Minor Tweaks to Wotlk PvP

Yikes, tell me you know nothing about enhance by saying you know nothing about enhance.

Focus purge on important buffs, focus kicks while having full uptime. Grounding, tremors, hex, earthbind to remove slows from yourself and teammates. Using stoneskin at the right times since we have so few defensives all while trying to connect to your target with zero gap closers.

We are countered by Wars/DKs/Rogues/Mages/Ferals, but we have to always out play our opponent to win. Again, it’s clear you don’t know much about enhance.

3 Likes

ele will be fine once bug fixes to earthgrab are in next patch. still S tier but not nearly as oppressive.

you fix hpal by reworking sacred cleansing to be a 30% chance to dispel 2 magic debuffs instead of 1.

you fix arms and keep it in S tier by removing unrelenting assault and having taste for blood ICD occur on the use of overpower (instead of the gain of the proc).

oh, and for good measure, make cloak of shadows 100% instead of 90% and make glyph of prep not reset CD on kick.

the below wall of text is my doctoral thesis on fixing preg.

imo the best way to gut preg is by changing judgements of the wise to only grant mana when equipping a 2 hand weapon. preg isn’t broken by art of war procs - it’s a combination of fast swings granting art of war procs every gcd, infinite mana from judgements of the wise, and weird scaling on sheath of light.

you have to be cognizant of what you would potentially change because traditional retribution shouldn’t be punished for swapping to a shield - it’s a core part of their gameplay.

changing judgements of the wise to only generate mana when wearing a 2 hander will remove the most egregious piece of the hybrid, being the infinite mana. its longevity is why it’s meta. it will still be possible to play the spec, and it will still have its strengths, but you’re forfeiting longevity to play it OR you’re locking yourself to 3 gcd’s every time you cast judgement for the sake of longevity.

this change would make the “hybrid” A LOT more clunkier, which i think is good. if it’s frustrating to play, great - it’s frustrating to play against. that would be the definition of balance. clunky hybrid spec that requires you to plan around 3 dead globals every 6-8 seconds to drag out a game rather than hold W and hit what lights up on CD.

it has no affect on retribution as a spec (for the most part - if you’re sitting shield as ret for 20+ seconds, it could make the spec weaker, but it’s unlikely that’s a real scenario). it doesn’t affect pve.

that’s a lot of typing for what i think is a good idea that the skeleton crew classic dev team will never even see. how many wow tokens for some pvp tuning?

6 Likes

Thats a bummer, last thing we needed was a buff to TSG, TC, etc.

2 Likes

I would love to see you play feral, rogue, hunter, or literally any caster if you think that 4 totems and focus shear/purge is challenging gameplay

1 Like

I play a destro lock and SP and they are max level.

Make totem stomping macroes a thing again. Nerfs ele.

How is it I find a way to your comments every time and they only make sense after I read your name.
You are a plague.

You’re obviously obsessed with me? :man_shrugging:t2:

No you just appear in threads with the absolutely wrong take every time.

Yeah, from what others are saying, that seems to be the outstanding culprit for Arms.

Honestly, I’m kinda shocked at the replies so far. I kinda expected to get absolutely flamed for suggesting any kind of #changes at all… I hope Blizzard sees some of these (minor) PvP balancing threads, and realizes the current state really does need a tune up.

This always makes me lol. You can only raid once a lockout for what a couple hours or so. people who pvp try to queue every day. If you really love this game pvp is a good end game because you can keep playing it and improving

3 Likes

I think most of us are not fond of the current balance. There’s a reason why Classic Era is much more popular than WOTLK Classic now, and its not just because of token or the RDF fumble. Wotlk classic has failed on many levels.

Cata was always pvp BiS for me so this is sort of a casual waiting room for me at this point. I could play cata pvp for all of eternity.

1 Like

The ele roots for example were working as intended - they never DRed in original wrath. Yet Blizzard decides to make a huge intervention into the Wrath meta and nerfs it in a patch where they were most concerned with bug fixes. It’s weird to package them together, as if the ele roots were a bug.

Nonetheless, I’m totally on board with changes so long as they’re not piecemeal crap like this and actually serve to balance the game. They need to establish a direct line of communication to Chan, Snutz, Hydra, Venruki, and other veteran PVPers who care for health of the game and have the knowledge and judgement to recommend good balancing changes. It’s not like the average casual player who Blizzard caters to prefers this dumb and unbalanced state of Classic pvp - they actively avoid it. Blizzard only stands to gain imo.

1 Like

Does Venruki play anything other than DF these days? I thought those guys (minus Hydra) quit wotlk a while back?

Nah they all still play. Pretty sure they’re all in safe rank 1 range in Wrath.

why do casual pvpers care if ele roots dr with each other though. this kind of change only benefits people with the knowledge that can abuse it

casual pvpers could care less about class balance, they just don’t find wotlk pvp appealing IMO

The point is that the average player doesn’t even PVP so there’s no conflict in making PVP good with intelligent balance changes for those people who do enjoy it.

Enh is harder in pvp than feral because you get so little defensives and you get a mage sized health pool kek

Okay FAIR but your last point here “It’s not like the average casual player who Blizzard caters to prefers this dumb and unbalanced state of Classic pvp - they actively avoid it” insinuates people avoid pvp for its imbalance, and not potentially other reasons?

Just cuz enha kinda sucks doesn’t mean that it takes skill. You are just kind of a support monkey for your warrior/hunter. Very dumb play style.

It’s stupid that their best offensive cooldown is also one of their best defensive cooldowns. Promotes an all in zug zug strategy.