nearly a week. Do they need help? 'Cuz I know a guy…

:poop:

Soon™

They don’t tend to provide ETAs as nobody remembers what the E stands for.

5 Likes

If an ETA were available, I promise I would have shared it. No benefit in me withholding details that are available.

Feel free to pass on interested folks to https://careers.blizzard.com/

Lots of positions up for various teams / roles :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Eating them apples, I’ve heard.

3 Likes

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:
Them apples?

1 Like

Logged out. Changed my acct password again. Logged back in with no change in the list of accessible characters. I’m still missing two, that I know of, both level 120.

I see Classic and Retail ones. It did update the recent change in level of my Classic toon from 20 to 22. It changed this toon from Draeni warrior to KT shaman.

The only new thing I’ve done is install the PTR and copy one of my main’s then deleted the copy. Haven’t made any other changes I’m aware of. Sub is 6 month reoccurring.

Me too

Xxxxxxx

My shaman is a WoW forum legend. I really hope I can post with him again ;_;

Done everything listed and nothing fixes it. I even originally was login with my main character, but soon as I logged out he was gone.

It clearly related to the servers being merged and characters are being lost in translation between the folds. Either it having issues with characters sharing same names or they are just being dropped into the neither.

I do not believe there will be a quick fix to this and will have to just read post than write on them.

1 Like

That’s the thing with fixing a software problem, you can say “It will take 3 days” but 9 times out of 10 something else happens and that estimate will be thrown out of the window. As an example look at the ticket times estimate.

2 Likes