Misclick loot can kill game

In the case of extremely rare BiS items from the Ony and Nefarius, one misclick will kill the game for players… I and just a few others i found online have happened to choose the wrong quest reward from 40 man raid bosses. It’s very unlikely i will ever get a shot at the item i meant to choose now, which has put a road block in the progression of my character, and subsequently sucked all the fun out of the game for me. I have gotten responses from “If there was anything we could do to get you the item back we would” to “It would take a GM less that 10 minutes to delete the item and create a new one.” So my understanding is that Blizz could take less than 10 minutes to fix a character i’ve spent over 1,000 hours on, but refuse to. Yes I know it was my mistake, but I also know that a GM in Vanilla would have helped in this circumstance. I just can’t justify putting time and money into a character that will never reach it’s potential due to one misclick.

6 Likes

Or you can accept that you will do like 3% less DPS for like 6 months and live with it? The counter arguement could be made that if you cared so much about your 1000 hour character then you would be more careful with such an important decision.

Either way, deal with it and get the second BIS item on your list.

37 Likes

Policy changes. GMs are just adhering to a policy, it’s not their fault.

6 Likes

It’s not even a policy change, choosing the wrong quest reward is something they have never, ever intervened with.

I remember vividly, because I chose the wrong AQ ring and was told I was going to have to live with it.

15 Likes

but they also make the best “the sht i did in classic” stories.

6 Likes

Any time you’re selecting epic quest rewards and you’re not 100% sure, stop what you’re doing and spend like 2 hours researching.

That’s stupid though, I thought GM’s were able to reverse or replace lost important quest reward items. Feel like that was a thing in Vanilla?

4 Likes

Why would put hours into raiding to increase my DPS by a few percent, when i can just accept the fact that i will do 3% less DPS for the next 6mo? Either i’m not going to let you tell me what to do.

1 Like

Not really

Alright misclicker, at least I accept the consequences of my actions instead of crying to blizzard to fix it.

21 Likes

I am certain they have done it in vanilla… you are right i did do my research, and certainly should have been more careful, knew what i was going for, but the names are near identical and I don’t have the best vision xD

1 Like

Next you know a lvl 60 will complain he chose wrong race and just wasn’t sure how to change it all those levels.

5 Likes

I am not crying to Blizzard to fix it, I quit asking for it to be fixed. I am expressing my opinion on why I am choosing to end my subscription, on the off chance that Blizzard hears me and others might not have to run into the same problem. But thanks for the input

1 Like

So you quit because you screwed up and blizzard wouldnt fix your screw up?

Just so we are on the same page.

26 Likes

Really disheartening… which is why I literally stare for up to 2 minutes before selecting any quest reward of consequence. Blizz has never reversed quest loot choices. They can only restore items that you 100% had in your inventory at some point.

1 Like

If you truly “put hours into raiding” then you would have known long, long before you got the head exactly what item you needed from the quest reward.

12 Likes

Try being a non dwarf priest on alliance side, the racism is real.

1 Like

Then don’t post here asking for advice or to vent. Keep your complaints to yourself if you can’t handle other’s opinions.

8 Likes

Maybe you should have key-binded the quest reward.

1 Like

I didn’t ask for advice, half this forum is complaints, and though he may seem triggered his opinion doesn’t bother me im just saying im not going keep playing.

I’m sorry I just don’t understand this logic.

Do you drop out of school because of one failed test?

Quit your job because of one complaint?

16 Likes