Misclick once, lost main character

Hey everyone, as you know Blizzard killed the Lavalash (US) server within a weekend. During that weekend, while my guild transferred over to Wild Growth, I misclicked Crusader Strike. There is no “are you sure” or anything, if you misclick, that’s final. I went through multiple tickets, finding out that I lost my character to Crusader Strike and that paid transfers (even though you can buy them) don’t work on SOD.

I then find out that my friend on Lavalash did the same thing as me, except they helped my friend, and were able to get her character back to Lavalash so she could go to Wild Growth. I sent Blizzard customer service another message, asking if they would help me (hoping I would get someone helpful) and i attached proof that they helped my friend. In response, I got a message saying if i continue messaging customer service about this matter I would have my account terminated. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I have been playing since 2008, and this is the treatment I receive.

**I posted on another forum, maybe this will be seen by an awesome customer service rep and will help! Thanks!

2 Likes

That is not a first line response to any ticket. That response happens when you have already gotten an answer, multiple times. If you keep putting in tickets for the same thing they eventually consider it GM harassment. Sometimes, no means no.

The GMs don’t come to the forums at all. This is not a way to submit a ticket. The CS forum is an Information Desk to help folks navigate the ticket process, explain polices, explain services, etc.

It sounds like your friend was able to get a refund on the character service which placed them back on Lavalash. Then they could initiate another purchase themselves to the server they wanted.

What they won’t do is just give people free transfers to another server, nor can they over ride the restrictions on server transfers.

If you put in a refund ticket very very shortly after the purchase, before using the purchase, they can usually help. If you did not do that, there may be little that can be done.

Refund Policy

World of Warcraft Game Services

We’ll refund certain World of Warcraft services within three days of purchase. Examples include:

Race, Name, or Faction Changes
Character Transfers
Guild Name Changes

A refund will revert the service your character or guild received.

For FREE transfers they are final.

Free Character Migration is a free service to move a character to and from select realms. It is offered when there is a need to balance realms population. If a time-limited Character Migration is available, it will be announced on the official World of Warcraft forums.

Apart from occasional Character Migrations, Free Character Transfers are available to move characters from WoW Classic Hardcore realms. This transfer is final and cannot be changed or reversed.

Blizzard Customer Support cannot provide Free Character Transfers.

11 Likes

Why do I think your leaving off a lot of this! I doubt you contacting them once would have them write you back saying they would terminate your account if you contact them again.

People need to be mindful of what they are clicking. Sure there is more to clicking on the server you want to go to and it would be done. Sure there would be a confirmation page.

4 Likes

Edit: After testing it out on my own SOD free character migration you need to select or input your destination and then review your order.

A mistake after selecting your final choice (realm) is on the low side of err since you would be able to change this until clicking confirm.

12 Likes

Just did it on a low lvl alt - no confirmation needed. As soon as you click its transferred.

I know it was my mistake, it’s just the fact that I was not the only one to misclick, but was the only one to not get reverted. I am fine with the outcome. I just hope they put a “Are you sure?” when transferring so no one else runs into this simple mistake that turns out to be fatal.
Another thing, on Season of Discovery, you can purchase a character transfer (which i did before opening tickets) but they do not work. I would be more than happy to pay for a character transfer but its not an option. Thanks for the reply.

You can purchase a Classic character transfer. It only works for the regular Classic realms. It says right on the service that it does not allow for SoD transfers or for any of the Seasonal or Hardcore realms (twice, actually.)

4 Likes

Are you using any addons that remove confirmation?

Only addon I use is DBM and Questie, so no. It’s totally my fault, just wish i received the help my friend did, as well as hope that no one else makes the mistake i did.

If your friend was granted an exception to the polices then that would be exceedingly rare and done on a case by case basis. Usually once for the lifetime of the account.

GMs are not going to discuss someone elses account with you to verify what was done with it, or why. If that is even true. Sadly nobody here but Blues would know, and the Blues won’t discuss someone elses account.

You can only ticket about your OWN account and your account was not eligible for any exceptions apparently, and given this was a free transfer, it was final.

3 Likes

Sometimes account history comes into play when a GM may make a consideration. If you’ve asked for something like this in the past, they will most likely deny your request. I’m not saying that that is what happened here, but it could explain why one person would get some type of consideration and another may not for the exact same request.

2 Likes

Understandable, too bad this was my first ticket ever. LOL will also be the last.

the can do certain things that the developers allow them to. This article explains what they can assist with. Spotlight On - Game Master Help - Support / Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums

4 Likes

Again, if there isn’t an automated tool, customer service just provides lip service on most issues. My last 3 tickets, just for this patch alone had to be fixed by internal teams. The tickets I put in were never resolved, yet they were closed and I had to reopen them. Customer service is a joke. You cannot talk to a human. The responses are not human. They greet you like ai software.

1 Like

It doesn’t take a lot of conversation when the answer is almost certainly going to be “no, we can’t do that, and no amount of negotiation will change that, and no, you can’t talk to a manager either.”

2 Likes

Things that have to be addressed by developers have ALWAYS been like that.

The chief reason being if we tinker around and ‘fix’ an issue the devs are working on you can easily end up with a BROKEN character.

No one wants that - you don’t, and we don’t.

Now, after the devs have addressed an issue a few things can happen. Ideally, folks are fixed across the board. Sometimes they will issue very specific instructions on how to treat a specific bug (but that’s pretty rare).

Unless and until GMs receive those instructions, it’s just far safer for you as a player to let the devs address the issue.

18 Likes