Minor Tweaks to Wotlk PvP

I’ve never seen a more dead arena expansion in my life, and it’s such a shame because Wotlk is so close to something really beautiful. At the same time, that beauty is decimated by a few specs (HPal, Preg, Ele, Arms). I think with a few minor tweaks, the next two seasons could be incredibly fun, and not front loaded by the exact same (incredibly droll) 3 compositions.

Holy Paladin: Sacred Cleansing is the obvious issue. Instead of having it provide a 30% Resist, consider changing it to a 30% Reduction in CC. This way it still provides some utility, but doesn’t just straight ruin the game.

Preg: Just destroy the spec. If it existed in this state back in the day, you would have gutted it. More so, it gets even more oppressing as they get better gear. Nip it now, and maybe change Art of War Procs so it scales off of weapon damage, so it is still useful for Ret, but does very little healing as Preg.

Ele: I’m not sure exactly what Ele needs. Maybe an ever-so-slight tweak to Astral Plane so instead of taking 30% reduced damage while stunned, they take 15-20% reduced damage. They just currently have no weaknesses, and need an minor tweak to survivability.

Arms: I’m also not entirely sure what Arms needs, but it’s absurd that Warrior/Hpal is allowed to just absolutely massacre the twos ladder for the entirety of the expansion. (Although, if I’m honest, the Arms oppression may be more due to Hpala’s being broken than them, so maybe the nerf to Hpal will be enough).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on some very minor changes that I don’t think would shake-up the Meta all that much, but would also allow some other classes and comp variation to shine.

3 Likes

Arms is perfect… don’t touch Arms… :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I think I agree with you. That said, Hpal/War is ruining the 2s Bracket, and Thunder is ruining the 3s Bracket. But as I said in my post, I think that may be more due to Ele/Hpal being busted, so if they are toned down maybe that’s enough for Arms as well!

Arms just needs UA removed honestly. No reason to have a 75% ms in this game.
Ele is whatever, hpal is whatever.

Should probably not allow class stacking (double dog). Preg should be deleted as well.

3 Likes

Pally Bubble needs to be nerfed…

Quick nerf to preg that effects nothing is simply moving one hand specialization lower into the prot tree so they can’t get it anymore

1 Like

Don’t nerf my preg teammates! Enhance needs them to play 2s.

Honestly, the big fix next season for eles earthbind totem is a major nerf. They are still going to be the best caster, but it’s a nice change.

For Warrior, the best consistent damage class in the game with the best healing reduction in the game. Maybe reduce Ms effect from 50 to something lower or as someone said remove UA, as 75% is just stupid.

2 Likes

PVP is a side game, changes in PVP always screw up PVE,

How is nerfing UA effect pve? It doesn’t even work in pve already.

Simple fix to pref would be to make art of war only proc while 2H are equipped

2 Likes

TBC Era server with our snapshotted character clones.

2 Likes

I think these are fair changes. I’d add Unrelenting Assault to the list for Warriors, this is the real reason why Warriors are so broken.

1 Like

HPal: Change Sacred Cleansing to have a 30% chance to dispel a second debuff. Nerf sacred shield somehow. Increase divine plea cooldown.

Eles are already getting nerfed tremendously with the root dr change. I honestly think this change sucks because it just buffs melee, warriors in particular, who are already making the game extremely toxic and lame.

Warriors: Remove UA. Reduce Shield Wall duration. Remove imp hampstring root. They should not have arguably the highest damage output, insane mobility, and also be ridiculously tanky.

1 Like

(1) delete guh-nomes
(2) buff Druids

1 Like

enhance is a brainless auto attack spec whose viability is a sign that the game is in a bad state

what makes your class viable shouldn’t be a concern to anyone who wants to make wrath decent

1 Like

There was a DR nerf?

Yeah, the Earthbind root now DRs with itself and other non-random roots, such as Entangling Roots and Frost Nova.

Really screws over comps such as Ele Mage Disc and Lock Ele Rdruid
Buffs TSG, Turbocleave, even Thunder cuz it grants the warrior more uptime

Every melee is an auto attack class.

I’ll take the bait though. Enhance has two defensives (wolves heal and SR), one tied to our mana regen and if used wrong you will be a sitting duck.

In reality, enhance is actually one of the harder melee to play well and excel.

2 Likes

Have you played retail recently? They can make refs and buffs that are only applied to PvP environments only.

Warriors, Rogues, and Ferals all at least have some skill expression.

Enhance really is a do nothing but right click, purge, and hope you win in wolves duration spec. It’s horribly designed, idk how anyone could be a fanboy for that.

1 Like