Minor Glyph for Death and Decay

Just thought about this, after i finally managed to not see the smash at Algalon due to 3 DKS stacking their DnD:

Can´t we just get Minor Glyphs for Death and Decay that change the visual of it ?
Having a red marker for void zone like events in a red area is the worst design possible.
And while i can blame myself for being tired and thus failung to see the Smash, i imagine that everyone that has issues with their eyesight would be having far more problems with that.

I mean it does not have to be a minor glyph that removes the visual, as this would also have impact on pvp, but having several glyphs for several color choices… would not only help in raids, such als picking a yellow/green death and decay for algalon for example, i guess that DKs would also really like having this choice on their coloring of Death and Decay.

Imagine a raid with multiple Dks creating a rainbow !
Jokes aside, it would be really helpfull to have this.

3 Likes

Just do what most everyone dose on alg have melee stack on one leg and move to the other leg each and every smash not only do you never get hit and dosent matter if you can see it it’s also the optimal way as if melee on both legs you can get a zone on both legs resulting in needing to move out and stop dping where as a melee just moving legs costs you no dps.

Donno why people need to ask for a change to a game meant to be a historical game making it less and less of the game we wanted to play. Esp when there is already solutions that exist that completely remove the issue in the vary examples they gave while not being hard or even extra work to do.

Having tons of effects cluttering up melee was a part of wrath and something that was changed in later xpacs to allow you to cut down on effects you see a ton if you want. But it is vary much a part of classic raiding learning to deal with the clutter.

1 Like

I dunno about your raid, but we dont stack as tanks inside the melee.

Coloring options for DND that help people with visual problems would be a gamebreaker for you ?

There are Colorblind option in thee menu, go click on them and select what you need. L2P 0/10

They dont change colors that are the same to be colors that are not the same. Troll in a different cave.

I highly doubt blizzard is going to make a brand new glyph for wrath just to eliminate an inconvenience that a small portion of the community are having on a single mechanic for a single boss. Here’s some work arounds to see the cosmic smash easier;

Have all your melee stack on 1 boss leg. When smash goes out every melee runs to the other leg.

Lower the graphics while fighting alg so DnD isn’t as pronounced.

Also the color blind feature really is a godsend. You CAN see the difference in void zones and DnD with colorblind feature on. It makes read void zones turn into a solid black hole reminiscent of the 4 horseman encounter in Naxx.

Good luck.

Melee QQ’d about DnD on KT as well. Probably others too TBH, but ranged go brr so I don’t pay attention.

Chances are there will be a few more bosses. I want to say lady deathwhisper drops DnD too.

No you don’t you move 2 yards to the side slightly turning boss.

As said rather than complaining find the solution that costs you nothing.

For your 2nd point accessibility options for colourblind already exists. You claim it dosent help but that only shows you have never used it and furthers my point, you would rather complain and ask for change than use what is already there and already works.

I know there was a weakaura that was used in KT/OS to remove the dnd effect so people could see void zones better. Possibly the best option is to find and adjust it to work in algalon? Idk how it worked but I imagine it should be possible.

Nobodies trolling lvl 10 orc

Well he assumed you weren’t a total muppet.

They probably just shouldn’t use red particle effects to warn you when classes cover the ground with red particle effects.

It took Blizzard a very, very long time to get good at telegraphing boss abilities well enough.

You shouldn’t have to use workarounds in order to better see the only warning a fight gives you to not die.

1 Like

You could just not use the ability.

Have you tested what it looks like with colorblind mode enabled?

m8, the “HASHTAG NO CHANGES” ship sailed years ago

also this is literally a minor visual change to one spell

lmao

The difference on a fight like KT being your melee need to be spread out for the ice blocks so you can’t do something similar to what you can do with Algalon. D&D is definitely too defined of an ability even with low settings and particle textures on for to see void zones. If I could just have an option to turn it off entirely that would be far better than having to deal with it covering up boss mechanics. That can’t be an intended use of the ability but I don’t foresee the 1 intern who works for classic being able to fulfill something like that.

I will repeat:

You shouldn’t have to use workarounds in order to make the only warning of a lethal boss ability appropriately visible.

That includes any and all methods of changing your behaviors / graphics settings to make the warning harder to miss.

The ability should just be far harder to miss by default, either by naturally reducing Death and Decay’s visual, or by making the effect of the cosmic smash larger/brighter/a different color, etc.

1 Like

Choosing not to use an ability because of a negative side effect is not a workaround, imo

The “negative side effect” is to work around the coloration of the cosmic smash.

So yeah… It is.

It’s not like Algalon punishes you for hitting him with ground based AoEs. That would be a relevant negative side effect to make not using death and decay make sense.

It’s just bad overlap with the coloration of a boss ability. Your artists are supposed to fix that kind of thing before the boss launches.

He punishes you for spamming an AoE that is the same color as one of his abilities.