Missing Characters

So, thinking maybe my account got hacked. But essentially, I stopped playing at least 4 years ago I believe, due to joining the military. Finally got a laptop, eventually got my account info and logged in. Some characters are still there, but none of my main ones. Did the delete cache thing, checked the realms, went to each realm that had a character and tried to restore delete but none of them showed. No clue what to do now. Please help. They were vanilla characters and would like to not have to start over from scratch.

Do you perchance have multiple game licenses and are logging into the correct one? There will be a drop-down menu above the Play button on the Launcher that you can cycle through the ones you have. If the characters were still active around the time you left, that would have been after the undelete service became a thing so they’ll still be around.

Have you checked your posting character’s realm Kaelthas? Being gone from the game so long, the realm selection screen as merely stopped showing how many characters you have on any realm, but they’re still around. You might need to go through every realm-- even the ones you don’t remember being on.

3 Likes

It just has WOW and WOW Classic and yes, I have. This is one of my side random characters, would my characters have just transferred to a different realm just for being gone for a while though? I mean, the couple realms I’m in don’t have any deleted characters so… I mean if it’s possible for a random migrate of a few characters I have to check every realm now?

Generally, no. I’ve never seen reports of it in my history here in Customer Support, but I learned long ago to never say never when it comes to technology. Sometimes we just forget where we may have left things, is all.

My next wonder would be a bit more unfortunate-- dependent on their level, maybe they were deleted. Anything under level 50 lasts for up to 120 days before being permanently deleted. If this is the case, I’m not sure even a GM can assist, especially if it happened shortly after you took your break. Data doesn’t last very long-- a full year is an exceptionally long time already for a game as massive as WoW.

1 Like

Never mind, you are correct. Definitely doesn’t show your characters anymore… went through a few servers. Thank you lol… nearly had a heart attack losing that much history on this game.

2 Likes